Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Hi, is there still hope for being on the waitlist without an interview?
My GMAT score is not in the middle 80th percentile but my GPA is around the average GPA. I have extensive international experience, around 10 years. The 2 total GMAT scores which were sent to them were basically the same (V37 Q35 and V28 Q43 respectively). Should I try GRE this time instead? 1 month might be too short for me to prepare for GRE.
I'm leaning more towards improving GMAT but at the same time don't want to spend more money on the GMAT because I've taken it more than 3 times within 3 months.
I'm also taking the CS50 course as mentioned in the optional essay.
Could someone please help me?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all McDonough MBA Applicants: [2020 Intake] Class of 2022! [#permalink]
Kudos
joyce03 wrote:
Hi, is there still hope for being on the waitlist without an interview?
My GMAT score is not in the middle 80th percentile but my GPA is around the average GPA. I have extensive international experience, around 10 years. The 2 total GMAT scores which were sent to them were basically the same (V37 Q35 and V28 Q43 respectively). Should I try GRE this time instead? 1 month might be too short for me to prepare for GRE.
I'm leaning more towards improving GMAT but at the same time don't want to spend more money on the GMAT because I've taken it more than 3 times within 3 months.
I'm also taking the CS50 course as mentioned in the optional essay.
Could someone please help me?

The only advice I can give you is that based on your verbal scores, you'll probably struggle with the GRE.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Send PM
Hi everyone. What is the average scholarship % for those who got in? Is it my idea or Georgetown did not really give much scholarship out? Does anyone know if this is normal from this school? Any input is appreciated
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
meme2019 wrote:
Hi everyone. What is the average scholarship % for those who got in? Is it my idea or Georgetown did not really give much scholarship out? Does anyone know if this is normal from this school? Any input is appreciated

It's weird because in their webinars they would say that usually 50% of admitted students receive some scholarship award, even if it is minimal. But I have only seen 2 people on ClearAdmit's Livewire say they received something.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Send PM
AhmedAl14 wrote:
meme2019 wrote:

It's weird because in their webinars they would say that usually 50% of admitted students receive some scholarship award, even if it is minimal. But I have only seen 2 people on ClearAdmit's Livewire say they received something.

Interesting despite the fact they are on the higher end ticket price for being on the top 20. I was expecting a scholarship as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students yet? if so, please link :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Hello everyone,
I am preparing for my interview these past days and I was wondering if anyone would have any general specific tips for Georgetown interview process?
Thank you in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VictorGuima wrote:
Hello everyone,
I am preparing for my interview these past days and I was wondering if anyone would have any general specific tips for Georgetown interview process?
Thank you in advance!

Hey, congrats on getting an interview! The interview debriefs on here are very accurate - I used them to prepare for mine
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
VictorGuima wrote:
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance!

VictorGuima

Go through some of the latest McDonough interview experiences in the following link

https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-20 ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GRE 1: Q152 V159
Send PM
Kudos
VictorGuima wrote:
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance!

Congrats on the interview! When did you apply? I'm slightly concerned because I had an informational interview from a student referral the wk before last and I believe they said I would hear from them next (in this case last) wk about an interview. Hope that doesn't mean ding.

I submitted before deadline, but they needed additional info so it was 'completed' on 3/26 or so.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
workout wrote:
VictorGuima wrote:
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance!

VictorGuima

Go through some of the latest McDonough interview experiences in the following link

Thank you!!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
emtee106 wrote:
VictorGuima wrote:
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance!

Congrats on the interview! When did you apply? I'm slightly concerned because I had an informational interview from a student referral the wk before last and I believe they said I would hear from them next (in this case last) wk about an interview. Hope that doesn't mean ding.

I submitted before deadline, but they needed additional info so it was 'completed' on 3/26 or so.

Submitted on 3/26 and received the interview request last Friday. I tought it was very fast the process of reading my application! I would not lose hope!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
AhmedAl14 wrote:
VictorGuima wrote:
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance!

Hey, congrats on getting an interview! The interview debriefs on here are very accurate - I used them to prepare for mine

Thank you! I just preped for 2 days and I already feeling more confident! Great debriefs, next friday I will do mine!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
VictorGuima wrote:
emtee106 wrote:
VictorGuima wrote:
Hello everyone,
Thank you in advance!

Submitted on 3/26 and received the interview request last Friday. I tought it was very fast the process of reading my application! I would not lose hope!

Ah, I hope I hear soon. Good luck! Where are you looking to go?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
VictorGuima wrote:

Thank you! I just preped for 2 days and I already feeling more confident! Great debriefs, next friday I will do mine!

VictorGuima

Sounds great. Good luck. Once you are done with your interview, you can add your interview experience by going to the following link and then clicking on "Add my interview debrief"

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone done the informational interview from Refer-a-Hoya?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
A new McDonough Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/mcdonough-207/interview_debrief.html#debrief-1295
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts