Last visit was: 31 May 2024, 23:13 It is currently 31 May 2024, 23:13
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 131
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
My interview is tomorrow and I'm feeling pretty nervous. Have no idea what to expect with an adcom interview vs. alumni interview (though technically he is also an alumnus). I hope it's as un-intimidating as people say!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ksc104046 : ATB for the interview. Nail it hard :gl
Manager
Manager
Send PM
https://gmatclub.com/forum/mccombs-ut-au ... l#p1312340

roltcg wrote:
kana162 wrote:
mm1339 wrote:
Anybody else monitoring this thread for scholarship info? Please post if you receive anything!

I got an email with a scholarship amount today. Any idea what the ranges are?

Posted from my mobile device

From McCombs' website: "Cash awards range from $2,000 to $10,000 and consist of both one and two-year awards. In addition, these awards often provide out-of-state tuition waivers, which save the student an additional $16,000 per year."

Link: https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full ... holarships

VS

From current McCombs website:- "Scholarships range from $2,000 to full-tuition. Scholarships come in the form of cash awards and out-of-state tuition waivers."

Did the school increase their total scholarship funds this year?

If that's the case, then https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/Invest-I ... ow-to-Give is surely working. :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
For those invited for interview from India, have you been granted a TOEFL waiver yet?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CA, SAP FICO
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
sayan1991 wrote:
For those invited for interview from India, have you been granted a TOEFL waiver yet?

Yep
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CA, SAP FICO
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
How many Indians are taking a face to face interview with Alumns?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Research (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I got the invite for an interview. It is today!

Any tips or must-dos?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Ahhh the wait is frustrating.

NEED.AN.INVITE.

:|
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
Booked my flight to go down and interview early next month and sit in on a class, pretty excited.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I am a R1 admitted student from India and am happy to help. I interviewed with Rodrigo in Mumbai (traveled from Delhi) and I think that was a part that helped me make him recognize that I was serious about McCombs. Do take the opportunity to interview in person (He's travelling from US to conduct interviews, so can you travel a little to interview with him).

Questions for the interview were pretty much the same as any other interview. But since it was my first, I was nervous which I think impacted my scholarship outcome :( Its a blind interview and he would not have read your essays so you can talk about the things you wrote in the essay which would cover most of the interview questions.

Anyhow, there is not much to worry about the interview - just be sure why you need an MBA - your authentic story. Research well about the school to ask good questions (2-3 Qs - read the McCombs blog - they talk about it). Do talk about the any alums or students you got in touch with to learn about the school (specifically asked in the interview). Given McCombs collaborative culture, it reflects well if you have reached out to students who are always eager to help.

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hi guys! I got my McCombs Interview invite today. This will be my first Interview so I'm hoping that I can have a quick phone conversation with someone who's already been interviewed. Please let me know if anyone is willing to help.
Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing
WE:Marketing (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all, I'm a first year McCombs student on the McCombs Admissions Committee (MAC). I'd be happy to answer any questions that people have. I'm in the middle of internship recruiting season, but I'll reply as soon as possible. Feel free to send me a PM.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed with McCombs, and really truly enjoyed the experience. Maybe because it's because the school is in the South, but my interviewer (2nd year MBA student) was so friendly and easy to talk to. I was so nervous walking into the interview but walked out of it feeling really good (knock on wood) because my interview was very conversational. I think it really helps to be interviewed by a student because they've been through the exact same MBA application process which makes them relatable. Having a student interviewer also helped me see the kind of people that make up the McCombs student body and created a very positive impression. From watching the interactions among McCombs students while visiting the school, I could see that McCombs students really do genuinely love their school and have a tight bond with their classmates.

The interview questions were the same standard interview questions that everyone was being asked. They have a list of questions that they ask the interviewees that they fill out. If you do a search for "interview questions" on this forum, you'll pretty much find the questions you're being asked. They don't ask all of the questions and its a conversational interview so its pointless to memorize the questions and the responses as it would come off as non-genuine. They're pretty standard MBA interview questions (weaknesses, strengths, examples of how you solved a problem, etc).

This was also super helpful in my preparation: https://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mba-ins ... -crush-it/

Also, as a side note, definitely spend the time to check out Austin while you're there! I know a lot of you are planning skype interviews, but it really was worth it for me to check out the city because UT is really interconnected with the city. I got to see some old friends in Austin and they brought me to check out a lot of really cool places. All of my friends there are non-Texas natives and they loooooove the city. The food scene in Austin is insane and I highly recommend checking out bbq places, Torchy's Tacos, etc. It also has a ton of young people, lots of great outdoor activities (it's not flat like the rest of Texas like I had thought! There's biking/hiking trails, a lake everyone walks around, etc. People here are all about outdoor activities.), a GREAT music scene (Austin City Limits anyone?), and just a creative/weird/innovative/friendly about it. Obviously, as someone from the Bay Area, I would say the weather isn't the greatest and apparently public transportation is meh, but housing is 1/3 of the price of the Bay Area, and there's no state income taxes, so you really could live well in Austin on a student budget....and perhaps even BECOME A LANDOWNER (which is an impossible dream in the Bay Area)!

One thing that definitely stood out about McCombs/Austin in general is that people are insanely friendly and nice, and this is coming from a Californian. So yeah, as you can tell, I kinda loved my visit.
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
w504ds wrote:
I interviewed with McCombs, and really truly enjoyed the experience. Maybe because it's because the school is in the South, but my interviewer (2nd year MBA student) was so friendly and easy to talk to. I was so nervous walking into the interview but walked out of it feeling really good (knock on wood) because my interview was very conversational. I think it really helps to be interviewed by a student because they've been through the exact same MBA application process which makes them relatable. Having a student interviewer also helped me see the kind of people that make up the McCombs student body and created a very positive impression. From watching the interactions among McCombs students while visiting the school, I could see that McCombs students really do genuinely love their school and have a tight bond with their classmates.

The interview questions were the same standard interview questions that everyone was being asked. They have a list of questions that they ask the interviewees that they fill out. If you do a search for "interview questions" on this forum, you'll pretty much find the questions you're being asked. They don't ask all of the questions and its a conversational interview so its pointless to memorize the questions and the responses as it would come off as non-genuine. They're pretty standard MBA interview questions (weaknesses, strengths, examples of how you solved a problem, etc).

This was also super helpful in my preparation: https://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mba-ins ... -crush-it/

Also, as a side note, definitely spend the time to check out Austin while you're there! I know a lot of you are planning skype interviews, but it really was worth it for me to check out the city because UT is really interconnected with the city. I got to see some old friends in Austin and they brought me to check out a lot of really cool places. All of my friends there are non-Texas natives and they loooooove the city. The food scene in Austin is insane and I highly recommend checking out bbq places, Torchy's Tacos, etc. It also has a ton of young people, lots of great outdoor activities (it's not flat like the rest of Texas like I had thought! There's biking/hiking trails, a lake everyone walks around, etc. People here are all about outdoor activities.), a GREAT music scene (Austin City Limits anyone?), and just a creative/weird/innovative/friendly about it. Obviously, as someone from the Bay Area, I would say the weather isn't the greatest and apparently public transportation is meh, but housing is 1/3 of the price of the Bay Area, and there's no state income taxes, so you really could live well in Austin on a student budget....and perhaps even BECOME A LANDOWNER (which is an impossible dream in the Bay Area)!

One thing that definitely stood out about McCombs/Austin in general is that people are insanely friendly and nice, and this is coming from a Californian. So yeah, as you can tell, I kinda loved my visit.

Can't really echo this enough. When I visited last year for my interview, I had similar impressions. Austin is a really great city, the people were nice, the music/food scene is awesome.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: McCombs Super Week Recap: A Head Start on Summer Internship Recruiting
employment functions for Texas MBA students, and over 35% of these jobs are in the Consulting or Technology industries. For the class of 2015, over 40% of our students pursued these functions. In order to respond to the high volume of recruiting interest from employers and students, the Texas MBA Career Management team has created an annual event: “Super Week.”

This year, Super Week was held on campus January 12-16 2015. For students, it provides a focused opportunity to conduct first round interviews with top employers for summer internship positions. For employers, it grants a streamlined and competitive process for accessing McCombs talent.

As working professional MBAs are fully employed, only Full-Time MBAs interview for summer internships. About 30-50% of working professional MBAs do elect to seek employment other than their current, and many of those participate in both fall and spring on-campus recruiting for 2nd year MBAs.

We’ve asked participating employers to reflect on their Super Week experiences. Here is what they said:

Why recruit Texas MBAs?
“We recruit at McCombs because of a history of long-term success here.”

-Associate, Barclays

“Candidates at UT fit the bill academically and technically but also socially and personally.”

-Associate, Citi

“We recruit here because McCombs consistently provides great candidates who are well prepared. You deliver year after year in terms of candidates.”

-Recruiter, Simmons and Co.

“Our firm has a focus on oil and gas. McCombs has one of the best concentrations of people interested in energy/oil and gas, which makes it a perfect place for us to recruit.”

-HR Manager, North & South America, Schlumberger Business Consulting

On January 12th & 13th, 20 investment banks or financial firms conducted more than 200 interviews with 43 unique students. Wednesday through Friday, saw 11 management consulting firms conducting around 200 interviews with 76 unique students.  On January 20, the Ford Career Center reopened for the spring recruiting season to include all other recruiting industries as well as a few additional banks and consulting firms.

For all involved, this event is the culmination of an intense recruiting process after months of networking and preparation. Many thanks to the MBA Students, Student Leadership, Alumni, MBA Program Office Management and Staff, Corporate and Foundation Relations, and the Recruitment Services Team for pulling together to make this happen and provide a competitive, aggressive yet “level playing field” recruiting environment. This high degree of collaboration led to McCombs being tied for 11th in the nation for business schools with the highest percentage of MBA job offers in 2014.

Hook ‘Em!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
got an interview invite today morning.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Any news for waitlisted R1 candidates? I suppose we can hear some movement after the R1 response deadline of 12 feb. Also, with R2 being last round for international students there should ve movement latest by april-end.. after april it will anyways be too late for visa process.. any views ?

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6952 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts