Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:49 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
MiMEssay wrote:
  Hey there!  Thank you for your post.  Let me break your question into three parts and answer them individually. Firstly, about your B-school choice - let’s get something clear: you need to consider every factor before making a decision. For Example, 
  • For Expense USA MBA > MBA in Canada 
  • GMAT/GRE score requirement > Average GMAT/GRE score for Canada 
  • Number of scholarships in the USA > Number of scholarships in Canada
  • Getting a student visa in the US is more complex and time-consuming than in Canada, especially from an Indian perspective. Moreover, the migration process is easier and less complex than in the USA. In the USA, consulting, finance, and technology are more important; however, in Canada, the healthcare, energy, and natural resources sectors are more important industries,
All of these factors are important to consider and to be honest; you can always settle later in Canada and pursue your dream B-school in the US. Now, about the preference of candidates, yes, employers tend to choose schools that rank higher in the order. However, it’s just one factor. Rather, I would suggest you check the Average package after the MBA for a class profile and factors like the highest package offered and the top 10 packages provided to both these business schools.  I hope this helps! :)    Cheers! Abhyank Founder & CEO  BOOK A FREE CALL MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting Customer Reviews|Profile Evaluation|School Explorer Contact us: +91-8448224865  

Hi Abhyank,

Thank you so much for your post!

I want to pursue my career in technology industry, which is also one of the reasons why I want to go to US. But I’m just worried about getting PR in Canada. If I go to Canada, I would have to do an internal transfer at a global company, but it’s not guaranteed, so I might be kicked out and have no choice but go back to my home country. I’m also worried that even if I do an internal transfer, it’ll be closed work permit where I can only work for the company sponsoring my visa, which means I can’t increase my salary significantly by switching jobs, but just have to work at the company until I obtain PR.

I heard that Canadian employers prefer regional school graduates like UoT, UBC, or McGill and that they think networks are more important than institutional names. So I’m not too sure if it’s the right choice to go to US if I’m going to settle down in Canada.

I don’t know much about the work culture or employment system in Canada, so I’m asking here. Thank you for your help!
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Business Schools in the US for Early Action Rounds

Discover the intricacies of Early Action Rounds at leading U.S. business schools by joining our upcoming complimentary webinar.

Unlock valuable insights into the world of Early Action Rounds and gain firsthand perspectives from consultants who have successfully guided candidates into top-tier business schools.

What’s in store for you at the conclusion of the session?
1. A comprehensive calendar highlighting Important Dates and Deadlines for Early Action Rounds worldwide.
2. Analysis of Two Winning Essays crafted by triumphant applicants.
3. Step-by-step Process Guidelines tailored for Early Action Rounds.

Meet our distinguished speakers for this session:
1. Gustavo Davanzo, Senior Consultant
2. Prasanna, SDA Bocconi
Date: February 22, 2024
Time: 9:00 PM IST | 10:30 AM ET

Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your understanding of Early Action Rounds and set yourself on the path to success in the business school application process.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Can anybody extend admission decision deadline? I sent email to adcom on Friday but don't hear back from them yet. Should i send reminder or is too soon?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Send PM
I was supposed to hear back from the adcom on the 19th regarding the result. My interview was a couple of weeks back.

What should I do?
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
Send PM
just email the adcom and ask😄
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sperados wrote:
  Hey hey Im like you. Im struggling with financing my program(only 25K scholarship) and also waiting for Anderson result which will be release on 22 march. Should i email them and ask them to extend my admission offer? Also, i want to know if 50k will be enough to complete my program with on campus job:| Any body has idea?

Hi. Were you able to extend the deadline?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Hi guys - i just recevied an interview invite from Rotman. Was wondering if I could connect with anyone who has already interviewed with Akansha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hloonker wrote:
Hi guys - i just recevied an interview invite from Rotman. Was wondering if I could connect with anyone who has already interviewed with Akansha

­Hey congratulations and all the best! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your complete application (LORs, video essay inclusive) and how long since then did it take to hear back hear back on the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q156 V156

GRE 2: Q160 V161

GRE 3: Q160 V161
Send PM
Calling all Rotman MBA Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
HiHigh1004 wrote:
I want to settle down in Canada but I honestly want to go to one of US B schools because of its prestige and education quality.
But would employers prefer UoT/UBC graduates over US B school graduates like Yale or UC Berkeley?
I’m wondering if I should choose UoT over US B schools considering my networks and job hunting in Canada. I’m an international student from Asia btw.

Hello,

I'm also a Rotman admit with your dilemma. I want to settle in canada for the citizenship but I know the pay and opportunities are more in the USA.

Here are some of the things I have found out:

- There are other pathways asides company sponsorship to get Permanent residency in the USA. E.g EB1.

- A canadian citizenship will put you in a better position to get whatever you want out of the USA.

- Rotman is a brand that can compete in the USA.

- Employers in Canada are very "canadian schools centric". They have not yet outgrown this.

I would opine that if your goal is settlement in Canada, go to Rotman, get into a top company, get your citizenship and leave for the USA if you wish.

PS: If you haven't explored the pathways to get a canadian PR, please start especially if you have a tech or healthcare background. You could get a provincial nomination from Ontario.

Cheers!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vicbajo wrote:
Hello, I’m also a Rotman admit with your dilemma. I want to settle in canada for the citizenship but I know the pay and opportunities are more in the USA. Here are some of the things I have found out: - There are other pathways asides company sponsorship to get Permanent residency in the USA. E.g EB1. - A canadian citizenship will put you in a better position to get whatever you want out of the USA. - Rotman is a brand that can compete in the USA. I would opine that if your goal is settlement in Canada, go to Rotman, get into a top company, get your citizenship and leave for the USA. PS: If you haven’t explored the pathways to get a canadian PR, please start especially if you have a tech or healthcare background. You could get a provincial nomination from Ontario. Cheers! Posted from my mobile device

Thanks a lot for the comment! I really appreciate it. Did you decide to go to Rotman?
Intern
Intern

Send PM
HiHigh1004 wrote:
vicbajo wrote:
Hello, I’m also a Rotman admit with your dilemma. I want to settle in canada for the citizenship but I know the pay and opportunities are more in the USA. Here are some of the things I have found out: - There are other pathways asides company sponsorship to get Permanent residency in the USA. E.g EB1. - A canadian citizenship will put you in a better position to get whatever you want out of the USA. - Rotman is a brand that can compete in the USA. I would opine that if your goal is settlement in Canada, go to Rotman, get into a top company, get your citizenship and leave for the USA. PS: If you haven’t explored the pathways to get a canadian PR, please start especially if you have a tech or healthcare background. You could get a provincial nomination from Ontario. Cheers! Posted from my mobile device

Thanks a lot for the comment! I really appreciate it. Did you decide to go to Rotman?

Yes I have decided to go to Rotman.🙂
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vicbajo wrote:

Would you mind if I ask how much scholarship you received?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
who all are applying to Round 3?

what is the current placement scenario at Rotman?
Intern
Intern

Send PM
HiHigh1004 wrote:
vicbajo wrote:

Would you mind if I ask how much scholarship you received?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vicbajo wrote:
45k Posted from my mobile device

Wow that’s a lot thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
HiHigh1004 wrote:
Sperados wrote:
:| Any body has idea?

Hi. Were you able to extend the deadline?

­yeah, i find them very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Sperados wrote:
yeah, i find them very helpful.

Thanks for sharing! Did you tell them you were waiting for another school’s results?

Sperados wrote:
yeah, i find them very helpful.

I’m also wondering to when you were able to extend the deadline
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   
Moderator:
Stanford and Rotman Moderator
72 posts