GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2019, 23:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 23:52
Any Whatsapp Group for Keele Campus?
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2019, 13:58
Rejected for Sept, 2019 intake. Can I apply for Jan, 2020?
N how is Jan MBA program different from September?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2019, 14:29
malhadhr wrote:

let me know if you find one.. nobody seems to be replying for that..
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2019, 12:03
Hi!
Anyone who is Schulich Sept'19 admit and joining?
I'm trying to find out folks who will be joining or if there is any WhatsApp group?
Intern
Intern
B
Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Mar 2019, 08:59
Hey all,

Made a group for the Sep Keele campus intake. Please feel free to join.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/JJZByJBEgnJG2KjBEiAP27

Originally posted by malhadhr on 17 Mar 2019, 22:41.
Last edited by malhadhr on 23 Mar 2019, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 10:45
Anyone with an admit from Schulich School of Business? MBA in India program?

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2019, 10:46
sakshigovil21 wrote:
Hi!
Anyone who is Schulich Sept'19 admit and joining?
I'm trying to find out folks who will be joining or if there is any WhatsApp group?

Hi, Sakshi. I've received an admit, too. Let me know if you find a WhatsApp group :)

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Mar 2019, 00:56
Hi guys,

I have been admitted for the Sep 2019 intake. But my post MBA goals is in Finance-Equity research or corporate development. I am an Indian Chartered accountant and have a total of 3 years experience in accounting advisory and process offshoring in PwC. However Schulich is the only offer I have and it seems that it is known mainly for marketing. Rotman and Ivey are the ones for finance placements based on what I gathered from some Alumni. Please help me evaluate whether I should reject the admit and reapply next year or whether Schulich does place finance students in the chosen area.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 03:42
Applied in Round 2 and didn't hear anything for 45 days and got a mail with the below content a few days ago:

Thank you for your interest in the Schulich School of Business, and your application to our MBA program.

Due to overwhelming number of applications for this intake, we are reaching capacity in our programs for spaces for international students.

At this time we wanted to provide you with a number of options to consider in regards to your application.

1. Roll your application over into the first round of admissions for the Winter 2020 MBA intake in Toronto. Your application will be evaluated in Round 1 when it opens, you would not have to reapply.
2. Allow your application to be considered for our MBA in India program for Fall 2019. Although both programs have limited spaces available, this would give you more opportunity to be evaluated for two programs instead of just one.
3. Cancel your application for the Fall 2019 intake but receive an application fee waiver for applying for a future MBA intake beyond January 2020.

Not sure what to do. I have a good profile and am really interested to do an MBA in Canada.
Any one else got this?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 04:21
sushforgmat wrote:
Applied in Round 2 and didn't hear anything for 45 days and got a mail with the below content a few days ago:

Thank you for your interest in the Schulich School of Business, and your application to our MBA program.

Due to overwhelming number of applications for this intake, we are reaching capacity in our programs for spaces for international students.

At this time we wanted to provide you with a number of options to consider in regards to your application.

1. Roll your application over into the first round of admissions for the Winter 2020 MBA intake in Toronto. Your application will be evaluated in Round 1 when it opens, you would not have to reapply.
2. Allow your application to be considered for our MBA in India program for Fall 2019. Although both programs have limited spaces available, this would give you more opportunity to be evaluated for two programs instead of just one.
3. Cancel your application for the Fall 2019 intake but receive an application fee waiver for applying for a future MBA intake beyond January 2020.

Not sure what to do. I have a good profile and am really interested to do an MBA in Canada.
Any one else got this?

Hey,

I haven't received this response but would want to give my opinion on the same. Your decision would depend on multiple factors, so try to rank those factors (1 to 5) first so that you know where to start from and how to filter out your options. For eg :

Arranging the factors from highest order of priority :

~ Country ( This might be the starting point for you as you are keen on pursuing MBA from Canada)
~ Time ( This is crucial because you would want to assess whether you are comfortable with starting your program in 2020)
~ University preference ( Your profile is definitely good which is why Schulich is offering multiple options and has not given a clear rejection. If Schulich is your first preference, its worth analysing the options they have given. Whereas, if you have admits from other universities which you feel are good enough and you do not want to delay your MBA, then take a call accordingly)

All in all, if Schulich is your first preference out of all the admits you have received and you do not want to delay your MBA, then do your research on the 'MBA in India' program. This option takes care of you being able to study in Canada though in the second year. Try to connect with students enrolled in this program as they would be able to clear any program / work permit related queries that you may have.

I hope this helps. Stay calm and focus on your priority list. I am sure you would take the right decision for yourself.

:-)
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE: General Management (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 27 Mar 2019, 07:13
casperatwork wrote:
sushforgmat wrote:

Any one else got this?

Hey,

I haven't received this response but would want to give my opinion on the same. Your decision would depend on multiple factors, so try to rank those factors (1 to 5) first so that you know where to start from and how to filter out your options. For eg :

Arranging the factors from highest order of priority :

~ Country ( This might be the starting point for you as you are keen on pursuing MBA from Canada)
~ Time ( This is crucial because you would want to assess whether you are comfortable with starting your program in 2020)
~ University preference ( Your profile is definitely good which is why Schulich is offering multiple options and has not given a clear rejection. If Schulich is your first preference, its worth analysing the options they have given. Whereas, if you have admits from other universities which you feel are good enough and you do not want to delay your MBA, then take a call accordingly)

All in all, if Schulich is your first preference out of all the admits you have received and you do not want to delay your MBA, then do your research on the 'MBA in India' program. This option takes care of you being able to study in Canada though in the second year. Try to connect with students enrolled in this program as they would be able to clear any program / work permit related queries that you may have.

I hope this helps. Stay calm and focus on your priority list. I am sure you would take the right decision for yourself.

:-)

Appreciate your take on this.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 07:48
Hi,
I got an admit for the MBA in India Program (Sept 2019 intake). Besides, I have an admit to SP Jain School of Global Management. Any views on Schulich vs SP Jain Global?

Thanks in anticipation!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 19:13
Any WhatsApp group for Keele Campus?

MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2019, 22:50
Have you ever got a chance to talk to career services team of Schulich and find out whether the companies you are looking to work for after MBA recruit there? If not, then I will highly recommend you to talk to them first and, if possible, to current students as well before taking any decision. It takes great amount of time and energy to put in to those apps, and it may not be a wise decision to decline the offer without conducting proper research. Good luck!

lathav wrote:
Hi guys,

I have been admitted for the Sep 2019 intake. But my post MBA goals is in Finance-Equity research or corporate development. I am an Indian Chartered accountant and have a total of 3 years experience in accounting advisory and process offshoring in PwC. However Schulich is the only offer I have and it seems that it is known mainly for marketing. Rotman and Ivey are the ones for finance placements based on what I gathered from some Alumni. Please help me evaluate whether I should reject the admit and reapply next year or whether Schulich does place finance students in the chosen area.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2019, 03:57
Simranb1395 wrote:

Hi Simran. I got an admit from Schulich School Of Business India Program.

Do we have an existing Whatsapp group?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 04:44
malhadhr wrote:

Please find the Whatsapp group link:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Icvvi2fhpkN5oxaPqqOueN
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2019, 04:44
mrinalrastogi wrote:
Simranb1395 wrote:

Please find the link:
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: McCombs '21 (S)

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2019, 00:08
sakshigovil21 wrote:
mrinalrastogi wrote:
Simranb1395 wrote:

Please find the link:

Hi, is this group for MBA in India program admits?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Ivey '21 (A$)
GRE 1: Q160 V165
GPA: 3.5
Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 00:14
well got into MBA in India which sucks, Schulich seems to be shepherding all the Indian applicants to their India program, and I believe this is a downgrade as you lose out on major networking opportunities.
So if anybody is applying to their program, make sure you check the opt out of "Indian MBA" option or else they would by default put you in there by virtue of you being an Indian.
Anyway, I decided to reject my admit and opted for Ivey which is in a different league to Schulich and arguably the no.1 program in Canada.
INSEAD School Moderator
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2019, 00:53
I think you made the best choice but do you know - if someone puts up a fight, in certain cases, will they allow you to switch campuses?

architect786 wrote:
well got into MBA in India which sucks, Schulich seems to be shepherding all the Indian applicants to their India program, and I believe this is a downgrade as you lose out on major networking opportunities.
So if anybody is applying to their program, make sure you check the opt out of "Indian MBA" option or else they would by default put you in there by virtue of you being an Indian.
Anyway, I decided to reject my admit and opted for Ivey which is in a different league to Schulich and arguably the no.1 program in Canada.

Re: Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021   [#permalink] 01 May 2019, 00:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 151 posts ] 

Calling all Schulich MBA Applicants:(2019 Sept Intake) Class of 2021

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: pushpitkc