Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:54 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Sloan R1 (admitted), HBS R2 (ding), Stanford R2, Wharton R2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fall 2011 Applicants! [#permalink]
sexonthebeach150 wrote:
Called the Admissions Office, and they said you interviewer will be calling you, and some may start calling early but that Monday is the official decision date, and an email will be sent when your decision is available.

This is particularly tough for me because I have a full scholarship offer from Johnson that expires on Friday, and I won't know from Sloan by then (99.9% sure I won't). Anyone with any words of advice, please feel free to share. Thanks.

That's a tough situation. The first thing I'd do is ask Johnson for an extension since you've got nothing to lose in that situation. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you one since all you're asking for is one additional work day.

Did you explain your situation to Sloan admissions when you called or did you just ask generally when the decisions would be made?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools:Foster, Sloan (WL w/int.), Kellogg, Anderson
Send PM
mysamgmatclub wrote:
Hey folks, as we're waiting lets try to get the roll call more accurate for the sake of applicants in the upcoming years. I noticed few people posting R1 related messages but not on the R1 list. RodgerDodger, do you agree?

Hey mysamgmatclub,

I very much appreciate your effort to keep the roll call updated/accurate. However, way back in early December or so, before invites rolled out (seems like ages, right?), I announced that I would be closing the R1 roll call--for the purpose of tracking GMAT Club member admissions results at MIT Sloan without being skewed by "lurker 1st time posts" of positive news (invite or admit). As I mentioned then, this is nothing against lurkers and I highly encourage folks joining the conversation to please announce their status--but to your point about keeping things accurate, if I added each late lurker, the R1 stats on page 1 will not be a completely realistic representation of admissions results for our small sample size (set at 115). I hope you, and other R1 folks, understand what I'm trying to accomplish here. I'll be doing the same (or if I get a ding, asking a lucky R1 admit to do the same :o) for R2 roll call a few weeks from now.

After decision day, I'll collect all R1 admits (including folks not on the roll call) and record their usernames on page 1, so we have an overall idea of how many members received admits in R1.

I hope that makes sense. Good luck everyone!

- RD
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaapp07 wrote:
sexonthebeach150 wrote:
Called the Admissions Office, and they said you interviewer will be calling you, and some may start calling early but that Monday is the official decision date, and an email will be sent when your decision is available.

This is particularly tough for me because I have a full scholarship offer from Johnson that expires on Friday, and I won't know from Sloan by then (99.9% sure I won't). Anyone with any words of advice, please feel free to share. Thanks.

That's a tough situation. The first thing I'd do is ask Johnson for an extension since you've got nothing to lose in that situation. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave you one since all you're asking for is one additional work day.

Did you explain your situation to Sloan admissions when you called or did you just ask generally when the decisions would be made?

i asked generically when i called sloan. they have something on their site about not asking for early decisions so i didn't want to push it, especially if i was going to attach my name to the request.

on johnson - i don't believe they would extend it. i might ask one of the assistants, but i am 99% sure that they won't because they told us the terms of when we'd have to deposit by, before we went for the final selection weekend there for the full fellowship.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
mysamgmatclub wrote:
Hey folks, as we're waiting lets try to get the roll call more accurate for the sake of applicants in the upcoming years. I noticed few people posting R1 related messages but not on the R1 list. RodgerDodger, do you agree?

Hey mysamgmatclub,

I very much appreciate your effort to keep the roll call updated/accurate. However, way back in early December or so, before invites rolled out (seems like ages, right?), I announced that I would be closing the R1 roll call--for the purpose of tracking GMAT Club member admissions results at MIT Sloan without being skewed by "lurker 1st time posts" of positive news (invite or admit). As I mentioned then, this is nothing against lurkers and I highly encourage folks joining the conversation to please announce their status--but to your point about keeping things accurate, if I added each late lurker, the R1 stats on page 1 will not be a completely realistic representation of admissions results for our small sample size (set at 115). I hope you, and other R1 folks, understand what I'm trying to accomplish here. I'll be doing the same (or if I get a ding, asking a lucky R1 admit to do the same :o) for R2 roll call a few weeks from now.

After decision day, I'll collect all R1 admits (including folks not on the roll call) and record their usernames on page 1, so we have an overall idea of how many members received admits in R1.

- RD

I am on the initial RD 1 list. Just never updated my interview status.
Current Student
Send PM
mbaapp07 wrote:
sexonthebeach150 wrote:

Very tough situation indeed. I definitely agree with mbaapp07 -- ask Johnson for a short extension. The worst they can say is no.

On the Sloan side of things, I wonder if you could make a plea and ask for your decision a few days early? Their answer will probably be no, and my assumption would be it's not worth asking (risk of looking like you deserve special treatment) UNLESS you know of someone who has been in the same situation and was able to receive their decision a couple days early. Good luck, and congrats on your full ride to Cornell! That's gotta feel nice!
Current Student
Send PM
SavantNoir wrote:

Ah, gotchya. I'll update you right now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
mysamgmatclub wrote:

Hey mysamgmatclub,

- RD

Got you RodgerDodger! You might have guessed it - I was just trying to find something to keep my mind off of the brutal wait :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
mysamgmatclub wrote:
RogerDodger wrote:
mysamgmatclub wrote:

Hey mysamgmatclub,

- RD

Got you RodgerDodger! You might have guessed it - I was just trying to find something to keep my mind off of the brutal wait :lol:

Why don't you just add us to a separate section on the front page and not calculate us into the yield? Seems silly to leave people off who might want to be part of the Sloan admit community just because they didn't register back in November.

Full disclosure: I'm a lurker, 1st time poster, interviewed first week in January :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
@Jumbulaya

I agree with RogerDodger. If he adds us to the list, it will skew the % interviewed and % admitted statistics since only interviewees would be added. Most of the lurkers who were dinged have left this thread. Just because we're not in the official Sloan statistics of this thread doesn't mean we're not part of the community.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
SavantNoir wrote:

Ah, gotchya. I'll update you right now.

Thanks RogerDodger
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
jumbalaya112 wrote:
Why don't you just add us to a separate section on the front page and not calculate us into the yield? Seems silly to leave people off who might want to be part of the Sloan admit community just because they didn't register back in November.

Full disclosure: I'm a lurker, 1st time poster, interviewed first week in January :)

Agreed - like I said, I'll collect the names of ALL R1 admits after decisions are released... I imagine only admits (and not dinged folks) would want to "be part of the Sloan admit community" on GMAT club.

Quote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
RogerDodger wrote:
mbaapp07 wrote:
sexonthebeach150 wrote:

Very tough situation indeed. I definitely agree with mbaapp07 -- ask Johnson for a short extension. The worst they can say is no.

On the Sloan side of things, I wonder if you could make a plea and ask for your decision a few days early? Their answer will probably be no, and my assumption would be it's not worth asking (risk of looking like you deserve special treatment) UNLESS you know of someone who has been in the same situation and was able to receive their decision a couple days early. Good luck, and congrats on your full ride to Cornell! That's gotta feel nice!

thank you. i'm going to ask them for a one-day extension and see how it plays out.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:MIT R2
 Q51  V44
GPA: 3.0
WE 1: Start-up Founder 2 yrs (Hyperlocal classifieds)
Send PM
Hey guys, been lurking for a few weeks. Submitted my app for Rd 2 at 4:57 pm on January 7 while my boss was giving me project details. Unfortunately, caught 2 typos after submitting, but it's all good, count me in for Round 2!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Tensely waiting here,
Will Six One Seven Call me?
Decisions draws near.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
In for R2
Intern
Intern
Send PM
does anyone know when R2 invites will start?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
mysamgmatclub wrote:
dalillama wrote:
mysamgmatclub wrote:
RodgerDodger is the thread master, he would probably update the roll call when he sees our messages, so far we have
(R1 roll call update - please add):

ypup05 (Invited 12/20)
SavantNoir (Invited 12/xx)
mbaapp07 (Invited 12/21)

Any other gmatclub folks out there applied to R1?

Me! Got interview invite on 12/21.

I'm R1 and got interviewed Jan 4th

Thanks dalillama, I edited the list in my previous post.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  80   81   82   83   84  ...  108   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts