GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 02:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 139
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 11:04
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:
Sloan Fellow 19, great post, well deserved congrats!
By the way, I noticed that MSx is 11 months and MIT Sloan is 12, curious how they managed to squeeze it below 1 year at Standford.
Are you going alone or with a family? It is interesting that at Stanford MSx they provide a cost estimate at the site - living allowance for married couple on dormitory is 70 K USD and 107 K out of campus! Extra 36 K USD, if 3 kids are brought. Curious, if living costs in Cambridge any more moderate.


Hello Erjan,

I think the MSx program is almost one year, few days isn't that much. at MIT there is the IAP during the Jan, where there will be no classes, so practically and in term of real hours of study, they are quite similar. I believe Stanford MSx was even less than that years ago, it was 10 months or so!!

In term of cost: For MIT Sloan Fellows, the estimated cost for single student is $182K, for couples (I'm not sure) , it is near $200K, and add 6k for each kid.
It is costly for both programs, both Cambridge and Stanford are insanely expensive for living..
I am going alone..

Thanks, helpful information.
By the way, did you ever consider LBS Strategy and Leadership (Sloan) Master program? I am just curious why the LBS Sloan tuition is only 69500 GPB or roughly 9700 USD, which is 35 000 USD cheaper than MIT Sloan?
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Oct 2017
Posts: 124
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 11:19
Guys,

The following is an interview with the great former Director of MIT Sloan Fellows, Stephen Sacca, who himself a graduate of the program. It is rich of information and tips...

http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/58291/aud ... _Sacca.mp3

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Oct 2017
Posts: 124
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 11:29
Erjan_S wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
Erjan_S wrote:
Sloan Fellow 19, great post, well deserved congrats!
By the way, I noticed that MSx is 11 months and MIT Sloan is 12, curious how they managed to squeeze it below 1 year at Standford.
Are you going alone or with a family? It is interesting that at Stanford MSx they provide a cost estimate at the site - living allowance for married couple on dormitory is 70 K USD and 107 K out of campus! Extra 36 K USD, if 3 kids are brought. Curious, if living costs in Cambridge any more moderate.


Hello Erjan,

I think the MSx program is almost one year, few days isn't that much. at MIT there is the IAP during the Jan, where there will be no classes, so practically and in term of real hours of study, they are quite similar. I believe Stanford MSx was even less than that years ago, it was 10 months or so!!

In term of cost: For MIT Sloan Fellows, the estimated cost for single student is $182K, for couples (I'm not sure) , it is near $200K, and add 6k for each kid.
It is costly for both programs, both Cambridge and Stanford are insanely expensive for living..
I am going alone..

Thanks, helpful information.
By the way, did you ever consider LBS Strategy and Leadership (Sloan) Master program? I am just curious why the LBS Sloan tuition is only 69500 GPB or roughly 9700 USD, which is 35 000 USD cheaper than MIT Sloan?


No, I didn't. Sloan Fellows was born in MIT by MIT alumnus, The business school of MIT is named after him, and realistically MIT is much better brand, network, and education.. MIT offers an MBA, London doesn't.. and the MBA is mostly done once in life , I prefer to do it as good and best as possible ..

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Location: Singapore
GRE 1: Q165 V158
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2018, 22:57
1
SloanFellow19 wrote:
SAFSG wrote:
Just applied today!!! Fingers crossed!!! :)

Good luck... did they extend the deadline?

Posted from my mobile device


Yes, by a week! Thank god! Otherwise I would have missed my chance. I was too busy last Monday.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2017
Posts: 35
Location: Armenia
GPA: 3.45
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 07:17
SAFSG wrote:
SloanFellow19 wrote:
SAFSG wrote:
Just applied today!!! Fingers crossed!!! :)

Good luck... did they extend the deadline?

Posted from my mobile device


Yes, by a week! Thank god! Otherwise I would have missed my chance. I was too busy last Monday.



This I don't understand! I thought it was said in this forum that they were already 111 Admits, with a yield of about 80%; also, it seems the waitlist is substantial, and yet, they extend the deadline by a week! What are your thoughts on this? :roll:
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 05 Dec 2017
Posts: 89
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2018, 07:28
1
They probably are looking for the best applicants available in the market

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 22
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 05:06
I am still curious. Did anyone get a reject letter in R2? It seems all are wait listed.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 139
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 05:09
I believe I have seen some rejections here in the tread some time ago

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2013
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2018, 18:27
I think sloanaspirant2018 meant " rejection after interview".
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Posts: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2018, 01:44
gingin605 wrote:
I think sloanaspirant2018 meant " rejection after interview".



Yes, i also had the same observation.. Didnt see any rejection after interview.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 10:48
Hi Joe,
May I know the number of admitted Fellows for now? Is the number still 25? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 05 Dec 2017
Posts: 89
Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V27
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 11:02
111

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Oct 2017
Posts: 124
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 13:25
sloanaspirant wrote:
111

Posted from my mobile device


Just checked the website, it is 110 now.
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Oct 2017
Posts: 124
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2018, 13:26
fourleaf wrote:
Hi Joe,
May I know the number of admitted Fellows for now? Is the number still 25? Thanks!

Hello, it is 110 now..
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Posts: 71
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 01:20
Thanks, Joe. It seems most seats are occupied already. Good luck to those on the waiting list.

BTW, which website you can see that number? I cannot find anything like that among many websites MIT gave me.
SloanFellow19 wrote:

fourleaf wrote:
Hi Joe,
May I know the number of admitted Fellows for now? Is the number still 25? Thanks!

Hello, it is 110 now..


Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2016
Posts: 139
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33
Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2018, 11:36
fourleaf wrote:
Thanks, Joe. It seems most seats are occupied already. Good luck to those on the waiting list.

BTW, which website you can see that number? I cannot find anything like that among many websites MIT gave me.
SloanFellow19 wrote:

fourleaf wrote:
Hi Joe,
May I know the number of admitted Fellows for now? Is the number still 25? Thanks!

Hello, it is 110 now..


Posted from my mobile device

Based on previous responses in the thread (I am happy to be corrected, that is what I remember) - there is a site where already admitted students can see the stats....
110 is the number of the class, but as it was written before by Sloan Fellow, about 80% of those who receive admission offer actually matriculate...
Waitlisted
14 Feb, 2018
Erjan_S GMAT: 650, Q47, V33; GPA: 3.2; WE: 204 months; Kazakhstan; via Email
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 May 2017
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 07:05
Were anyone in the waitlist able to get some feedback form the adcom?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
S
Joined: 29 Oct 2017
Posts: 124
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
WE: Business Development (Telecommunications)
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 07:28
1
This is the latest webinar from the admission team. One of the notes, is that the class size may vary from year to year..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpRxCjRmMMQ
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2017
Posts: 35
Location: Armenia
GPA: 3.45
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2018, 20:04
1
SloanFellow19 wrote:
This is the latest webinar from the admission team. One of the notes, is that the class size may vary from year to year..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpRxCjRmMMQ


Anyone from Round 3 here? Haven't heard from adcom. Interview invites already out?

Also, can anyone that has been accepted to Stanford MSx and MIT fellows here share her reasoning behind choosing MIT Fellows? Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019! &nbs [#permalink] 26 Feb 2018, 20:04

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  32    Next  [ 622 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all MIT Sloan Fellows Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2019!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.