Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 2.68
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
ashu14 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Firstly i read all the posts and each one of them is really informative regarding the application process, and what profile would be a fit to apply at Rotman.

I am planning to apply at Rotman too for the coming fall semester! i just had few doubts regarding the application process. It would be great if anyone could help or direct me to a post that has the necessary information.

My GMAT is in November, so i would definitely be missing the first round of application. But in the mean time could i register on the admission page and complete the other formalities like transcripts, essays, resumes? Or i have to wait till i get my GMAT score and then start the application process.
Yes u can & should do that ...

Also, should I wait till the second round of applications start or i should submit my application soon as i am ready with my GMAT score? Because i think i read somewhere that Rotman has rolling admission process!
Yes its rolling so go ahead ...& apply asap..

Thanks in advance guys, cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Refer to blue text above...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 2.68
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
mihir0710 wrote:
ashu14 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Firstly i read all the posts and each one of them is really informative regarding the application process, and what profile would be a fit to apply at Rotman.

I am planning to apply at Rotman too for the coming fall semester! i just had few doubts regarding the application process. It would be great if anyone could help or direct me to a post that has the necessary information.

My GMAT is in November, so i would definitely be missing the first round of application. But in the mean time could i register on the admission page and complete the other formalities like transcripts, essays, resumes? Or i have to wait till i get my GMAT score and then start the application process.
Yes u can & should do that ...

Also, should I wait till the second round of applications start or i should submit my application soon as i am ready with my GMAT score? Because i think i read somewhere that Rotman has rolling admission process!
Yes its rolling so go ahead ...& apply asap..

Thanks in advance guys, cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Refer to blue text above...

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 600 Q42 V31
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:
theproductplan wrote:
Hi All - I submitted my application last Saturday and I just received an e-mail with an invitation to an interview! After such a grueling year visiting universities and deciding on Rotman, seeing that e-mail was a great relief. I'm not getting ahead of myself yet...there's still work to do but I thought I'd share my experiences for the video interview portion.

I think the best thing to do is start off by listening to the podcast by Niki da Silva (Admission's director for Rotman). I found this entire entry so useful throughout my application process. It provided valuable insight into the video portion of the interview and why the school decided to take this approach. I'm also including a link to a webpage which provided some insights into what to expect through this exercise (see below):

Podcast: https://blog.accepted.com/whats-really- ... -da-silva/

How to prep: https://blog.accepted.com/tips-for-vide ... estions-3/

In terms of my experience, the questions were a bit unexpected but not something anyone should freak out about. No technical questions were asked and just like the podcast highlights, it was more about getting to know me as a person (my questions were: 'What motivates you?' and 'Name a film that has had an impact on your life'). My suggestion would be to be honest and keep it conversational. Smile and enjoy the experience :) I won't lie, I was so taken back by that movie question that I actually enjoyed pondering the answer for 20 seconds before answering. Just as Aaliyah537 highlighted, the written portion was pretty straight forward and requires you to just draft an e-mail...nothing too problematic and I'm sure a lot of us have dealt with much worse in our working environments.

In terms of my preparation, I spent the week listing my interests and hobbies and thinking about why I'm passionate about each. On top of that, I reviewed my reasons for pursuing the MBA, why Rotman, general work competency questions (explain to us how you dealt with a difficult situation etc.) and I practiced by recording videos on skype. Make sure you're dressed well and you're in a well lit (calm) environment.

I think the main thing is to imagine this entire process as if you're meeting someone for the first time and how you'd answer this question outside of an interview setting. That really helped me get into the right mindset. Keep breathing and enjoy it guys! :D

Wow. Cool. Those are nice points. Even I submitted on Saturday. Nothing yet. All the best for the interview.

Mind sharing your profile?

Apologies for the delay Gnpth ! Here's my profile as requested:

Background and Nationality: British – UK Citizen (Male – 27)

Postgrad/Undergrad Information: University of Birmingham: MSc Stategic Marketing & Consulting (Distinction), University of Birmingham: BSc Mathematics with Business Management (Upper Second Class Honours) - I think this would equate to a 3.5 GPA

GMAT: 600 (Q42, V31) - This was the bane of my life!

Work Experience: Management Consultant (across 2 top tier Global firms and now with my own company providing services to a large retail bank in the UK). Focused specifically on Agile Transformation, Product Management, Analytics and Project Management. 5+ years work experience in Consulting

Industry: Banking & Financial Services, FMCG, FinTech, Local Government
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Congratulations! :D

I couldn't submit my application as I was looking for payment option. Could you please tell where in website can I find the option to pay the $195 fee using a credit card?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Could anyone please tell me how to make the application fee payment? Where to find the option?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 460 Q31 V21
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Kudos
mazhar7624 wrote:
Could anyone please tell me how to make the application fee payment? Where to find the option?

in the last tap of the application, go for payment, enable pop-up in your browser.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I have reported my GMAT score and I have mailed my transcript to Rotman longtime back. Does anyone know how long does it take in the online application portal for these two aspects to reflect as 'received'?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
avdgmat4777 wrote:
I have reported my GMAT score and I have mailed my transcript to Rotman longtime back. Does anyone know how long does it take in the online application portal for these two aspects to reflect as 'received'?

Hi avdgmat4777 - For me the GMAT score took 2 weeks or so before it appeared as 'Received' on my application. Now for the transcript it depends on how you sent it. If you sent it yourself then it needs to be unopened and in an envelope with an official seal from your University or College. This is for admissions to verify that it's a genuine transcript. If you sent it in an envelope that you bought yourself then I think admissions would consider this unofficial. I would e-mail admissions to get this verified. I found it easier to order transcripts directly from my university then specify in the delivery instructions that it should be sent directly to Rotman. The key thing for the school is that the document can be traced back to your university.

From what I've seen through this forum, if you want your application to get a quick review, getting the official transcript processed properly to start off with helps a lot. I submitted my application in full on the 30th September and had an interview offer a week later. Funnily enough I had my interview with Chris Jones today and I'm waiting to hear back on how it went...fingers crossed it went well.

If you need further information on the transcript requirements, take a look at the link below and check under the 'Undergraduate' section. The transcript guide explains everything. Good Luck!

https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... HowToApply
Manager
Manager
Send PM
theproductplan wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:

Hi avdgmat4777 - For me the GMAT score took 2 weeks or so before it appeared as 'Received' on my application. Now for the transcript it depends on how you sent it. If you sent it yourself then it needs to be unopened and in an envelope with an official seal from your University or College. This is for admissions to verify that it's a genuine transcript. If you sent it in an envelope that you bought yourself then I think admissions would consider this unofficial. I would e-mail admissions to get this verified. I found it easier to order transcripts directly from my university then specify in the delivery instructions that it should be sent directly to Rotman. The key thing for the school is that the document can be traced back to your university.

From what I've seen through this forum, if you want your application to get a quick review, getting the official transcript processed properly to start off with helps a lot. I submitted my application in full on the 30th September and had an interview offer a week later. Funnily enough I had my interview with Chris Jones today and I'm waiting to hear back on how it went...fingers crossed it went well.

If you need further information on the transcript requirements, take a look at the link below and check under the 'Undergraduate' section. The transcript guide explains everything. Good Luck!

Thank you very much for the information theproductplan. It helped.
Can you share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
avdgmat4777 wrote:
theproductplan wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:

Sure thing, happy to! It was a really relaxed interview...felt more like a conversation rather than someone grilling you with a lot of questions. Chris was straight forward from the start explaining how the process would work and highlighting the fact that he would be listening but would have to take notes (so he'd be looking down quite a bit). Questions were ok and similar to what some of the others experienced throughout their process (Why Rotman and why Canada? What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time? What question do you wish I had asked you?). I found my prep work helped a lot as I spent a week noting down potential competency questions (such as why Rotman) and noting down examples I could focus on. Having a rough idea of work experience/personal examples you can use really helped me and I think it factored into the interview feeling more like a good conversation rather than someone assessing you. With good prep work and having solid examples under your belt, I think this would be a good interview process. I hope this helps!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
Okay, so I submitted my application for R1 but I am still curious to know do I really need to send them Hard copy of Transcript?

Is there anyone who has been interviewed and who didn't send them the transcript?

I am worried now. :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ivey '19 (S)
GPA: 3.17
Send PM
Kudos
abhimahna wrote:
Okay, so I submitted my application for R1 but I am still curious to know do I really need to send them Hard copy of Transcript?

Is there anyone who has been interviewed and who didn't send them the transcript?

I am worried now. :(

Hi Abhimahna,

I had checked with the admission office and they confirmed that you may send your transcripts after an admission decision. No need to send it before that.

Hope that's what you were asking for

Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
ramleela wrote:

Hi Abhimahna,

I had checked with the admission office and they confirmed that you may send your transcripts after an admission decision. No need to send it before that.

Hi ramleela ,

You know what you have given life to someone dying. :-D

Would that be possible for you to share the email? I want to read the exact words and sleep peacefully tonight. :)

Kudos to you. :thumbup:

Thanks for your help. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ivey '19 (S)
GPA: 3.17
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
ramleela wrote:

Hi Abhimahna,

Hi ramleela ,

You know what you have given life to someone dying. :-D

Would that be possible for you to share the email? I want to read the exact words and sleep peacefully tonight. :)

Kudos to you. :thumbup:

Thanks for your help. :)

Sure. Appending the transcript below.
-----------
Hi,

It is ok to submit the official transcript should an offer be given, it will be conditional on receiving the official transcript.

Best,

Lynda
-----------

Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
ramleela wrote:
Sure. Appending the transcript below.
-----------
Hi,

It is ok to submit the official transcript should an offer be given, it will be conditional on receiving the official transcript.

Best,

Lynda
-----------

Thank you so much. This helps. :)

Finally done with all my apps now. :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
theproductplan wrote:
avdgmat4777 wrote:
theproductplan wrote:

Sure thing, happy to! It was a really relaxed interview...felt more like a conversation rather than someone grilling you with a lot of questions. Chris was straight forward from the start explaining how the process would work and highlighting the fact that he would be listening but would have to take notes (so he'd be looking down quite a bit). Questions were ok and similar to what some of the others experienced throughout their process (Why Rotman and why Canada? What do you see yourself doing in 5 years time? What question do you wish I had asked you?). I found my prep work helped a lot as I spent a week noting down potential competency questions (such as why Rotman) and noting down examples I could focus on. Having a rough idea of work experience/personal examples you can use really helped me and I think it factored into the interview feeling more like a good conversation rather than someone assessing you. With good prep work and having solid examples under your belt, I think this would be a good interview process. I hope this helps!

Definitely, it helps.
Thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 443 [0]
Given Kudos: 752
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi All,

I have 76.7% in my B.Tech.. Am I eligible to Apply for Rotman?? Please help.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts