Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 19:49 It is currently 13 May 2024, 19:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GRE 1: Q800 V510
GPA: 3.85
WE:Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Stern 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
thebighurtman35 wrote:
wpye86 wrote:
thebighurtman35 wrote:
R1 applicant here. Got waitlisted last Thursday. Not sure what to make of it being so late. I want to think I was on the cusp of an interview invitation, but I could just as easily been on the cusp of a ding.

28/M/710 GMAT/3.2 Ivy/6 years WE/Financial Services - submitted 2 days before the R1 deadline

Dude, your background looks strong, how did u get wait listed?
Is there any chance to get a scholarship from them if they accept you after waitlist?

I hope I am still eligible for scholarships, though I have to assume the window is closing there.

re: how did I get wait listed? Check out the profiles of Stern admits, even those in this thread. My GPA is definitely lower than average (though I went to a strong undergrad institution), and my GMAT is right at the median. My work experience is probably above average, and I believe my essays were solid, although these areas are very difficult to assess. All things considered, I'm realistically right in the middle. Really want the interview so I can articulate my case in person, so I am exploring ways to stay on adcom's radar while in limbo.

Good luck to all those waiting. What a brutal process...

I am feeling very dangerous about my application right now after i see you got waitlisted.
I only applied 2 schools so far, and im thinking of applying more in R3.
Does anyone know which schools will take R3 applicants under scholarship consideration?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I applied R2, 3 days before the deadline, and I received my invitation to interview on Feb 1.

I am travelling to NYC tomorrow for my interview on Thursday - anyone have any tips? I know many things have been addressed in this thread, but I would like some highlights. (Do you interview with Admissions Rep or Current Student, What are the nature of their questions etc).

Also, how soon after your interview does Stern typically notify you of acceptance/WL/Denial?

Best of Luck to everyone in Round 2!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
allaboutmimi13 wrote:
I applied R2, 3 days before the deadline, and I received my invitation to interview on Feb 1.

I am travelling to NYC tomorrow for my interview on Thursday - anyone have any tips? I know many things have been addressed in this thread, but I would like some highlights. (Do you interview with Admissions Rep or Current Student, What are the nature of their questions etc).

Also, how soon after your interview does Stern typically notify you of acceptance/WL/Denial?

Review the clearadmit interview guides before your big day... Best wishes to your interview! I applied R2 on the deadline day and really hoping that I will get an interview invite.. Gosh! some school must give me a chance :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: LBS '14 (A)
Send PM
I didnt get anything around background check, for those admitted please tell me what did you get around background check with the specifics...I am an international candidate ....

kickinback wrote:
smapplicant wrote:
PowerAnimal808 wrote:
For those of you who were accepted, how long after the email acceptance did you receive the packet in the mail and what is included in the packet.

Thanks

The next day for me. Included was acceptance letter + leather portfolio + scholarship letter + background check industructions

A week later. But that was due to the delay in it getting to Europe and then my being out when they first tried to deliver. It was sent the same day as the email though so I guess it is a question of how far that letter physically has to travel.

Contents were the same as the above - acceptance letter, scholarship letter, background check info.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
How many R2 invites have gone out already? I'm hoping not many!
Does Stern have a deadline for getting all the invites out or is it more of a random rolling basis thing?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
chynaxdawl wrote:
smapplicant wrote:
PowerAnimal808 wrote:
For those of you who were accepted, how long after the email acceptance did you receive the packet in the mail and what is included in the packet.

Thanks

The next day for me. Included was acceptance letter + leather portfolio + scholarship letter + background check industructions

for those who got in with a scholarship, did the email/notification online tell you about your scholarship or did you first find out about it through the letter in the acceptance package?

There was nothing in the email. There was a seperate sheet in the letter I was sent in the post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q43 V50
GPA: 3.54
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
allaboutmimi13 wrote:

Carefully think about the SPECIFIC elements of Stern's offering that appeal to you. Perhaps have 3 or 4 very specific elements of the program that excite you. The majority of my interview focused on why Stern but the rest was either very specific about my background / extra-curriculars or standard "tell me about a time..." questions

They say they will notify you in three weeks but I think the standard response based on what we have seen here has been 5 - 10 days.

Best of luck for Thursday.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My Stern interview was by far the most low key, relaxed and comfortable interview yet. It was really more of a conversation than an interrogation. My advice? Go over the clearadmit wiki, know your essays and resume and be confident. I picked three specific aspects of stern's program that I really liked and made sure to touch on those. The interview is supposed to last about 30 minutes, although mine was 45. Really pleasant, overall. Don't know the outcome yet, but I'm optimistic. Good luck!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
stellabudro wrote:
My Stern interview was by far the most low key, relaxed and comfortable interview yet. It was really more of a conversation than an interrogation. My advice? Go over the clearadmit wiki, know your essays and resume and be confident. I picked three specific aspects of stern's program that I really liked and made sure to touch on those. The interview is supposed to last about 30 minutes, although mine was 45. Really pleasant, overall. Don't know the outcome yet, but I'm optimistic. Good luck!

U applied in R1 or R2? Which day was it?
Do you mind kindly share your profile?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wpye86 wrote:
stellabudro wrote:

U applied in R1 or R2? Which day was it?
Do you mind kindly share your profile?

Thanks

I applied in Round 1 on the day before the deadline. I didn't hear anything until Jan 8th or so, when I was invited to interview. I interviewed last Thursday and am waiting to hear back. I'm a White F/27/720 GMAT/6 years WE/Media and Communications.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: NYU (Stern) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.63
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Finally!

Submitted: 14 November 2011
Invited: 16 December 2011
Interviewed: 30 January 2012 (on-campus)
Admitted: 7 February 2012

:D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Registered just to let those keeping track know...

3.86 GPA; 760 GMAT (49Q,45V); 4 years WE (accounting); R2 Applicant; Interviewed 1/24; Admitted 2/7!!!!

FWIW, they told me the decision would be delayed because I was missing a transcript at the interview (and got it to them 3 days later).

Good luck to everyone else!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cpatofinance wrote:

3.86 GPA; 760 GMAT (49Q,45V); 4 years WE (accounting); R2 Applicant; Interviewed 1/24; Admitted 2/7!!!!

FWIW, they told me the decision would be delayed because I was missing a transcript at the interview (and got it to them 3 days later).

Now, I know NYU looks more into GMAT score. They seems like look from the GMAT LIST from Top to the Bottom. They are testing patience right now. SIGH!
I think the most important reason i am going to NYC schools is for internship experience, since i want to work for a bank. I am very afraid to wait for another year and reapply, god bless.

Dude, which day did u submitted in R2?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.48
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
cpatofinance wrote:

R2 or R1??
Great if its R2...! Your wait time was spectacularly low.....!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
madzy wrote:
cpatofinance wrote:

R2 or R1??
Great if its R2...! Your wait time was spectacularly low.....!

R2, but applied a couple of weeks before the deadline. I think my wait was pretty on par with others. Most ppl have been 5 to 10 days after interview...I was a little longer but that might have been due to the transcript holdup.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wpye86 wrote:
cpatofinance wrote:

Now, I know NYU looks more into GMAT score. They seems like look from the GMAT LIST from Top to the Bottom. They are testing patience right now. SIGH!
I think the most important reason i am going to NYC schools is for internship experience, since i want to work for a bank. I am very afraid to wait for another year and reapply, god bless.

Dude, which day did u submitted in R2?

Submitted app 12/12, but my essay 3 got there in the mail a few days later, so I guess I was complete 12/15.

Good luck and don't worry if you have to wait an extra year...when compared to the 40+ years of working at your career, one extra year is trivial.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Got waitlisted w/o interview last week. Was on the road for work so couldn't post until now.

Consortium Rd1
Submitted 11/14
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts