Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:34 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT Date: 07-26-2014
GPA: 3.54
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mason Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
onfire2909 wrote:
Hi luckydips,

How was your interview?? Did you get your result from the Mason School?

Any interview tips?? I have my interview on Nov 24.

I would be very much thankful to you for your help.

Thanks

luckydips wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:
When is your interview? whats your profile and GMAT?

Interview is tonite! GMAT :770 and 4 years of WE. Decent extracurriculars.

Hey sorry for the late reply everyone!My bad, was on a work visit to a remote location and had limited access to my mails. I have already paid the non-refundable amount so will most probably be joining if I don't get an extraordinary opportunity elsewhere. As for the alumni feedback, I have recently gotten in touch with one of them via mail. He had good things to say about WM. Soon I will be talking to him over phone and will definitely get more in-depth details about the Mason experience. Will share the same.

Interview tips- I hope you are not done with your interviews.If Amanda takes it, your day is made. She is so warm that you instantly become comfortable. I was asked the normal run of the mill questions like why MBA, why Mason, short and long term objectives etc. It was short and sweet. The reason for this could be that I had met Amanda in person, when she was here in Mumbai. You obviously dress for the occasion and dont interrupt your interviewer. Additionally, I have been following Amanda's twitter page which gives hell lot of information and insights about the activities going on in Mason. There you can get details about who your future mentors are going to be or what family or professional activities you can be a part of. Your interest in the program can be reflected positively when you mention such intricate details during the interview. ATB!

-- Dipanshu
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GPA: 3
WE:Information Technology (Human Resources)
Send PM
USambyal wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:
Overall, I think Its not a good feedback from Mason student. I am a bit disappointed as I was planning to join Mason.

So have you decided on joining Mason then?

I am not sure. need some more time to evaluate.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT Date: 10-30-2013
GPA: 3.3
WE:Marketing (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
onfire2909 wrote:
Guys,

Just got done with my interview... It went pretty well... Very general and very comfortable... It was taken by Mr.Randy... Questions revolved around application (goals, why mason, etc.)....

Awaiting a result soon.. Expecting an admit with some $$... Fingers crossed...!!

Any update?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: AGSM '20
GPA: 3.72
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey Guys,
I applied for Round 1 of the applications for W&M. I wish to understand the application process post submission. It says in the website, if an application clears the initial assessment, the applicant is invited for an interview. In this regard,

1. Is every applicant interviewed before offering a decision?
2. How long should I wait after I submit my application for any feedback (for an interview, admission decision etc, etc, etc) from the school?
3. From the discussions above most of the R1 applicants have had their interviews by end of November. Am I right here, or this includes the early deadline discussion as well? Any R1 applicant who has completed her/his interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

Hope you are doing good..!!

Answers to your questions:

1.Yes, interview is a part of the admissions process and ideally every applicant being offered a decision has to go through the interview
2.If you have submitted your application prior to Round 1 deadline, you can now write to the school seeking a further update on your application. In view of upcoming Christmas holidays, I guess the school would be closed in last week of December. However, the decision datefor R1 is Jan 15, so still there is a month more to go. They may be int he process of conducting interviews currently.
3.Well in the discussion on this group, 3 people I know are early decision applicants. I am a R1 applicant. I applied around Nov 14 and got interview call in first half of Nov 17 itself. I got interviewed on Nov 24. The interview was very much in line with the details mentioned in earlier threads.

Where are you from?? What is your overall profile like and what specialization have you applied for??

Thanks...

globalperspectives wrote:
Hey Guys,
I applied for Round 1 of the applications for W&M. I wish to understand the application process post submission. It says in the website, if an application clears the initial assessment, the applicant is invited for an interview. In this regard,

2. How long should I wait after I submit my application for any feedback (for an interview, admission decision etc, etc, etc) from the school?
3. From the discussions above most of the R1 applicants have had their interviews by end of November. Am I right here, or this includes the early deadline discussion as well? Any R1 applicant who has completed her/his interview?
Current Student
Given Kudos: 13
Schools: AGSM '20
GPA: 3.72
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi onfire2909,
Thanks for your reply. I submitted my applications after R1 deadlines (24 Nov). I had a chat with the school and they offered me a deadline extention. As you have rightly stated, there is still a month's time, but the anxiety has taken over. I guess I shall wait till December 15 before I mail the school for a feedback.

I am from India and I am in global product development (powertrain development and Exhaust emission reduction) in the field of automotive engineering. I have applied for the SCM specialization.

How about you?

Best of luck.

Cheers

onfire2909 wrote:
Hi,

Hope you are doing good..!!

Answers to your questions:

1.Yes, interview is a part of the admissions process and ideally every applicant being offered a decision has to go through the interview
2.If you have submitted your application prior to Round 1 deadline, you can now write to the school seeking a further update on your application. In view of upcoming Christmas holidays, I guess the school would be closed in last week of December. However, the decision datefor R1 is Jan 15, so still there is a month more to go. They may be int he process of conducting interviews currently.
3.Well in the discussion on this group, 3 people I know are early decision applicants. I am a R1 applicant. I applied around Nov 14 and got interview call in first half of Nov 17 itself. I got interviewed on Nov 24. The interview was very much in line with the details mentioned in earlier threads.

Where are you from?? What is your overall profile like and what specialization have you applied for??

Thanks...

globalperspectives wrote:
Hey Guys,

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello People,

I am a R1 applicant and I have been interviewed by Mr.Randy on November 24. As informed to me in the interview, the results will be out in mid January. Is it advisable to write to the adcom to expedite my result. Like if they can provide me the result before Christmas.

Thanks

twodice1 wrote:
onfire2909 wrote:
Guys,

Just got done with my interview... It went pretty well... Very general and very comfortable... It was taken by Mr.Randy... Questions revolved around application (goals, why mason, etc.)....

Awaiting a result soon.. Expecting an admit with some $$... Fingers crossed...!!

Any update?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
Send PM
Hi,

Going by the posts in this forum, I think it is safe to say that you can write to adcom to expedite your result. But be sure to give a specific reason for it.

Cheers!

onfire2909 wrote:
Hello People,

I am a R1 applicant and I have been interviewed by Mr.Randy on November 24. As informed to me in the interview, the results will be out in mid January. Is it advisable to write to the adcom to expedite my result. Like if they can provide me the result before Christmas.

Thanks

twodice1 wrote:
onfire2909 wrote:
Guys,

Any update?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guys, whats the update?

Anyone paid the tuition and is willing to matriculate at Mason?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
vaggar4 wrote:
Guys, whats the update?

Dude, though I have paid the tuition deposit, I will most probably not be joining. I hope the payment is not binding.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
luckydips wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:
Guys, whats the update?

Dude, though I have paid the tuition deposit, I will most probably not be joining. I hope the payment is not binding.

Not sure why u paid the money upfront. Its a non refundable deposit and u wont get it back.
You have been admitted to great schools like Tippie, Kenan Flagler and I am assuming with scholarship.
So which one you going to?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
vaggar4 wrote:
luckydips wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:
Guys, whats the update?

Not sure why u paid the money upfront. Its a non refundable deposit and u wont get it back.
You have been admitted to great schools like Tippie, Kenan Flagler and I am assuming with scholarship.
So which one you going to?

What I meant was , I hope my admission is not binding, because of the tuition deposit. See at that time I had only one admit and the future looked pretty bleak as far as other schools were concerned. But things turned out well for me later. anyways you learn from your mistakes. By the way, most probably I will be joining Kenan Flagler.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh yes. Absolutely. Even though you have paid the fee, you can turn down the offer. There is no such rule.
And Kenan Flagler is a great school. I wish I had a great score like yours.
What if I end up joining Mason? Is it a decent school for an International student?
Its ranking has fallen from 55 to 79 in 3 years. I am a little afraid.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vaggar4 wrote:
Oh yes. Absolutely. Even though you have paid the fee, you can turn down the offer. There is no such rule.
What if I end up joining Mason? Is it a decent school for an International student?

Rankings #59: https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/ - #68 https://poetsandquants.com/2014/11/26/po ... ranking/5/

I'll be joining in 2015.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
twodice1 wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:

Rankings #59: https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/rankings/ - #68 https://poetsandquants.com/2014/11/26/po ... ranking/5/

I'll be joining in 2015.

Thanks twodice. Just to correct one thing..its rank 66 and not 68 in poetsandquants. :)
But if you see the US News , its 79 or 82 rank.
Also, How are job opportunities for International students?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vaggar4 wrote:
twodice1 wrote:
vaggar4 wrote:

I'll be joining in 2015.

Thanks twodice. Just to correct one thing..its rank 66 and not 68 in poetsandquants. :)
But if you see the US News , its 79 or 82 rank.
Also, How are job opportunities for International students?

I personally know of two alumni who have received a visa and are in consulting roles so it isn't impossible. Rankings can be anything you make of them and none can guarantee instant success but just make it easier for you to succeed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks bro. I will make my decision by end of Jan or mid of Feb.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts