GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 18:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 23:30
sheiquiroga wrote:
Just a word of advice:

To applicants who are still doing their GMAT and who are serious with Rotman, take the probabilities topic seriously. I know some people have this tendency to try to delete learnings after an exam/GMAT. DON'T. You will use it a lot in the first term for the Model-based decision making. I can't believe I'm saying this, but we do reference a lot of GMAT learnings/topics!

Hi sheiquiroga,

Hope you are having a fantastic run at Rotman!

I just wanted to know as to how much time does the Rotman Adcom generally require to roll out an offer post interview?
Also is the decision done on a first come first serve basis or after looking at the full cohort of applicants in a particular round?

I ask this coz i gave my interview on the 22nd Sept in Mumbai (your wondersuite blog turned out to a big big help!) but i was asked to wait till mid December for the results.

Anyways, cheers to your journey ahead!

VENI. VIDI. VICI

Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 14:37
Hi krazykunal

Thank you for the appreciation! Foundations term is terrible, so brace yourselves guys. Still trying to find a time to update the blog about this term. I'll keep you guys posted in this thread.

I'm not sure on others' timeline, but here's mine.

October 10, 2016 Submitted my application

October 27, 2016 Ms. Tara Egan Wu invited me for an interview

November 10, 2016 (12:00 PM) Interview day

December 2, 2016 Tara internationally called me to let me know I got accepted with scholarship.

This is just my opinion that makes most sense to me if I'm gonna be an adcom: I think they do look at all the applications first per round before deciding on the final list they want. After all, they want a good mix of diversity in the batch. And they are actually pretty good at it!

Hoping all the best for you guys.

sheiquiroga

krazykunal1410 wrote:
sheiquiroga wrote:
Just a word of advice:

To applicants who are still doing their GMAT and who are serious with Rotman, take the probabilities topic seriously. I know some people have this tendency to try to delete learnings after an exam/GMAT. DON'T. You will use it a lot in the first term for the Model-based decision making. I can't believe I'm saying this, but we do reference a lot of GMAT learnings/topics!

Hi sheiquiroga,

Hope you are having a fantastic run at Rotman!

I just wanted to know as to how much time does the Rotman Adcom generally require to roll out an offer post interview?
Also is the decision done on a first come first serve basis or after looking at the full cohort of applicants in a particular round?

I ask this coz i gave my interview on the 22nd Sept in Mumbai (your wondersuite blog turned out to a big big help!) but i was asked to wait till mid December for the results.

Anyways, cheers to your journey ahead!
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 14:43
No, don't keep 3-4 transcripts with you guys. 1-2 is optimal. The schools want you to send the transcripts directly from your previous universities to the mba school you want to join, secured and sealed. It's costly and a hassle, but this is to ensure that people don't do fake transcripts. You don't want to have "fake" classmates in the end.

Gnpth wrote:
somtsat99 wrote:
Gnpth

What if you are not selected at Rotman, then again you need to ask your University to to send your official transcripts to other universities.

As for my universities it will definitely irritate them to ask again and again.

PS-I am just highlighting possibilities. I definitely hope you get selected at Rotman.

Posted from my mobile device

I get it. It's very tough and painstaking.

Most university charge money for giving you the transcript. So it shouldn't be a problem.

And also they allow you request as many transcripts you want. So I would suggest you request 3-4 and keep it with you. And send to the schools where you are accepted since you need to send them anyway if you are selected.

But Rotman case, I wasn't sure. So I sent it. But you can write to them and ask if official transcripts are required to process your application.

pushpitkc wrote:
I had spoken to somebody who attended an interview with Rotman

What he has been told is that all you are expected to do
is have your unofficial transcripts uploaded. The official
transcripts are needed only once you secure an admit!

Hope that clears your confusion somtsat99 ,abhimahna and Gnpth

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure about this. So I sent them anyway.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2017, 20:31
Hi everyone,

I need some urgent help.
My referees(recommenders) have not received the automated link for filling the recommendation forms.
The steps I followed are:
- Go to 'Submit Supplemental Items'
- Add the two referees' names and e-mail IDs
- Go to 'Complete Application'
- Go to 'Professional Recommendation Requests'
- Tick-marked both the boxes and clicked on 'Save and Continue'

Shouldn't the links be sent to my referees as soon as I complete the above steps even though the application is not submitted?

I dropped an e-mail to the mba@rotman.utoronto.ca and am waiting for a response. I also tried calling them today afternoon but I am guessing the staff was out for lunch-break - will try once again tomorrow morning.

Can anyone please shed some light on the process here - any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers!
Utkarsh
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Ivey '19 (S)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.17

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 12:38
Hi All,

My first post on this thread.

I've finally submitted my application today - quite a relief I must say. Although I think I could have done better on the video essay component. :sad:

Hoping for the best.

Any idea how many days they usually take before getting back on the application, once the same has been submitted.
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 13:11
utkarshprabhat wrote:
Hi everyone,

I need some urgent help.
My referees(recommenders) have not received the automated link for filling the recommendation forms.
The steps I followed are:
- Go to 'Submit Supplemental Items'
- Add the two referees' names and e-mail IDs
- Go to 'Complete Application'
- Go to 'Professional Recommendation Requests'
- Tick-marked both the boxes and clicked on 'Save and Continue'

Shouldn't the links be sent to my referees as soon as I complete the above steps even though the application is not submitted?

I dropped an e-mail to the mba@rotman.utoronto.ca and am waiting for a response. I also tried calling them today afternoon but I am guessing the staff was out for lunch-break - will try once again tomorrow morning.

Can anyone please shed some light on the process here - any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers!
Utkarsh

utkarshprabhat,

Hope you have been able to out your doubts. If not, please PM me your request.
Will try and talk to the people I know at the school and get you a resolution for your problem!
Alternatively, krazykunal1410 has already submitted his application! You could reach out to him for more clarification

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

BSchool Forum Moderator
V
Premium Member
Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 13:14
ramleela wrote:
Hi All,

I've finally submitted my application today - quite a relief I must say. Although I think I could have done better on the video essay component. :sad:

Hoping for the best.

Any idea how many days they usually take before getting back on the application, once the same has been submitted.

ramleela,

The Round 1 deadline is October 16th.
From my experience, it is possible that if you were to get an interview invite it could happen
anytime post that date up until December 15th(official date of releasing the application decision)

Hope that helps you!

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, Social Entrepreneurship
GRE 1: Q161 V169

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 14:28
pushpitkc wrote:
ramleela wrote:
Hi All,

Hoping for the best.

ramleela,

The Round 1 deadline is October 16th.
From my experience, it is possible that if you were to get an interview invite it could happen
anytime post that date up until December 15th(official date of releasing the application decision)

Hope that helps you!

I'd be really curious to know what the normal processing time is once you get into October. I know someone earlier heard back on his application one day after submission (in September). I'm assuming those days are gone now that more people are submitting, and I wonder what would be a reasonable time frame now - 1 week, 3 weeks?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 19:10
pushpitkc, thanks a lot!
I'll PM krazykunal1410 too.

Hi ramleela,

Have your reference letters been submitted by your referees?
When did they receive the link to the reference form - was it after you submitted the application?

Thanks,
Utkarsh
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 20:49
utkarshprabhat wrote:
pushpitkc, thanks a lot!

Hi ramleela,

When did they receive the link to the reference form - was it after you submitted the application?

Thanks,
Utkarsh

I’m facing a similar issue. The link is not being received. I have written to them regarding it.

Utkarsh, could you pm me if your issue gets resolved?

Thanks,
Vivek

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Ivey '19 (S)
GPA: 3.17

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 20:49
utkarshprabhat wrote:
pushpitkc, thanks a lot!

Hi ramleela,

Thanks,
Utkarsh

Hi Utkarsh,

My referees received the reference emails, a few months ago, when I uploaded their names onto the system. It is important that you check the box that says "send email to referee" or something of that sort - this checkbox is available on the page where you enter a new referee's credentials. That basically ensures that the moment you save their names into the system, they receive the email reference forms.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 21:05
ramleela wrote:
utkarshprabhat wrote:
pushpitkc, thanks a lot!

Hi ramleela,

Thanks,
Utkarsh

Hi Utkarsh,

My referees received the reference emails, a few months ago, when I uploaded their names onto the system. It is important that you check the box that says "send email to referee" or something of that sort - this checkbox is available on the page where you enter a new referee's credentials. That basically ensures that the moment you save their names into the system, they receive the email reference forms.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Thanks ramleela, I did the same: - first submgitted their names and IDs in the supplemental items section and then tick-marked in the main application form. Not sure what is the issue.

Sure vivek1012. Let us do that. I called them yesterday and they suggested me to give the personal email IDs of the referees as the office servers may some times block certain IDs, but this did not resolve the issue. :(
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2017, 22:39
utkarshprabhat wrote:
ramleela wrote:
utkarshprabhat wrote:
pushpitkc, thanks a lot!

Hi ramleela,

Thanks,
Utkarsh

Hi Utkarsh,

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Thanks ramleela, I did the same: - first submgitted their names and IDs in the supplemental items section and then tick-marked in the main application form. Not sure what is the issue.

Sure vivek1012. Let us do that. I called them yesterday and they suggested me to give the personal email IDs of the referees as the office servers may some times block certain IDs, but this did not resolve the issue. :(

ramleela , vivek1012,

So I completed both the steps as captured in the attachments. Is anything else required?
Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the help!
Attachments

r1.JPG
r1.JPG [ 116.58 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]

r2.JPG
r2.JPG [ 33.59 KiB | Viewed 1188 times ]

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 00:33
Yes, I am facing the same issue.

Both my recommenders have not received the mail.

I dropped in a mail with Rotman.

Has anyone's issue been resolved?
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 01:03
Hi Guys,

Same issue with recommendations.
No e-mail received by my referee. (I just tried one)
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 02:42
I suppose it's happening for more than one person. So I think it's possible that the link might not be working.

Anyways you shouldn't worry if it is a technical error from the college's end.

You will definitely get an extension but stay in touch and send remainders to be on the safer side guys!!

Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 03:17
Right, but I believe it should be notified to Adcom people so that they get to know its happening for many students.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 07:21
avdgmat4777 wrote:
Right, but I believe it should be notified to Adcom people so that they get to know its happening for many students.

Hey avdgmat4777, pushpitkc, dreams101, ramleela, vivek1012,

I had sent a mail on 9th October to mba@rotman.utoronto.ca but I have not received a response.
I also tried calling the two phone numbers available on the website.
Is there any other email ID we can reach the adCom on?
I am guessing that contacting the members of the admissions committee directly instead of using the umbrella email ID might be more effective.

Is there any current student who might be able to help?

Thanks guys!!!

-Utkarsh
Manager
Manager
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 07:27
utkarshprabhat wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:

I had sent a mail on 9th October to mba@rotman.utoronto.ca but I have not received a response.
I am guessing that contacting the members of the admissions committee directly instead of using the umbrella email ID might be more effective.

Thanks guys!!!

-Utkarsh

I believe better to write a mail to Ally Morrow (with high priority)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2017, 07:50
avdgmat4777 wrote:
utkarshprabhat wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:

Thanks guys!!!

-Utkarsh

I believe better to write a mail to Ally Morrow (with high priority)

Just received an email from Richard:

"We were previously experiencing a technical glitch with our recommendation e-mail process. This issue has now been resolved and your reference should now have received their reference request."
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 11 Oct 2017, 07:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  50    Next  [ 986 posts ] 

Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap