Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 01:01 It is currently 15 May 2024, 01:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Dartmouth (Tuck) - Class of 2014
WE:Corporate Finance (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Ross 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
pkatmi wrote:

The same thing happened to me in R1. My application was missing one of my transcripts and I received an email notification from Admissions office about it. I submitted the transcript the same day and even got an confirmation from them. This was about a couple of weeks before the 2nd wave of interviews went out for R1 (R1 had only two waves of interviews). But then the next week I got another email from admissions office saying that they had requested the transcript a week ago and they still hadn't received it! So I called them and told them that I had actually submitted the transcript the previous week itself. The lady on the phone then said .. 'oh ok, we have it'. So this was 1 week before the 2nd wave of interviews. I was nervous if my application would be considered in R1 with so little time remaining, but the lady assured me it will. So the 2nd wave of interviews came and went and I didn't hear anything. I was disheartened as hell. But lo and behold, the next day I receive a phone call from the admissions office saying that they have sent me two emails requesting my transcript and I haven't send it still! I was like 'you've got to be be kidding me'. I explained to her that I had sent it 2 weeks ago and already confirmed twice. She again looked at her records and said .. oh we have it. I asked her what all of this meant - since my app wasn't marked complete it couldn't have been reviewed before the interviews went out and she agreed. Then I asked her if my application will still be considered in R1 and she said it will. I really wanted to believe her but practically speaking, it was also easy to see that since both waves of interviews had gone out, I might be bumped to the next round.

So I just waited for the decision deadline and was waitlisted. Now I don't know what actually happened i.e. whether they looked at my application and decided to put me on WL or if they could not get to the application and so put me on WL. Either way, I was happy to still be under consideration. And then, I was invited to interview in the first wave for R2 interviews.

Long story short, for those who were not invited for interviews in R2, you're definitely still in the game. Especially if there was something missing in your application at some point and you received a request from the admissions office to complete it.

I was kind of mad initially at what had happened, but then at the end of the day it was my mistake. My application wasn't complete even if it was a missing transcript. Doesn't matter that I worked my ass off to complete my essays in R1, should have been more careful about about other parts as well. Can't blame admissions for that.

HTH

glad to hear you got had an interview. It is very easy to mess up these applications if you aren't careful because you can only hit submit once.

Good luck pkatmi!
GMAT Club team member
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Hi All:
You already know this but this post is to reiterate: The statistics at the top of the "Calling all Ross Applicants" thread is driven entirely by the GMAT Club community. The level of detail regarding GMAT tests and school status in a GMAT Club member's profile populates those statistics. So, if you know your GMAT or school status and don't mind sharing, please remember to update your profile. It's easy: at the very top-right of this page, click on "My Profile”. A big preemptive "Thanks!" from everyone that finds these statistics valuable!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.64
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
atayl0r wrote:
Hi All:
You already know this but this post is to reiterate: The statistics at the top of the "Calling all Ross Applicants" thread is driven entirely by the GMAT Club community. The level of detail regarding GMAT tests and school status in a GMAT Club member's profile populates those statistics. So, if you know your GMAT or school status and don't mind sharing, please remember to update your profile. It's easy: at the very top-right of this page, click on "My Profile”. A big preemptive "Thanks!" from everyone that finds these statistics valuable!

I totally agree. I have divulged all details, including all my dings. That is one of the advantages of being relatively anonymous, I don't care who knows, but if it helps somebody, then some good came of it.

I came across GMAT club very late in the application process and feel like it could have helped me a lot. I am posting as much information as I have/know , to help others.

I feel frustrated when I see posters asking for answers, while posting very little information about their own stats, experiences etc.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mooze wrote:
imalawyer wrote:
mooze wrote:
When they do the "final review" of the folks that have completed their interviews,...I understand at that point they're trying to build as diverse (in terms of work and background) and comprehensive a class as possible. Does this mean that perhaps academic attributes at this point are less important than somebody's personal background, essays, and work exp?

I think so. What I've heard is that the initial pre-interview reviews are focused more on academics and such, and that the interview and subsequent evaluations are mostly about fit.

And by fit you mean the whole package, personal background, diversity, work, etc,...not just how you performed in the interview? Cause I honestly don't know how i did in the interview. When i think of "fit" I immediately think of how someone comes off in the interview. I hope its more than that.

I'm not 100% on what 'fit' actually means, but interviews are considered as only a part of the whole in later evaluations. Relevant portion of Soojin's P&Q interview =
Soojin Kwon Koh wrote:
There is a final rating of, ‘Yes, I think this person will be a great fit.’ Or, ‘I’m not sure this person will be a great fit, but maybe their application has more information on areas I wasn’t clear on.’ Or, ‘I don’t think this person will be a good fit.’ It’s one of those three categories.

This is an online form so they provide comments on each with examples of why they think this person has a good rationale for an MBA. We request the evaluation within 24 hours of the interview, and last year we didn’t have to hunt anybody down. We tell interviewers that ‘you could be the reason we delay a decision on a candidate and they’re pushed to the next round. Please don’t be that reason.’

After the regional experts look at it in concert with the interview, they make a recommendation. Then, the senior AD gets it and looks at the overall pool. He might say, ‘We have too many people who are consultants.’ He takes first pass and then I take the second pass. There’s a lot of shifting about. We’ll waitlist some, un-waitlist other people, until we get to a number based on our historical admission rates. After I look at it, I send it on to Valerie (Suslow) who looks at the whole thing and once she blesses it we start communicating with the candidates.

And I feel your pain since I'm also unsure about my interview performance. I think that it went well enough and my interviewer was very nice, but there are always things that, in retrospect, you would have handled a bit differently if given the opportunity. Unless there's applause or you completely bomb, you never _really_ know with these things until the decision comes in. Best to not worry about it. Plus, we're down to only a week before R2 decisions are in!

Good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
So admission calls will likely be next Tuesday/Wednesday? Anyone know what time they start?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General,Marketing,International Business
Send PM
If you are moving to Ann Arbor early and need a sublet between May - Aug get in touch! Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 05-19-2011
GPA: 3.5
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Any probability that R1 WLs will get their results with R2 guys?? Keeping my fingers crossed..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
This is for the R1 admits and existing students, what background verification is done once you get an admit from Ross. Just curious to know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
GS18 wrote:
This is for the R1 admits and existing students, what background verification is done once you get an admit from Ross. Just curious to know.

Last year they used HireRight, but I believe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that Kroll is being used this year.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
thk wrote:
GS18 wrote:

Last year they used HireRight, but I believe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that Kroll is being used this year.

And its just jobs, salaries, recommenders, criminal background?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
mooze wrote:
thk wrote:
GS18 wrote:

And its just jobs, salaries, recommenders, criminal background?

I don't know how they could even find out the Salary bit. That would be a gross violation of privacy for your current employer/HR to reveal your salary to a background verification company. They could probably confirm your employment, dates etc. but certainly not your salary.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
alinomoto wrote:
I don't know how they could even find out the Salary bit. That would be a gross violation of privacy for your current employer/HR to reveal your salary to a background verification company. They could probably confirm your employment, dates etc. but certainly not your salary.

I know when i got my current job, they screened me to make sure my salary claims from my previous jobs were accurate. So there is a way to check that for many companies.

I'm wondering if they delve into stuff like extracurriculars, things of that nature.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
For those who will accept Ross, how are you approaching the housing situation?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
If you are an American citizen/PR can't they just use your Social Security Number to verify your employment dates, salary etc?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.75
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jassiinpublic wrote:
For those who will accept Ross, how are you approaching the housing situation?

Good question, Jaas. For me, I haven't and am not planning on doing so until GBR. With $75,000 in tuition and living expenses, I want to keep rent low while still living within walking distance of campus. For me, that probably means trying to find roommates.

I'd love to hear how everybody else is handling it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
gijoedude wrote:
If you are an American citizen/PR can't they just use your Social Security Number to verify your employment dates, salary etc?

You can do a lot with someone's SSN, but I doubt that they could get at that information without inquiring directly (with your employer, etc). So, assuming that only legitimate methods of investigation are used, and assuming that they don't piece the info together using facebook/etc, I do wonder how investigators would get employment dates (and other job-specific info) if an employer is tight-lipped about its employees. Kroll/et al do not have subpeona power, so employers could tell the investigator to take a walk if they felt like it. A situation like that would call for a written waiver, maybe? But whatever. As has been said in the ongoing kroll thread, there shouldn't be any need to worry unless you cooked up some nonsense.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Ross is using Re Vera Services this year for their background checks:

https://reveraservices.com/

Per the admitted binder, it has to be initiated by 5/1.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  85   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts