GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 06 Dec 2019, 03:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Imperial College Moderator
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
WE: General Management (Retail Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 22:51
thomkatt wrote:
is anyone who have applied to R1 still waiting for a ding/invite/waitlist? I havent heard anything for my app yet, but they also gave me an extension past the deadline. I submitted October 7th, 9 minutes past the deadline due to technical issues

Why don't you contact any admission director? You must have received a mail from a admission director who is assigned to you. R1 interview decisions are already out.

Posted from my mobile device
B
Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 23:39
aghosh54 wrote:
thomkatt wrote:
is anyone who have applied to R1 still waiting for a ding/invite/waitlist? I havent heard anything for my app yet, but they also gave me an extension past the deadline. I submitted October 7th, 9 minutes past the deadline due to technical issues

Why don't you contact any admission director? You must have received a mail from a admission director who is assigned to you. R1 interview decisions are already out.

As I mentioned, I think for me my app is being reviewed last since I submitted way past the deadline. Not sure how many people got extensions, but if people started the app and were close to finishing, but didn't submit by the original deadline, I think they extended it to people. I'll wait another week or so before I contact them. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 01:46
thomkatt wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:
thomkatt wrote:

As I mentioned, I think for me my app is being reviewed last since I submitted way past the deadline. Not sure how many people got extensions, but if people started the app and were close to finishing, but didn't submit by the original deadline, I think they extended it to people. I'll wait another week or so before I contact them. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat

I think your application for moved to round 2
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 05:38
Businessconquerer wrote:
thomkatt wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:

I think your application for moved to round 2

No, I was informed my app was received fully and will be considered for Round 1. By an admissions officer. Perhaps my case is super unique, which is killing me now
P

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 05:45
What was your work ex, GMAT scorec and other stuff. May be I can check up on your chances.

If you're on the upper side of the GMAT score, perhaps they'll invite you early. Besides even my applications are stuck in KELLOGG, Ross and Stanford even though I got invite from Georgetown. I hope you don't have to go through the pain of rejection at least from a school that is in top 20 (US News).

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 07:45
Businessconquerer wrote:
What was your work ex, GMAT scorec and other stuff. May be I can check up on your chances.

If you're on the upper side of the GMAT score, perhaps they'll invite you early. Besides even my applications are stuck in KELLOGG, Ross and Stanford even though I got invite from Georgetown. I hope you don't have to go through the pain of rejection at least from a school that is in top 20 (US News).

I'm sure my app is just an anomly. I've already been rejected by a top 20, Columbia yesterday. I have 2 invites to 2 other top 20s though, so I dont know why I havent heard anything from Georgetown. I've connected with a couple of students from there and they loved my app and essays. Hopefully it's just because my app is at the very bottom of the pile. I'll update here once I hear anything for everyone and future reference.
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 09:39
Just got the interview invite! That settles that haha
P

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 09:47
thomkatt wrote:

Congratulations. Although you still didn't answer the questions, it helps us keep the decision tracker updated.
Hey, what universities did you get invite from among the universities you applies to? Other than Georgetown of course
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 09:51
Businessconquerer wrote:
thomkatt wrote:

Congratulations. Although you still didn't answer the questions, it helps us keep the decision tracker updated.
Hey, what universities did you get invite from among the universities you applies to? Other than Georgetown of course

I understand, but I'd like to keep that info private as I'm pretty superstitious and don't want to jinx my chances or reveal any personal information that could jeopardize my current job or my admissions offers. my other invites are KF and UW
P

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 09:54
thomkatt wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
thomkatt wrote:

I understand, but I'd like to keep that info private as I'm pretty superstitious and don't want to jinx my chances or reveal any personal information that could jeopardize my current job or my admissions offers. my other invites are KF and UW

Wait I just saw your location. Shouldn't be hardfor you to get in, play the diversity card, you'll be good
Good luck

I hope u get in
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2019, 11:25
actually, i'm a domestic ORM applicant haha the location is not my nationality/ethnicity

thanks a lot though! good luck to you if you're applying as well
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 06:59
Please share your advice on interview prep Gnpth.
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 07:27
To answer the "Run me through your resume" question should we present the achievements in numbers or in a story based approach?
S
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.47
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 20:25
I received a mail inviting me to MBA Reception in Mumbai. However, currently I'm in Bangalore. Did anyone get an invite for the reception in Bangalore? Mind sharing the link on PM?
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 20:38
dbsheta wrote:
I received a mail inviting me to MBA Reception in Mumbai. However, currently I'm in Bangalore. Did anyone get an invite for the reception in Bangalore? Mind sharing the link on PM?

I too got the invite for Mumbai. Today there is an event in Delhi but they didn't send the invite for that. I interviewed in Delhi yesterday and my interviewer asked whether I would attend the event. Did you get other mails regarding scholarship applications?

S

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 20:41
aghosh54 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:

I too got the invite for Mumbai. Today there is an event in Delhi but they didn't send the invite for that. I interviewed in Delhi yesterday and my interviewer asked whether I would attend the event. Did you get other mails regarding scholarship applications?

Yep. It was regarding a new scholarship for people who have worked considerably for gender equality.
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2019, 20:44
dbsheta wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:

Yep. It was regarding a new scholarship for people who have worked considerably for gender equality.

Ok. That means who has got an interview invite got this mail too.
B
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 22:39
aghosh54 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:

I had my interview yesterday but have not received event invite. What is basis for these invitations historically? Does it effect my chances?
Fisher(Ohio) School Moderator
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 23:07
vishal2507 wrote:
aghosh54 wrote:
dbsheta wrote:

I had my interview yesterday but have not received event invite. What is basis for these invitations historically? Does it effect my chances?

I don't think so. The invite depends on city you mentioned on the application. I got an invite for Mumbai since I mentioned that on my application (as my permanent address). I mailed them for an invite for Bangalore event; however, they are not coming to Bangalore this year.

In short, if you are from a city where an event is not planned, you might not get an invite.
S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 23:10
Exactly the mails don't have any bearing on the admission chances. I think the invitations are random. My present address is nowhere near Mumbai however I got an invitation for Mumbai.

Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2019, 23:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 63 posts ] 

Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, MsInvBanker