GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Sep 2018, 22:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Waitlisted
03 Dec, 2017
Private, GMAT: 720, Q48, V41; GPA: 3.3; WE: 144 months; India; via Email
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 22:15
Guys/Gals, thanks for the support system here , I have gone through many of the profiles and the cohort is well and truly outstanding , Country heads , VPs for Fortune 500 companies, Entrepreneurs etc , wow !

Humbled being part of the class , see all of you in the class ,
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 23:16
ollumi wrote:
Didn't get a call but grateful to get the acceptance email. Now I'll have a difficult decision to make.

congratulations... well done.. big things come out of big decisions...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 23:24
To those who are in the waitlist, it is good that the admission team want you, otherwise they would've sent a rejection letter. As for now, the registered admitted students is 111, but as the experience tells some of them will not matriculate. So, still there is a chance for getting in. As far as I understand, the yield rate for this program is somewhere between 75 to 85%... keep optimistic.. wish you all the best...

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 23:52
Any1 has got an reject after interview? PL let us know

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2018, 23:55
Hi, can you please specify what do you mean by liberal with wait list.

Thank you..
Ash2018 wrote:
I am also in waitlist guys. Congrats to those who made it on confirmed list .

I am based in Europe . I have been to MIT Sloan as they invited me for Ambassador program . I heard that they use wait list liberally .

Cheers

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 00:10
I am a bit confused here. we already have 111 registered admitted students? and there is round 3 still to go... so not sure if waitlist stands a chance. I am losing hope :(

SloanFellow19 wrote:
To those who are in the waitlist, it is good that the admission team want you, otherwise they would've sent a rejection letter. As for now, the registered admitted students is 111, but as the experience tells some of them will not matriculate. So, still there is a chance for getting in. As far as I understand, the yield rate for this program is somewhere between 75 to 85%... keep optimistic.. wish you all the best...

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 04:07
sloanaspirant2018 wrote:
I am a bit confused here. we already have 111 registered admitted students? and there is round 3 still to go... so not sure if waitlist stands a chance. I am losing hope :(

SloanFellow19 wrote:

Not all the admitted students will ultimately enroll. The yield rate is around 80%, meaning that out of those 111, the final enrolled number will be around 88 or so. The remaning needed students to complete the 110 class is mix of round 3 and the waitlist. So, unless you clearly receive the rejection letter, your chances of getting in still alive.. I know the pain of extending the waiting time, but this is normal among all top business schools in almost all selective programs...
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 04:26
I can't recall or easily find information on class size - is it 110? Thanks...
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 06:18
Erjan_S wrote:

http://mitsloan.mit.edu/fellows/mit-slo ... s-of-2018/

this is the current class..

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 07:18
ollumi wrote:
Didn't get a call but grateful to get the acceptance email. Now I'll have a difficult decision to make.

congrats! well deserved!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 22:27
Just curious... what is the source of '111' number?

SloanFellow19 wrote:
sloanaspirant2018 wrote:

SloanFellow19 wrote:

Not all the admitted students will ultimately enroll. The yield rate is around 80%, meaning that out of those 111, the final enrolled number will be around 88 or so. The remaning needed students to complete the 110 class is mix of round 3 and the waitlist. So, unless you clearly receive the rejection letter, your chances of getting in still alive.. I know the pain of extending the waiting time, but this is normal among all top business schools in almost all selective programs...
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2018, 22:59
There is an admit website which has the profiles of all the people who got in , it has all stats
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 07:48
sloanaspirant wrote:
There is an admit website which has the profiles of all the people who got in , it has all stats

Can you share how many people per region of the world? =)

Do us a service here! Thanks mate!
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2018, 17:53
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:

Congrats on the admit! I am curious SloanFellow, in the case of being accepted to both MITSF and SMSX, why did you choose SF? I applied to both, and have not been accepted, but if I was, at this point, I would not know what to do... comments?
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2018, 06:37
AbhuD wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:

Congrats on the admit! I am curious SloanFellow, in the case of being accepted to both MITSF and SMSX, why did you choose SF? I applied to both, and have not been accepted, but if I was, at this point, I would not know what to do... comments?

Hello,

I'm sorry fr the outcomes, be optimistic, don't regret anything, the future is always full of good surprises, for the past five years, Sloan Fellows is the 9th program that I have applied for, I was rejected by 5 and accepted for 4. So, a rejection by a particular program isn't the end of the story, in most cases it is the real enjoyable start ! If you are keen to this program in particular, well the good news is that you can apply for the first round in Sep, it is one year program targeting the mid career folks, so the time isn't limited as for the traditional two year MBAs for early career people. Age range for Sloan Fellows is pretty wide, from early 30s to early 50s! with average around 38.

For me on why I have selected the MIT Sloan Fellows, this is the post that I shared earlier in this forum:
"
1- First and foremost: Stanford MSx awards one degree of MS in Management, while in MIT you will have the options of MBA, MS in Management, or MS in Management of Technology.
2- From curriculum side: both programs are similar; core courses + electives, if you choose MS in MIT you will need to develop a thesis.
3- The sloan fellow program was initiated 87 years ago, by the MIT alumnus Alfred Sloan, the late CEO of GM, to develop the "Ideal manager". The idea was to pick the good, mid career, and experienced engineers and equip them with strong management training to produce a well rounded managers. That was in 1931. So, MIT is the birthplace of this terrific program. In fact, the MIT Sloan Fellow is the world's first university-based degree awarding program for mid career professionals. Later in 50s and 60s it was extended to Stanford and London Business School.
4- At both schools, MIT and Stanford, you will get the world class management training. It is all about your career goals.

5- I have visited both schools, and decided to go for MIT for varity of reasons:

a) I wanted an MBA.
b) I am an engineer by training and profession, and it is so hard to convince an engineer that there is a better place than MIT ;)
c) Most of the Sloan Fellow alumni in my country are from MIT Sloan.
d) The curriculum of MIT Sloan Fellow is more flexible and offers wider range of electives and cross registration with Harvard.
e) You feel there is a difference between the MBA and MSx folks in Stanford, while the atmosphere and engagement are much more warm and intimate in MIT Sloan.
f) Brand: Stanford is undoubtedly one of the greatest universities in the world, however, there is something unique about the MIT brand, everywhere in the world there is a strong association
between certain universities and field of knowledge, for example, University of Cambridge and mathematics, Chicago and economics, ..etc. MIT is known for engineering and technology, and
its brand in this area is unmatched.
g) I like the east coats business culture, and I feel the region is the mecca of today's global business, many global corporations, consulting, banks are all there.
h) MIT is strong in almost all engineering and technology disciplines, while in Stanford you get the feeling that it concentrates in Computer science and related activities.
i) Entrepreneurial thinking: as we know, entrepreneurial paths can be broadly classified into two: start ups, and corporate entrepreneurship. I got the feeling (I might be wrong in this) that in MIT Sloan you cover the both, while in Stanford it seems leaning more to start ups...

6- Location and weather are in favor of Stanford although there are many would prefer going through four seasons..
"

All in all, you will never go wrong with any of them..both a world class programs, superb brands and network.. just go with the one that suits you best..

I wish you the best of the best professionally and personally... keep up the spirit high, in waves, it is always the up that follows the downs !
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 01:47
Sloan Fellow 19, great post, well deserved congrats!
By the way, I noticed that MSx is 11 months and MIT Sloan is 12, curious how they managed to squeeze it below 1 year at Standford.
Are you going alone or with a family? It is interesting that at Stanford MSx they provide a cost estimate at the site - living allowance for married couple on dormitory is 70 K USD and 107 K out of campus! Extra 36 K USD, if 3 kids are brought. Curious, if living costs in Cambridge any more moderate.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 04:32
Erjan_S wrote:
Sloan Fellow 19, great post, well deserved congrats!
By the way, I noticed that MSx is 11 months and MIT Sloan is 12, curious how they managed to squeeze it below 1 year at Standford.
Are you going alone or with a family? It is interesting that at Stanford MSx they provide a cost estimate at the site - living allowance for married couple on dormitory is 70 K USD and 107 K out of campus! Extra 36 K USD, if 3 kids are brought. Curious, if living costs in Cambridge any more moderate.

Hello Erjan,

I think the MSx program is almost one year, few days isn't that much. at MIT there is the IAP during the Jan, where there will be no classes, so practically and in term of real hours of study, they are quite similar. I believe Stanford MSx was even less than that years ago, it was 10 months or so!!

In term of cost: For MIT Sloan Fellows, the estimated cost for single student is $182K, for couples (I'm not sure) , it is near $200K, and add 6k for each kid.
It is costly for both programs, both Cambridge and Stanford are insanely expensive for living..
I am going alone..
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q165 V158

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 07:05
Just applied today!!! Fingers crossed!!! :)
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 07:14
SAFSG wrote:
Just applied today!!! Fingers crossed!!! :)

Good luck... did they extend the deadline?

Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! &nbs [#permalink] 18 Feb 2018, 07:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  32    Next  [ 622 posts ] 

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap