GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 23:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern
WE 1: Financial Services
WE 2: Entrepreneurship
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 03 Dec 2010, 12:36
I've been lurking for a while and should contribute something. I just received an interview invite this morning. I submitted my application on 11/14 and received the system e-mail that my application information has been received on 11/24. I signed up for an on campus interview for early next week. I really hope I can get a result before Christmas break (good or bad).

My stats 730/M/3.6 GPA/5-years exp at enrollment/BB Capita Markets/live and work in this area.

Originally posted by 1AlmightyTurtle on 03 Dec 2010, 12:22.
Last edited by 1AlmightyTurtle on 03 Dec 2010, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 12:29
1AlmightyTurtle wrote:
I've been lurking for a while and should contribute something. I just received an interview invite this morning. I submitted my application on 11/14 and my stuff was complete on 11/24. I signed up for an on campus interview for early next week. I really hope I can get a result before Christmas (good or bad).

My stats 730/M/5-years exp at enrollment/BB Capita Markets/live and work in this area.

Congrats and good luck on the interview!

What do you mean by your stuff was complete by 11/24?
Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Schools: Wharton Class of 2013
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 12:31
i think he meant he got the status check email thing...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
WE 1: Mortgage

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 12:38
I received the status check email before my last recommendation was submitted - is there a notification for once for file is complete, or do they just email you if they're missing something?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 12:47
1AlmightyTurtle wrote:
I've been lurking for a while and should contribute something. I just received an interview invite this morning. I submitted my application on 11/14 and received the system e-mail that my application information has been received on 11/24. I signed up for an on campus interview for early next week. I really hope I can get a result before Christmas break (good or bad).

My stats 730/M/3.6 GPA/5-years exp at enrollment/BB Capita Markets/live and work in this area.

Congrats, and good luck on the interview.

May be because of the small sample size, but it seems that the interview invitations on this thread so far have been to local applicants, and invitations to out of state applicants won't occur until next week or later. Wishful thinking?

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 13:31
wmcrockett wrote:
I received the status check email before my last recommendation was submitted - is there a notification for once for file is complete, or do they just email you if they're missing something?

I believe you will receive an email later if something is missing. Honestly, I have a feeling that the "status check" email just means that someone in the office put your profile on the status check website. Actual emails about applications being incomplete will probably only go out later on a case by case basis.
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, USC, NYU
WE 1: 5 Years, Entertainment and Technology

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2010, 13:40
There was a minor mistake with a data point on my application and they emailed me a couple of weeks ago about it. It was fixed and then my status was updated to complete almost immediately on the 23rd.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.6
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 06:24
The thread has gone quiet for the last three days. Anyone with something worth sharing?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 06:28
No new invites seem to have been sent. Everyone seems to be praying in hope....
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.14

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 06:45
KingShark wrote:
The thread has gone quiet for the last three days. Anyone with something worth sharing?

I just found out that I've secured a pre-MBA position in my desired post-MBA field (investment management). I start on Wednesday :shock:

I want to update my application with this information, but I'm not sure how to do so. I've emailed Stern admissions for guidance, but does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 06:58
brainhurt wrote:
KingShark wrote:

I just found out that I've secured a pre-MBA position in my desired post-MBA field (investment management). I start on Wednesday :shock:

I want to update my application with this information, but I'm not sure how to do so. I've emailed Stern admissions for guidance, but does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Congrats Brainhurt....do you still want to pursue MBA?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 07:00
brainhurt wrote:
KingShark wrote:

Thanks!

I think it boosts your post MBA employment prospects for a career in investment management. Just pickup a sample of investment management postings on the web (http://www.efinancialcareers.com) and by far most of them prefer prior investment management experience. It makes your post MBA goals more realistic even for a relatively tough to get into field such as investment management. I would just highlight this aspect in an email to adcom, if i were you.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 07:07
sachdix wrote:
Congrats Brainhurt....do you still want to pursue MBA?

Thanks! I am still planning to pursue an MBA, as this position is predicated on that plan. However, in the unlikely event that I go there and do really well and they offer me a full-time gig, I'd definitely have to consider my options :wink:

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 07:09
WilfulCruiser wrote:
I think it boosts your post MBA employment prospects for a career in investment management. Just pickup a sample of investment management postings on the web (http://www.efinancialcareers.com) and by far most of them prefer prior investment management experience. It makes your post MBA goals more realistic even for a relatively tough to get into field such as investment management. I would just highlight this aspect in an email to adcom, if i were you.

Good points, I'm going to start drafting an email to that effect right now.
Schools: NYU, Columbia, Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 12:22
well, judging from last year's thread, I'd expect this to be the calm before the storm... we should be seeing several invites these coming two weeks...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 12:24
i have my fingers crossed!!
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU Stern
WE 1: Financial Services
WE 2: Entrepreneurship

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 06 Dec 2010, 13:54
[UPDATED] Some numbers to consider...
Admission rate is 13% (class of 2012). 4501 applications were received for class of 2012 and 585 (using 13%) were admitted. Of the 585 admitted, 392 enrolled (admitted yield was 67%). From the interview FAQ website, adcom interviewed 20-25% of the total application pool. Therefore, using 13%/20% to 13%/25%, we know that roughly 52-65% of those who were interviewed received an offer.

Originally posted by 1AlmightyTurtle on 06 Dec 2010, 13:27.
Last edited by 1AlmightyTurtle on 06 Dec 2010, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 13:43
1AlmightyTurtle wrote:
Some numbers to consider...
Admission rate is 14.5% (this might be a class of 2011 number because I've heard of 13% for class of 2012). 4501 applications were received for class of 2012 and 653 (using 14.5%) were admitted. Of the 653 admitted, 392 enrolled (admitted yield was 60%). From the interview FAQ website, adcom interviewed 20-25% of the total application pool. Therefore, using 14.5%/20% to 14.5%/25%, we know that roughly 60-75% of those who were interviewed received an offer.

I'd hope that the proportion of interviewed applicants who get admitted is closer to 75% than 60%, since Stern makes nearly everyone travel to New York to interview.

According to Businessweek's profile on Stern, only 13% of the Class of 2012 were accepted: http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... stern.html
Schools: NYU, Columbia, Kellogg

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 14:14
my heart stops everytime I see the letters NYU in my inbox... but it always reads...

"Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants" - Reply Notification from GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Schools: Duke (R1-int/WL), UCLA (R1), Haas (R2-int/WL-ding), Cornell - R3 (Accepted with $$), , Darden Class of 2013 (R2)
WE 1: 4 years non profit management
WE 2: 2 years real estate

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2010, 14:20
blaze83 wrote:
my heart stops everytime I see the letters NYU in my inbox... but it always reads...

"Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants" - Reply Notification from GMAT Club Forum

So cancel the option of getting notifications emails from GMAT Club.
I did :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2010, 14:20

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  19   20   21   22   23  ...  110    Next  [ 2196 posts ] 

Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: gmatexam439