Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Board of Directors
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Gnpth wrote:
Rotman asks you to send the transcripts to them. It is one of the mandatory supplement. Uploading the unofficial one is optional. This is what I have seen in the application portal.

Attachment:
Capture.JPG

Thank you.

But this is very strange. I mean what would they do with tons of transcripts. Will they return the transcripts back? I have only one transcript and its too difficult to get more.

Also, is this mandatory to be sent to them by 15th Oct deadline? :cry: :cry:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Gnpth

What if you are not selected at Rotman, then again you need to ask your University to to send your official transcripts to other universities.

As for my universities it will definitely irritate them to ask again and again.

PS-I am just highlighting possibilities. I definitely hope you get selected at Rotman.

Posted from my mobile device

VP
VP
Send PM
Top Contributor
abhimahna wrote:
Gnpth wrote:
Rotman asks you to send the transcripts to them. It is one of the mandatory supplement. Uploading the unofficial one is optional. This is what I have seen in the application portal.

Attachment:
The attachment Capture.JPG is no longer available

Thank you.

But this is very strange. I mean what would they do with tons of transcripts. Will they return the transcripts back? I have only one transcript and its too difficult to get more.

Also, is this mandatory to be sent to them by 15th Oct deadline? :cry: :cry:

Yeah, I know. My University started offering the online request last year. So I don't have to go in person to request it. Check whether your university has the online request. But my univ charged me 2500 rupees for shipping, 900 for 1 transcript. And top of that 18% GST. :cry:

But this is what I read in transcript guide and the application instructions.

Attachment:
File comment: Instructions
Instructions.JPG
Instructions.JPG [ 93.51 KiB | Viewed 6047 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: transcript guide
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG [ 74.81 KiB | Viewed 6040 times ]
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Kudos
I had spoken to somebody who attended an interview with Rotman

What he has been told is that all you are expected to do
is have your unofficial transcripts uploaded. The official
transcripts are needed only once you secure an admit!

Hope that clears your confusion somtsat99 ,abhimahna and Gnpth
VP
VP
Send PM
Top Contributor
somtsat99 wrote:
Gnpth

What if you are not selected at Rotman, then again you need to ask your University to to send your official transcripts to other universities.

As for my universities it will definitely irritate them to ask again and again.

PS-I am just highlighting possibilities. I definitely hope you get selected at Rotman.

I get it. It's very tough and painstaking.

Most university charge money for giving you the transcript. So it shouldn't be a problem.

And also they allow you request as many transcripts you want. So I would suggest you request 3-4 and keep it with you. And send to the schools where you are accepted since you need to send them anyway if you are selected.

But Rotman case, I wasn't sure. So I sent it. But you can write to them and ask if official transcripts are required to process your application.

pushpitkc wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure about this. So I sent them anyway.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
pushpitkc wrote:

Yeah, that's sounds reasonable and usual. Thanks mate. :)

Gnpth , you almost made me cancel my decision to apply early in rotman. :-D
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
abhimahna wrote:

Yeah, that's sounds reasonable and usual. Thanks mate. :)

Gnpth , you almost made me cancel my decision to apply early in rotman. :-D

Oops, I'm sorry :| . I was carried away to send it when I read that all details needed to process the app. Maybe you can send it along with your apps to show that you are committed to Rotman ;) ;)
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Gnpth wrote:

Oops, I'm sorry :| . I was carried away to send it when I read that all details needed to process the app. Maybe you can send it along with your apps to show that you are committed to Rotman ;) ;)

Hahaha, I would rather wait for the transcripts until the last.

I can't take the risk of losing it and taking the pain of running around my University. My every hour is crucial ;)
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Kudos
abhimahna wrote:
Gnpth wrote:

Hahaha, I would rather wait for the transcripts until the last.

I can't take the risk of losing it and taking the pain of running around my University. My every hour is crucial ;)

Moreover from what I saw this year at the MBA events, Rotman is not going
to extend any special favors to anybody. Especially Indian/IT/Male - most common
demographic applying to any business school ;)

They are now one of the top schools outside of the US and they know it.
So the way I see it - even an admit in Rotman is going to be an uphill task
without actually showing how committed you are to the school and its methodologies :)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
pushpitkc wrote:

Moreover from what I saw this year at the MBA events, Rotman is not going
to extend any special favors to anybody. Especially Indian/IT/Male - most common
demographic applying to any business school ;)

They are now one of the top schools outside of the US and they know it.
So the way I see it - even an admit in Rotman is going to be an uphill task
without actually showing how committed you are to the school and its methodologies :)

haha. I know. I was just kidding. We are at disadvantage here just like China. maybe because of the population :lol:
VP
VP
Send PM
Top Contributor
Nothing yet from Rotman. I got an email yesterday to upload my resume. But it was weird. Since when I submitted my app only 1 pending was the transcript. I had my resume already uploaded to my portal when I sent them to "Introduce yourself" form.

And I submitted it yesterday and responded to the email.

A Quick Question- Will they compare the resume I sent them Last month and the one I uploaded yesterday? Since the recent upload contains same achievements but just reworded and rearranged to highlight good ones at the top.

And I'm planning to put one for foster by end of this week. Just need to refine my essays and upload. I liked the program and location where we have plenty of employers.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V169
Send PM
Submitted my app this morning. Pick me Rotman!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Gnpth Aaliyah537 : Guys can u please shed some light on the video questions and written question that is a part of the application ?

If not the question itself, what kind and how was ur experience...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 165
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V169
Send PM
mihir0710 wrote:
Gnpth Aaliyah537 : Guys can u please shed some light on the video questions and written question that is a part of the application ?

If not the question itself, what kind and how was ur experience...

Hello. I practiced maybe 5 - 6 times over the course of last week, just to get my bearings. The practice questions were MBA interview type questions (eg. Why Rotman). But the actual video questions were more out of the left field, eg. what was the best gift you ever received? My advice would be to practice a few times so you get comfortable with the setup and camera. I had a piece of paper with me and for each question wrote down the points I wanted to make. The 30 seconds you get before recording was really helpful, and was enough time to think about what you wanted to say.

The written question was fairly harmless - writing an email to a professor.
VP
VP
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hi mihir0710 - You can practice as many times as possible. There are at least 4-5 practice questions. Once you are complete, you can go through the real one. Honestly these questions really about your personal stuff, your interest, pass time, etc. And written one might be little tricky. But try to address all the points asked in the written. They give you 10 mins. I guess it should be enough for brainstorming and writing 2 paragraph essay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos