Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Other
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all SDA Bocconi Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Hi Rebecca and Shibin

I also waited a month before I heard anything. I had my interview on March 29 and was accepted into the program on April 29. I still havent heard about the LBM track, as I was told its very competitive and they are still reviewing all the applications.

I hope you are both able to hear something soon.

I will say that on the website they say that it could take up to 12 weeks for them to make an admission decision from the time of application and I submitted my application in the beginning of February, so it did take 12 weeks almost to the day til I heard bck on the admission decision

Best of luck to you both, hopefully you hear something soon, i know the wait can be nerve-racking.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Operations, Statistics
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all SDA Bocconi Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Hi rebeccamenghua,

I got a reply to my enquiry mail saying they will update soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Tanya
Congrats for get admitted in the program and I hope you will hear the good news from the school for the LBM track, did you took a second interview for your acceptance of LBM?

Tanya0418 wrote:
Hi Rebecca and Shibin

I also waited a month before I heard anything. I had my interview on March 29 and was accepted into the program on April 29. I still havent heard about the LBM track, as I was told its very competitive and they are still reviewing all the applications.

I hope you are both able to hear something soon.

I will say that on the website they say that it could take up to 12 weeks for them to make an admission decision from the time of application and I submitted my application in the beginning of February, so it did take 12 weeks almost to the day til I heard bck on the admission decision

Best of luck to you both, hopefully you hear something soon, i know the wait can be nerve-racking.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Shibin
Thank you for your helpful feedback.
Good luck to both of us!!
Rebecca

shibin wrote:
Hi rebeccamenghua,

I got a reply to my enquiry mail saying they will update soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Rebecca

I have not taken a second interview. I followed up with my admissions rep and she has said my application was still being reviewed for the LBM track and they will provide me an update soon. I do not know if I will be invited for a second interview or if they will make a decision.. are you waiting for confirmation on the LBM track only or admittance into the MBA?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Tianya

I didn't apply LBM track, but a friend of mine applied and she is going to be interviewed soon. The email she received noted that the interview is the last step to get admitted.
So I was thinking only one interview is required for LBM track candidates for now. I suppose it is a high peak for the admission office now....

Rebecca

Tanya0418 wrote:
Thank you Rebecca

I have not taken a second interview. I followed up with my admissions rep and she has said my application was still being reviewed for the LBM track and they will provide me an update soon. I do not know if I will be invited for a second interview or if they will make a decision.. are you waiting for confirmation on the LBM track only or admittance into the MBA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks for letting me know about the second interview Rebecca. I have not received an email about that yet :(
so hopefully I will receive something soon on this, or better yet just an acceptance!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Just been admitted! See you in September!

What are people thinking about accommodation for the year? use the school's recommendations or find your own?
What about internships? will you continue to pay rental if you move city?
Has anyone done the Pre-course tests Bocconi sent?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Maggels wrote:
Just been admitted! See you in September!

What are people thinking about accommodation for the year? use the school's recommendations or find your own?
What about internships? will you continue to pay rental if you move city?
Has anyone done the Pre-course tests Bocconi sent?

Hi Maggels

Congratulations on your acceptance!
I was waiting for Bocconi to send more information on the reccomendations for housing but if i didnt like i was going to find my own. Did you apply for the LBM track as well? I am also concerned about how long to secure accomodation for as I was hoping to do my internship in another part of Europe. I havent done the precourse tests because I knew I was going to take all the pre-courses regardless. my bakcground is not a business background so ill need all the help I can get!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I will wait a to hear from Bocconi and their housing advisor before making a decision. In my past experience it may be more effort but one finds far better value renting on their own. A lease signed with a clause to sub-let, or something to that extent may be very useful in the case of an internship away from Milan. AirBnb in summer in Milan should be very effective.

I had a look at the Pre-course material and the tests are far more challenging than I had anticipated. I thought it would be short tests but the Quantitative assessment is 3 hours! I am an economics major which helps but i am reconsidering taking the pre-courses, which initially I was not going to, as I am sure it will be better to be in a good groove when the course starts.

I have not applied for LBM.

I am a 30 Year old South African with an entrepreneurial background having started and operated my own businesses, mainly in the Food and Beverage industry.
Look Forward to meeting all of you!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Maggels wrote:
I will wait a to hear from Bocconi and their housing advisor before making a decision. In my past experience it may be more effort but one finds far better value renting on their own. A lease signed with a clause to sub-let, or something to that extent may be very useful in the case of an internship away from Milan. AirBnb in summer in Milan should be very effective.

I had a look at the Pre-course material and the tests are far more challenging than I had anticipated. I thought it would be short tests but the Quantitative assessment is 3 hours! I am an economics major which helps but i am reconsidering taking the pre-courses, which initially I was not going to, as I am sure it will be better to be in a good groove when the course starts.

I have not applied for LBM.

I am a 30 Year old South African with an entrepreneurial background having started and operated my own businesses, mainly in the Food and Beverage industry.
Look Forward to meeting all of you!

Wow thats great! I am looking forward to meeting everyone too, one of the things I liked about Bocconi was the diversity of the class :) I am Canadian from Toronto, and have worked mainly in communications, sales and marketing roles in the financial services industry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi all, thank you for sharing your info about admissions! I just got in, here is my story:
Submitted my application on April 29th. On May 14th was invited to an interview (I did my interview via Skype). Need to add note about this: it was my first Skype interview and I did not like this experience. If you have an option to do in person - do it! It took the school a week and couple of days to get back to me with an offer and they gave me 10 days to pay the first installment.
Many people wonder if they should reach out to admissions to ask when they should expect the answer - do not be afraid, if you have a reason to ask - ask! I have an offer from another school which expires soon, so I have reached out to admissions and asked them what is their time frame. They were very nice about it (and my timing was perfect since I got my offer the next day).
Tanya0418 I am also from Toronto! Hopefully Bocconi will create facebook group and we can chat there (:
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am admitted to SDA Bocconi MBA.
i would like to thanks members of this forum for their support whenever i needed.
whether anyone received any communication from SDA Bocconi for scholarships.
hope to see you all in Milan in September 2016.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat or facebook group for class of 2017?
if yes, i would like to join that group.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I am not aware of the group but we can certainly create one! We can call it Bocconi MBA16-17

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think that's actually a good idea, my whasapp: +86 18518207071 if you guys add me, let's build a group talk there :)

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello friends!!!!!!!

Rebecca has created a https://gmatclub.com/chat group.
To join the group, please message Rebecca on her mobile number +86 18518207071.
hope to see you there friends!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts