GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Aug 2018, 15:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Johnson '17 (S)
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 10:37
So you thank me by giving me kudos for this:

I finally called the admissions office at the school a few minutes back. They informed that they have BARELY sent out any invites yet..they said they have a fairly extensive process and that invitation to interview are sent in small batches all the way upto the 1st week of December- so have no fear!

gonna sleep much better tonight, hope this helps you guys too! (with one hand on the refresh for my email though ;) )
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 10:46
I have my interview in next 45 mins.. Feeling nervous :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 10:53
chill bro, tell them how it is! sure you'll do well!
Kellogg Thread Master
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 11:12
crazystan wrote:

I finally called the admissions office at the school a few minutes back. They informed that they have BARELY sent out any invites yet..they said they have a fairly extensive process and that invitation to interview are sent in small batches all the way upto the 1st week of December- so have no fear!

gonna sleep much better tonight, hope this helps you guys too! (with one hand on the refresh for my email though ;) )

My man, I feel like making ten accounts just to thank you for this! :)

All that matters, comes after the word 'but'.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 11:41
finmaster wrote:
crazystan wrote:

My man, I feel like making ten accounts just to thank you for this! :)

I know the feeling bud! had to post as soon as I found this out!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
WE: Operations (Transportation)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2014, 19:58
Had my interview with Ryan Astor on 27th Oct. I am a sailor working ashore currently. So this is how it started

1. You have 6 years of extensive experience in shipping industry, why MBA ?
2. Why Tepper ?
3. What do you do to bridge the gaps while working in international environment ?
4. How do you convince the old school guys the importance of analytical abilities in making management decisions ?
5. Tell me an example where you had a under performing colleague and how did you deal with it ?
6. Tell me an example where you had conflict with senior management and how did you solve it ?
7. What are you doing presently to improve your management skills and analytical abilities since you mentioned that you do not have a business background.
8. Dig little deeper into your post mba goals.
9. What do you do when you are not sailing or not working ?
10. Any questions for me ?

The interview lasted exactly 30 mins as mentioned by others as well. It was more of a friendly chat rather than an interview.

Best of luck guys :thumbup:
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2014, 13:39
Hey guys, first time writing here. I have my in-person coming up in few days. Does anyone know if adcoms conduct blind interview or have they read the interviewee's application prior to the interview?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2014, 23:05
You can be pretty sure they know all there is to know about your application...the trend does suggest a similar line of questions, so review those for sure
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Supply Chain Management (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 04:53
any chance of getting results before 18th or all applicants will be informed of the final results on 18th only.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 21:04
Got invited to the interview! :D I think the second batch of invites have started rolling in!

My Application Experience

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 21:13
razordude1717 wrote:
Got invited to the interview! :D I think the second batch of invites have started rolling in!

Really happy for you razordude! I knew you would get an invite! I got one coming tomorrow..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 21:18
kh31 wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:

Really happy for you razordude! I knew you would get an invite! I got one coming tomorrow..

Haha! Thanks!

This is a big relief! And there goes the 'Ding' I had put in my profile the last time around. Hopefully, stuff looks up from here. Although the top 3 schools in my list are looking bleak (with Duke's reject already). Hoping for the best for the rest. :)

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 21:23
razordude1717 wrote:
kh31 wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:

Haha! Thanks!

This is a big relief! And there goes the 'Ding' I had put in my profile the last time around. Hopefully, stuff looks up from here. Although the top 3 schools in my list are looking bleak (with Duke's reject already). Hoping for the best for the rest. :)

Congrats man , and all the best for the interviews , nail them !!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 22:33
I believe i have been invited to interview as well. I got an email about 4 hours back saying that Tepper's records show that I have been invited to interview but I have not scheduled my interview yet. I have not received any interview invitation email ( I check my spam on a daily basis these days and have all Tepper ID's directly forwarded to my inbox) . Either way, I hope its not a mistake and that I truly have been invited.

Could anyone post their interview invite email here ? Preferably , someone who has received an invite in the past few days.

Cheers,
Ishan
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 22:43
ishank17 wrote:
I believe i have been invited to interview as well. I got an email about 4 hours back saying that Tepper's records show that I have been invited to interview but I have not scheduled my interview yet. I have not received any interview invitation email ( I check my spam on a daily basis these days and have all Tepper ID's directly forwarded to my inbox) . Either way, I hope its not a mistake and that I truly have been invited.

Could anyone post their interview invite email here ? Preferably , someone who has received an invite in the past few days.

Cheers,
Ishan

TEPPER MBA INTERVIEW INVITATION

Dear XYZ

Greetings from the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon!

Based on an initial review of your application, the admissions committee invites you to interview with a member of our admissions team. Interview availability is limited and the schedule fills on a first-come, first-serve basis, so you'll want to register as soon as possible. Please note that in order to be considered for admission to the Tepper MBA program, you are required to complete an interview.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2014, 22:51
razordude1717 wrote:
ishank17 wrote:

Cheers,
Ishan

Dear XYZ

Based on an initial review of your application, the admissions committee invites you to interview with a member of our admissions team. Interview availability is limited and the schedule fills on a first-come, first-serve basis, so you'll want to register as soon as possible. Please note that in order to be considered for admission to the Tepper MBA program, you are required to complete an interview.

Thanks for the quick response. If possible, could you also let me know what email id you got this email from ?

Cheers,
Ishan
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 00:28
ishank17 wrote:
razordude1717 wrote:
ishank17 wrote:

Cheers,
Ishan

Dear XYZ

Thanks for the quick response. If possible, could you also let me know what email id you got this email from ?

Cheers,
Ishan

Hi Ishan,

I got interviewed a while ago. I got the email from Kelly R. Wilson - Tepper Masters Admissions <tprmadm@andrew.cmu.edu> with the subject as "Tepper MBA Interview Invitation". Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 11:08
Seems like Tepper is sending interview invitations to a high percentage of the applicants!!
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 19:14
kregula1034 wrote:
Seems like Tepper is sending interview invitations to a high percentage of the applicants!!

In that case, I am worried (no invite yet)
Intern
Intern
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2014, 22:38
Sooooo DAMN ANTSY NOW!!!!! Even though they told me that invites will go out all the way through Novemeber. wish id just know either way!! :!: :?: :!:
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 &nbs [#permalink] 30 Oct 2014, 22:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  40    Next  [ 788 posts ] 

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap