Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 21:37 It is currently 11 May 2024, 21:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling all Melbourne MBA Applicants: August 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
woodid01 wrote:
Thanks for the tips. How long do you have to accept from the date of offer?

I got about 4 weeks to decide. Just a tip - when they say last date is xxxx, it means that they should have received your admission decision 'along' with the enrolment fee credited to their account. Why I mention this specifically - it takes about 3-4 days for the amount to get credited to their accounts so you should effectively try avoiding holding out on your decision till the last day.

Having said that, you can always ask for a 1 week extension. I asked for it and got it as well without any problems ;)

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
woodid01 wrote:
Thanks for the tips. How long do you have to accept from the date of offer?

Thanks. I understand that you have already been shortlisted. Is the email confirming that sent today?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Received short-listed email today stating the dates of the interview process and set to receive a further email on Monday which the individual details.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.34
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
I had my interview over Skype last week and it was very conversational. Similar to what was described by blacksavenger.

Has anyone gotten any other updates?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had mine 2 weeks ago and had a similar experience. I'm not expecting anything before March 18. They've been pretty spot on with the schedule.

I was surprised at the initial number of available interview slots (8-10 or so days + 2-3 slots per day). Seemed like quite a few interviews!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hello
I have applied in R4 and expecting a reply by 21st April. My profile is as below:

Work Ex : 2.5 years at TCS
Promoted twice, given great letter of recommendations from clients VP , company directors, and the youngest lead in the entire program [other leads have atleast 6-7 years of work ex].
GMAT : 680
GPA : 7.1/10
Additionals : Working with multiple NGO's
Extra Curriculum's: Several sports and trained dancer

Though I know my gmat is just meeting the average, will my strong work profile help ? Can i expect a call from MBS or is it a long shot ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ahhh the wait is killing me. I know it's only a matter of hours but still. How are you guys holding up?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.73
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
TowableAphid wrote:
Ahhh the wait is killing me. I know it's only a matter of hours but still. How are you guys holding up?

I received an email yesterday from MBS asking few more questions about my post graduation career aspirations . Then I received the Rupert Murdoch Fellowship application invitation. They said they'll release the application outcome right on March 18th.
No worries, the outcome is coming.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
Got accepted today with a fairly significant scholarship. Hopefully it went well for everyone else!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.73
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Just got an offer with $50,000 scholarship. Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admitted with 50K. Congrats to all admitted.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have an admit, I obviously won't be attending, just want to warn candidates and potential admits how pathetic the school and the board is, the school representatives and even board members have deliberately misrepresented information (i.e. plain-arse lied to my face) had to send a stinker of an email highlighting their violation of any ethics code that they might be teaching (rather preaching) in school and marked the dean in that email only then did I get any response.

I was unfortunately prior to the aforementioned incidence considering this as a safety school despite the pathetic outlook for candidates who aren't natives/already have a PR and the general nature of the job market in Australia (people prefer candidates with work ex and not with a degree), but thankfully the nasty experience with the school authorities reminded me of how bad a sham it was.

Do yourself a favor apply to AGSM or virtually any other school across the world, this ain't worth the money.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Perhaps a more constructive post would elaborate on the misrepresented information.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
woodid01 wrote:
Perhaps a more constructive post would elaborate on the misrepresented information.

I have a 16 mail long thread which systematically shows misrepresentation from their Admissions Consultant: A.Reaney-Ludowyk@mbs.edu and a board member: L.Bell@mbs.edu

Since the event itself as mentioned is quite long to elaborate i didn't want to waste my time and energy on it especially since I couldn't care any less about the school, just wanted to give a heads up to any potential admits.

If you want I can forward you the entire thread, you can analyze it in your own free time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
apoorvswarup wrote:
Have an admit, I obviously won't be attending, just want to warn candidates and potential admits how pathetic the school and the board is, the school representatives and even board members have deliberately misrepresented information (i.e. plain-arse lied to my face) had to send a stinker of an email highlighting their violation of any ethics code that they might be teaching (rather preaching) in school and marked the dean in that email only then did I get any response.

I was unfortunately prior to the aforementioned incidence considering this as a safety school despite the pathetic outlook for candidates who aren't natives/already have a PR and the general nature of the job market in Australia (people prefer candidates with work ex and not with a degree), but thankfully the nasty experience with the school authorities reminded me of how bad a sham it was.

Do yourself a favor apply to AGSM or virtually any other school across the world, this ain't worth the money.

Mate if you're going to slam the school this badly you better come up with solid reasons.
Very curious to hear your opinion on how AGSM would be any better in terms of job market considering it's the same country.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have already mentioned the names of the individuals who committed the misrepresentation in an earlier message. I don't want to waste my time and energy elaborating on the incident here especially since I won't be attending and nor care about the school, if you want I can share the thread with you. My message was to serve as a heads up especially to a lot of non-native/Indian applicants who do apply to the school

As far as recommending agsm is concerned, the reason why I mentioned that school is that I don't expect them unlike the people at mbs to lie to my face.

As far as job opportunities are concerned the nature would remain the same and if you are a native both schools would be good but there is definitely more advantage of attending agsm if you are a non-native since the school is better known internationally.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
apoorvswarup wrote:
I have already mentioned the names of the individuals who committed the misrepresentation in an earlier message. I don't want to waste my time and energy elaborating on the incident here especially since I won't be attending and nor care about the school, if you want I can share the thread with you. My message was to serve as a heads up especially to a lot of non-native/Indian applicants who do apply to the school

As far as recommending agsm is concerned, the reason why I mentioned that school is that I don't expect them unlike the people at mbs to lie to my face.

As far as job opportunities are concerned the nature would remain the same and if you are a native both schools would be good but there is definitely more advantage of attending agsm if you are a non-native since the school is better known internationally.

Posted from my mobile device

Alright mate, I'll bite. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address, would love to see what this is all about.
I mean, right now it could be anything from misspelling someone's middle name to existence of a secret society...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts