GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2019, 09:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Ivey '21 (A$)
GRE 1: Q160 V165
GPA: 3.5
Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 May 2019, 01:44
MBAPrepCoach
I don't think this is possible, I did ask them about this and well they politely told me that they couldn't accommodate my request. So I guess once you make that choice of making yourself available for the 'MBA in India" program, you pretty much give up your right to decide between the two campuses.

Originally posted by architect786 on 01 May 2019, 01:03.
Last edited by architect786 on 01 May 2019, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 01:10
If you are of the caliber to receive a scholarship at Ivey, seems weird to me they would pass on you because of this. So dumb. Anyways, Ivey is great, as you know the post-MBA visa is shorter than for 2-year programs but the prospects are brighter! Make good use of your time between now and March so you can focus on school not recruitment once you get there. Good luck, take some warm clothes.

architect786 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
I don't think this is possible, I did ask them about this and well they politely told me that they couldn't accommodate my request. So I guess once you make that choice of making yourself available for the 'MBA in India" program, you pretty much give up your right to decide between the two campuses. Although it seems Schulich are prepared to admit anybody and everybody into their Indian campus so that's there.

Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 01:52
MBAPrepCoach
Thank you so much for the input. I am a Canadian Pr so the work permit issue is inconsequential really.
That's very valid advice to make the best use of my time before the program starts. I have been looking at ways to do this and to get the best out of this unique case-method learning that Ivey is famous for.
I am a CFA level 1 candidate now and prepping for the December exam. I thought that would help me with the foundation as I am from a non-business background and provide me with the tools to reap the maximum benefits.

Is there anything else you would reckon that I look into before the program starts? Any advice would be most welcome.
Thank you again :)
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 01:57
architect786 great to hear that the work permit situation will not impact you. What are your goals? That will help me with ideas. I would strongly recommend that you get on the Facebook live for HBS tomorrow they are doing a Facebook live specifically on the case method. Featuring a professor and a few students. It's at 3:45 just research the HBS Facebook page

http://mbaprepcoach.com
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 02:27
MBAPrepCoach
That's an amazing piece of information. I will attend the FB live for sure. Thank you.
I am interested in consulting, Strategy consulting to be precise. I understand its especially challenging to get into MBB but I am open to any interesting opportunities that could come up with any one of the big four. I understand networking is of paramount importance and also doing well at school but yes, Consulting is what I am interested in.
INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 22:15
architect786 sorry for the bad information, the HBS FB live on case method is actually Thursday not Wednesday!
https://www.facebook.com/HarvardBusinessSchool/

architect786 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach
That's an amazing piece of information. I will attend the FB live for sure. Thank you.
I am interested in consulting, Strategy consulting to be precise. I understand its especially challenging to get into MBB but I am open to any interesting opportunities that could come up with any one of the big four. I understand networking is of paramount importance and also doing well at school but yes, Consulting is what I am interested in.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2019, 21:29
Hi everyone,

Is there a Facebook or Whatsapp group for schulich MBA 2019 students? Would like to be a part of the group.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 580 Q32 V37

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 10:25
Hi! Is there a fb/what’s app group specifically for IMBA students?

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 11:43
ns91 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Is there a Facebook or Whatsapp group for schulich MBA 2019 students? Would like to be a part of the group.

Thanks!

Yes there is actually... PM me your details
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2019, 11:45
unzm wrote:
Hi! Is there a fb/what’s app group specifically for IMBA students?

Not sure about IMBA. But there is a WhatsApp group for 2019 Fall selected MBA folks.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 04 Jun 2019, 11:45

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   [ 150 posts ] 

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc