GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Nov 2018, 10:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Steps to a 5 Star Recommendation

November 14, 2018

November 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

Nov. 14, 9 AM PST. Donna Bauman, Senior MBA Admissions Counselor and Lisa Cummings, MBA Admissions Counselor at Stratus have read tens of THOUSANDS of MBA recommendations during their time on top MBA admissions committees.
  • MBA Interview Prep: How to Ace Your Interviews

November 15, 2018

November 15, 2018

10:00 PM MST

11:00 PM MST

Learn the steps you need to take to ace your interviews and get accepted!

Calling all Melbourne MBA Applicants: August 2016 Intake!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Melbourne MBA Applicants: August 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 01:06
ktchavali wrote:
blacksavenger wrote:
woodid01 wrote:
What scholarship did they offer? I've submitted in the most recent round of applications.

It depends on what round you apply in, their scholarships (aside from merit based ones) are dependent on rounds. I was awarded the diversity excellence scholarship, but there was no separate application for it, they consider you automatically for all available scholarships.

Congrats on your admit and scholarship, Are you accepting the admission? Also I have submitted my app for Jan 15th Deadline. Any tips? :)

Thank you! Yes, I think I will.. I rather like the idea of working in Australia.
I had an audio interview over Skype, not a video one like I expected.
I would tell you what everyone says - know your story, why you want an MBA, why Melbourne, why your goals are what they are. I think if you know the answers to these well, confidence will come naturally.
I was also asked what I think my strengths are, and if I had any questions for the interviewer.
The interviewer was friendly, and personally, I quite enjoyed it.
Good luck to you!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 01:15
blacksavenger wrote:
ktchavali wrote:
blacksavenger wrote:

Thank you! Yes, I think I will.. I rather like the idea of working in Australia.
I had an audio interview over Skype, not a video one like I expected.
I would tell you what everyone says - know your story, why you want an MBA, why Melbourne, why your goals are what they are. I think if you know the answers to these well, confidence will come naturally.
I was also asked what I think my strengths are, and if I had any questions for the interviewer.
The interviewer was friendly, and personally, I quite enjoyed it.
Good luck to you!

Thank you so much for your detailed inputs. I will prepare on these lines and fingers crossed. Keep us updated with your final decision. Thanks again :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Calling all Melbourne MBA Applicants: August 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 08:00
Thanks for the tips. How long do you have to accept from the date of offer?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2016, 09:35
woodid01 wrote:

I got about 4 weeks to decide. Just a tip - when they say last date is xxxx, it means that they should have received your admission decision 'along' with the enrolment fee credited to their account. Why I mention this specifically - it takes about 3-4 days for the amount to get credited to their accounts so you should effectively try avoiding holding out on your decision till the last day.

Having said that, you can always ask for a 1 week extension. I asked for it and got it as well without any problems ;)

Cheers
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2016, 20:12
woodid01 wrote:

Thanks. I understand that you have already been shortlisted. Is the email confirming that sent today?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2016, 06:12
Received short-listed email today stating the dates of the interview process and set to receive a further email on Monday which the individual details.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.34
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2016, 12:03
I had my interview over Skype last week and it was very conversational. Similar to what was described by blacksavenger.

Has anyone gotten any other updates?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2016, 04:49
I had mine 2 weeks ago and had a similar experience. I'm not expecting anything before March 18. They've been pretty spot on with the schedule.

I was surprised at the initial number of available interview slots (8-10 or so days + 2-3 slots per day). Seemed like quite a few interviews!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2016, 22:48
Hello
I have applied in R4 and expecting a reply by 21st April. My profile is as below:

Work Ex : 2.5 years at TCS
Promoted twice, given great letter of recommendations from clients VP , company directors, and the youngest lead in the entire program [other leads have atleast 6-7 years of work ex].
GMAT : 680
GPA : 7.1/10
Additionals : Working with multiple NGO's
Extra Curriculum's: Several sports and trained dancer

Though I know my gmat is just meeting the average, will my strong work profile help ? Can i expect a call from MBS or is it a long shot ?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 07:40
Ahhh the wait is killing me. I know it's only a matter of hours but still. How are you guys holding up?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.73
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Calling all Melbourne MBA Applicants: August 2016 Intake!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 08:26
TowableAphid wrote:
Ahhh the wait is killing me. I know it's only a matter of hours but still. How are you guys holding up?

I received an email yesterday from MBS asking few more questions about my post graduation career aspirations . Then I received the Rupert Murdoch Fellowship application invitation. They said they'll release the application outcome right on March 18th.
No worries, the outcome is coming.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Retail)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 16:23
Got accepted today with a fairly significant scholarship. Hopefully it went well for everyone else!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.73
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 16:32
Just got an offer with $50,000 scholarship. Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2016, 20:02
Admitted with 50K. Congrats to all admitted.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 06:38
Have an admit, I obviously won't be attending, just want to warn candidates and potential admits how pathetic the school and the board is, the school representatives and even board members have deliberately misrepresented information (i.e. plain-arse lied to my face) had to send a stinker of an email highlighting their violation of any ethics code that they might be teaching (rather preaching) in school and marked the dean in that email only then did I get any response.

I was unfortunately prior to the aforementioned incidence considering this as a safety school despite the pathetic outlook for candidates who aren't natives/already have a PR and the general nature of the job market in Australia (people prefer candidates with work ex and not with a degree), but thankfully the nasty experience with the school authorities reminded me of how bad a sham it was.

Do yourself a favor apply to AGSM or virtually any other school across the world, this ain't worth the money.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 06:57
Perhaps a more constructive post would elaborate on the misrepresented information.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 07:09
woodid01 wrote:
Perhaps a more constructive post would elaborate on the misrepresented information.

I have a 16 mail long thread which systematically shows misrepresentation from their Admissions Consultant: A.Reaney-Ludowyk@mbs.edu and a board member: L.Bell@mbs.edu

Since the event itself as mentioned is quite long to elaborate i didn't want to waste my time and energy on it especially since I couldn't care any less about the school, just wanted to give a heads up to any potential admits.

If you want I can forward you the entire thread, you can analyze it in your own free time.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 13:34
apoorvswarup wrote:
Have an admit, I obviously won't be attending, just want to warn candidates and potential admits how pathetic the school and the board is, the school representatives and even board members have deliberately misrepresented information (i.e. plain-arse lied to my face) had to send a stinker of an email highlighting their violation of any ethics code that they might be teaching (rather preaching) in school and marked the dean in that email only then did I get any response.

I was unfortunately prior to the aforementioned incidence considering this as a safety school despite the pathetic outlook for candidates who aren't natives/already have a PR and the general nature of the job market in Australia (people prefer candidates with work ex and not with a degree), but thankfully the nasty experience with the school authorities reminded me of how bad a sham it was.

Do yourself a favor apply to AGSM or virtually any other school across the world, this ain't worth the money.

Mate if you're going to slam the school this badly you better come up with solid reasons.
Very curious to hear your opinion on how AGSM would be any better in terms of job market considering it's the same country.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 20:32
I have already mentioned the names of the individuals who committed the misrepresentation in an earlier message. I don't want to waste my time and energy elaborating on the incident here especially since I won't be attending and nor care about the school, if you want I can share the thread with you. My message was to serve as a heads up especially to a lot of non-native/Indian applicants who do apply to the school

As far as recommending agsm is concerned, the reason why I mentioned that school is that I don't expect them unlike the people at mbs to lie to my face.

As far as job opportunities are concerned the nature would remain the same and if you are a native both schools would be good but there is definitely more advantage of attending agsm if you are a non-native since the school is better known internationally.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2016, 22:07
apoorvswarup wrote:
I have already mentioned the names of the individuals who committed the misrepresentation in an earlier message. I don't want to waste my time and energy elaborating on the incident here especially since I won't be attending and nor care about the school, if you want I can share the thread with you. My message was to serve as a heads up especially to a lot of non-native/Indian applicants who do apply to the school

As far as recommending agsm is concerned, the reason why I mentioned that school is that I don't expect them unlike the people at mbs to lie to my face.

As far as job opportunities are concerned the nature would remain the same and if you are a native both schools would be good but there is definitely more advantage of attending agsm if you are a non-native since the school is better known internationally.

Posted from my mobile device

Alright mate, I'll bite. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address, would love to see what this is all about.
I mean, right now it could be anything from misspelling someone's middle name to existence of a secret society...
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Melbourne MBA Applicants: August 2016 Intake!! &nbs [#permalink] 12 Apr 2016, 22:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 42 posts ] 

Calling all Melbourne MBA Applicants: August 2016 Intake!!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap