It is currently 23 Feb 2018, 23:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 13:06
ishank17 wrote:
Hi All,

I just recieved an email from Tepper regarding my app being incomplete and after checking I noticed that it says they have not recieved my GMAT scores yet , I did not have the scores officially sent to Tepper since I thought we just needed to type in our scores in the application. Can someone let me know if I am missing something here ?

Cheers

http://tepper.cmu.edu/~/media/files/tep ... ctions.pdf (see end of page 2)

gauravmohta02 wrote:
Hi! Any idea if all the R1 interview invites are already out or can we expect more to be sent out?

You can expect more to be sent out at a later time.

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 13:09
At a later time would mean?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 22:14
In the email i received last night regarding missing docs with my application. They specifically mentioned that they need these docs by the 3rd Nov for my application to still be considered in R1. This tells me they are still reviewing apps and maybe around the first week of November or a bit later we can expect more invites. Making a few assumptions here of course.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 22:15
alwaysudit wrote:
ishank17 wrote:
Hi All,

I just recieved an email from Tepper regarding my app being incomplete and after checking I noticed that it says they have not recieved my GMAT scores yet , I did not have the scores officially sent to Tepper since I thought we just needed to type in our scores in the application. Can someone let me know if I am missing something here ?

Cheers

You need to send your official score report for your application to be complete. Hope that helps

Thanks!
Kellogg Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 04:54
Any idea when Tepper stops sending out interview invites?

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 05:36
ishank17 wrote:
In the email i received last night regarding missing docs with my application. They specifically mentioned that they need these docs by the 3rd Nov for my application to still be considered in R1. This tells me they are still reviewing apps and maybe around the first week of November or a bit later we can expect more invites. Making a few assumptions here of course.

I def. think you guys can expect more interview invites. I do not see why there wouldn't be more. I am sure they haven't yet gone through all the applications. It seems like they only had one large day of interview invites so far.

"Never, Never, Never give in."

From 510 to 770:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/510-to-770-49q-46v-7ir-what-worked-for-me-2-years-176580.html#p1394349

From 2 dings to multiple admits (use Paul Bodine):
http://gmatclub.com/forum/best-admissions-consulting-companies-2015-season-190156.html#p1492255

Current Student
Schools: Olin '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 10:54
ishank17 wrote:

I also got mail for missing document but couldn't find out what actually is missing. I already got interview invitation. I did not submit toefl. Any idea if it mandatory for all or we can get waiver ?
Current Student
Reviews Badge
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 18:35
This post was
BOOKMARKED
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Tepper Interview Debrief:

Scheduled the interview on the 14th October with Emily Archambeault.

She was very kind and started off with a pep talk about the weekends, travel plan etc. We even discussed about my marriage and came to know that she is about to get married very soon. She told me that she had not gone through my complete application and just had my resume with her.

Then started the typical conversation. Would list down the questions.

1. Why MBA
Related to it my present experience and aspired role. How MBA will helpme and How Tepper will help me
2. Why Tepper
Interdisciplinary approach
Nobel laurets
Consulting Club- Boot camp, Sunday Night interviews, Consulting Trek
Small class size. Stron relationship with faculty and students.
3. Job roles and Responsibilities
4. What difficulty is your organization facing
5. One incident where you worked with senior team. How did you work and how did you learn
6. Cultural Differences faced in organization
7. What if not Management Consulting
8. Conflicting Situation. How you handled it
9. Extracurricular activities.
10. Name of students you interacted with. How was the experience.
11. Do you have anything to ask.
Asked about the typical day at Tepper and about Scholarship.
She told that she would connect me with the students and the financial aid team

I think that is pretty much it. It lasted for half an hour exact.
Feel free to ask any questions. Would be glad to help out.

Hey ankurgupta03 or anyone else that knows the answer:

Do we have to bring any transcripts to our interview or resume or anything else for that matter?

From 510 to 770:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/510-to-770-49q-46v-7ir-what-worked-for-me-2-years-176580.html#p1394349

http://gmatclub.com/forum/best-admissions-consulting-companies-2015-season-190156.html#p1492255

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 03:54
tarunsengar wrote:
ishank17 wrote:

I also got mail for missing document but couldn't find out what actually is missing. I already got interview invitation. I did not submit toefl. Any idea if it mandatory for all or we can get waiver ?

I received a similar email and when I checked the application portal even I couldn't find what was missing.
When I called up the number and spoke to Dana, she told me my transcripts were not legible and that they need my University's grading system.

After mailing them those details, I have got another email mentioning they need something from the university on the grading system used.

I am not sure if they still don't know how Indian University grade students. I did inform that the grading system was based out of 100 and passing marks were 45/100 for
each subject. Anyone else received similar query from the admissions committee at Tepper?

Though to me it seems Interview invitation has got nothing to do with the completeness of the application.

I don't know if getting everything I want would make me happy, but the opposite is not working at all!!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 04:34
neosumit wrote:
tarunsengar wrote:
ishank17 wrote:

I received a similar email and when I checked the application portal even I couldn't find what was missing.
When I called up the number and spoke to Dana, she told me my transcripts were not legible and that they need my University's grading system.

After mailing them those details, I have got another email mentioning they need something from the university on the grading system used.

I am not sure if they still don't know how Indian University grade students. I did inform that the grading system was based out of 100 and passing marks were 45/100 for
each subject. Anyone else received similar query from the admissions committee at Tepper?

Though to me it seems Interview invitation has got nothing to do with the completeness of the application.

I think Tepper has sent interview invites based on GMAT and resume, and I think they have been pretty generous in sending out interview invites .
As far as the understanding of Indian grading system is concerned , Tepper has nearly 20% Indians and CMU has the highest percentage of Indian students in US , I don't think they wouldn't be familiar with the grading system .
Kellogg Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 17:32
My application still says submitted.

Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2014, 18:26
neosumit wrote:
tarunsengar wrote:
ishank17 wrote:

They need an official record of what the grading system is. For example, for my university, behind the original consolidated marks sheet are details of grading:
70% and above - First Class with Distinction
60% - 70% - First class
........etc

This is what Tepper needs. Even if you've informed them of your grading system on the phone, they cant just take your word for it. :) They need official confirmation. Just check your original college marks memos. You should be able to find the grading system. Once you do, scan that page along with your marks transcript and mail it to them again.

Follow my blog: My Journey to Business School

Current Student
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 06:20
Anyone going to Diversity Weekend next week?

From 510 to 770:

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 21:48
Hi had my interview yesterday. Pretty similar questions to what have been asked from other candidates. Lets see how things turn out.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2014, 19:57
vandanasathpathy wrote:
They need an official record of what the grading system is. For example, for my university, behind the original consolidated marks sheet are details of grading:
70% and above - First Class with Distinction
60% - 70% - First class
........etc

This is what Tepper needs. Even if you've informed them of your grading system on the phone, they cant just take your word for it. :) They need official confirmation. Just check your original college marks memos. You should be able to find the grading system. Once you do, scan that page along with your marks transcript and mail it to them again.

Sorry for not being clear. I didn't inform over phone about the grading system but explained them over an email.
My mark-sheets don't specify the gradation though the Division/Class is clearly indicated in my Degree certificate.
However how the division is arrived at has no mention anywhere.
I do recollect something similar to what you indicated in my HSC marksheets but unfortunately Mumbai University is not one of the most proficient in this regard.

However after giving a detailed explanation I didn't get any response and got an email mentioning that my application is complete and will now be reviewed.

I think there have been no new interview invitees but I have less hopes now.

I don't know if getting everything I want would make me happy, but the opposite is not working at all!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2014, 05:00
Has anyone received an interview invite since the first wave went out ?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2014, 08:22
Hi,

I am about to apply to Tepper for R2.
Could any of the applicants who have applied to R1, help me with the TOEFL waiver documentation.
What specific document do I need to upload for this prompt?
I have completed my Computer Engineering from Mumbai Univ.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2014, 09:58
geneticsgene wrote:
Hi,

I am about to apply to Tepper for R2.
Could any of the applicants who have applied to R1, help me with the TOEFL waiver documentation.
What specific document do I need to upload for this prompt?
I have completed my Computer Engineering from Mumbai Univ.

Thanks.

If your official transcript mentions that the mode of instruction was English, that would suffice. Or else you could get a certificate made from your college stating the same. I did just tat and they accepted.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2014, 09:59
Has the status on the website changed for any one of you? I am done with my interview and received mail from Tepper that my application is under review. But the status on website still shows "submitted".
Kellogg Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 04:38
mybjourney wrote:
Has the status on the website changed for any one of you? I am done with my interview and received mail from Tepper that my application is under review. But the status on website still shows "submitted".

Mine also says 'submitted'.

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 27 Oct 2014, 04:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  40    Next  [ 788 posts ] 

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap