It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 07:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: 334 Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2015, 05:13
I flew out of Pittsburgh yesterday and it was pretty far from being a blizzard, at least by western PA standards. In any case, I doubt it would have much impact on interview invitations. I think they just had a ton of applicants this round.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 18:08
I think they are pretty much done with the interview invitations...its 23rd of feb...I don't expect an invitation anymore...

Current Student
Schools: Olin '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 21:30
Docshruts wrote:
I think they are pretty much done with the interview invitations...its 23rd of feb...I don't expect an invitation anymore...

I'm planning to wait till the end of this week and then write to them. I feel we can remain hopeful till the end of first week of March.. Dunno..
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2015, 11:47
Was there supposed to be a feedback confirmation email post the interview coz I didn't get any...just an email saying my application is complete and up for review!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tepper '17 (II)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2015, 12:45
Hi,

I received the email to provide feedback on my visit. I thought it was meant for those who visited the campus for the interview.

THANK YOU FOR VISITING CAMPUS
Dear ,

Thank you for your recent visit to the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University. We enjoyed having you on campus and hope you found your visit to be informative and pleasant. We would greatly appreciate it if you could take a moment to give us some feedback on your campus visit program.

At your convenience, please complete the online Prospective Student Visit Feedback Survey so that we can continue to improve the experience for future visitors. We encourage you to be as candid and honest as possible in providing feedback, therefore, providing your name is optional if you wish to remain anonymous.

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at mba-admissions@andrew.cmu.edu or by phone at 412.268.5687. Again, thank you for your time and we hope to see you back at the Tepper School in the near future!
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2015, 21:39
Anu22 wrote:
Was there supposed to be a feedback confirmation email post the interview coz I didn't get any...just an email saying my application is complete and up for review!

No, I do not think that I received any mail post the interview...

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 03:40
Anu22 wrote:

Nope. No feedback mail for Skype interviews.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 05:14
RB3007 wrote:
Anu22 wrote:

Nope. No feedback mail for Skype interviews.

The feedback survey had some questions related to how beneficial the campus tour and class visits were. It would not be as relevant to skype candidates.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 07:41
freeflow wrote:
Docshruts wrote:

I'm planning to wait till the end of this week and then write to them. I feel we can remain hopeful till the end of first week of March.. Dunno..

In my opinion, it is done! I don't expect anymore invites.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
GMAT 2: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 3: 630 Q47 V30
GPA: 3.48
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 10:04
Does anyone here received waiver for your application fee? Just wonder if this is why they can do a very fast preliminary scan of the applications...I just want to know if a candidate received such thing could possibly lead to bigger chance of admittance (maybe R1 admitted applicants can shed some light on this) or they just randomly give away the waiver...
Current Student
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 10:10
patartob wrote:
Does anyone here received waiver for your application fee? Just wonder if this is why they can do a very fast preliminary scan of the applications...I just want to know if a candidate received such thing could possibly lead to bigger chance of admittance (maybe R1 admitted applicants can shed some light on this) or they just randomly give away the waiver...

I have received a waiver and applied round 2, so don't know the final decision yet.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Other (Health Care)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 10:59
20MBA15 wrote:
patartob wrote:

I have received a waiver and applied round 2, so don't know the final decision yet.

I received the waiver as well...Round 2...No decision yet...not even an interview call
Current Student
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 12:02
20MBA15 wrote:
patartob wrote:

I'm R2 with a waiver also so I don't have an acceptance, but I discussed this with one of the current students while I was there for my interview. He seemed to be under the impression that the person or committee that gives out the waivers is different than the adcom that decides our fate. So it would seem that a waiver probably has a minimal impact on acceptance.
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 20:04
patartob wrote:

I do not think there is a correlation at all.
Waivers are given based on the GMAT performance even before you submit the application.

BTW I did not get a waiver.
Hop this helps!

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE: Project Management (Other)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 21:08
I received a feedback / survey email after the skype interview. General questions about the experience during the interview and quality of interaction with the interviewer. It was anonymous survey and totally voluntary.

Raves, rants and war stories of First Year MBA Students

Received an offer? Congrats! You might want to 'Negotiate the Offer'.

I'm happy to help if you wanna know about Ross & UMich, but please do not come to me with your GMAT issues or questions. And please add a bit of humor to your questions or you'll bore me to death.

Current Student
Schools: Olin '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 21:23
ankurgupta03 wrote:
patartob wrote:

I do not think there is a correlation at all.
Waivers are given based on the GMAT performance even before you submit the application.

BTW I did not get a waiver.
Hop this helps!

No, I don't think it is based on GMAT performance either. I received the app fee waiver email 15 days before my GMAT date.
And yeah I received the waiver, but no interview invite yet :(
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: Kellogg '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 03:46
This post received
KUDOS
rsettles3 wrote:
20MBA15 wrote:
patartob wrote:

I'm R2 with a waiver also so I don't have an acceptance, but I discussed this with one of the current students while I was there for my interview. He seemed to be under the impression that the person or committee that gives out the waivers is different than the adcom that decides our fate. So it would seem that a waiver probably has a minimal impact on acceptance.

I'm R2 applicant, and also got a payment waiver. But I did get an interview invitation very early. Here's my timeline:

12/24: Submitted my application and was notified that I got a payment waiver
1/8: Received the interview invitation
1/15: Interview done
1/29: Received an email telling me that my application is complete and under review.

Hope this helps.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.38
WE: Operations (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 04:39
For what it's worth, I think the fee waivers could be the result of how involved you've been with the Adcom. I don't think it is exclusively GPA or GMAT based, though it is possible that involvement with the Adcom and GPA/GMAT are factors.

I visited campus twice (1 year apart) and spoke with an Adcom member on the phone before applying and I received the fee waiver. My GMAT was a 640 at that point...
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2015, 06:15
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Anu22 wrote:

No, I do not think that I received any mail post the interview...

alright...nothing to worry then :) thank you people!!
Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: 334 Q169 V165
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2015, 07:32
APY89 wrote:
For what it's worth, I think the fee waivers could be the result of how involved you've been with the Adcom. I don't think it is exclusively GPA or GMAT based, though it is possible that involvement with the Adcom and GPA/GMAT are factors.

I had also been in touch with the adcom while getting ready to apply and asked them to match Kenan-Flagler's fee waiver for high GMAT scores. They obliged.

On another note, we're less than four weeks out from decision day!
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2015, 07:32

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  40    Next  [ 788 posts ] 

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: abhimahna

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap