Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 531
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 3: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE:Project Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 158
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Calling all Tepper MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
hi, is there any chance of getting the R1 results atleast few days before dec7th deadline?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.08
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
I sure hope they release it early.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
cena wrote:
hi, is there any chance of releasing the R1 results atleast few days before dec7th deadline?

I think they are going to release the decisions only on Dec 7.

That is what I have noticed from previous years.

Originally posted by Nikhil on 20 Nov 2022, 08:20.
Last edited by Nikhil on 20 Nov 2022, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Nikhil wrote:
cena wrote:
hi, is there any chance of releasing the R1 results atleast few days before dec7th deadline?

I think they are going to release the decisions only on Dec 7.

That is what I have noticed from previous years.

ok
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prepGirl wrote:
I sure hope they release it early.

fortunately it should happen.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Do you receive any confirmation for application fee waiver once you complete chart your MBA journey?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi Everyone,
I am yet to receive decision on interview invite. Is anyone aware when can i expect that ?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
lalaland1234545 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I am yet to receive decision on interview invite. Is anyone aware when can i expect that ?

You can expect a decision by Dec 7 which is the decision day for Round 1 applicants
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
I have not received any update whether I will be called for an interview or not. Is Dec 7 still holds true for this as well ?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes. All the round 1 applicants will receive a decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I am in a dilemma now. I got an admission offer from ISB and must pay around 6lacs INR by Jan2023 to confirm admission. But I am waiting for Tepper results to be announced by Dec 7th. As per the Tepper website, by Feb 2023 I need to pay the first installment if admitted. So can I apply for F1 visa between Dec 2022 to Feb 2023, after I get F1 visa, can I pay the first deposit, and what if my student visa is rejected, will my first deposit be returned? When is the right time to apply for F1 visa? Can someone please share your thoughts on this? Please don't mind if this is a vague question.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [1]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
cena wrote:
Hi, I am in a dilemma now. I got an admission offer from ISB and must pay around 6lacs INR by Jan2023 to confirm admission. But I am waiting for Tepper results to be announced by Dec 7th. As per the Tepper website, by Feb 2023 I need to pay the first installment if admitted. So can I apply for F1 visa between Dec 2022 to Feb 2023, after I get F1 visa, can I pay the first deposit, and what if my student visa is rejected, will my first deposit be returned? When is the right time to apply for F1 visa? Can someone please share your thoughts on this? Please don't mind if this is a vague question.

1. I am yet to hear about someone having their visa rejected on GMAT Club. Maybe people don’t posted much but I have not seen student visa. Rejection reports at least on GMAT Club. I’m sure someone can dig up a crazy ass horror story, but you can do that for anything. As long as you are truthful on your application, and have legitimate plans to attend a business school, F1 visa should not be a concern.

2. I’m not sure how I SB admit comes in to play here. My guess is you don’t want to let that go before you get a student visa?

3. It sounds you are from India, I suggest visiting or googling for time frames related to F1 visa’s. Last time I checked for India, you could apply for the student visa no earlier than 60 days before starting school. That was the rules six months ago. Maybe things have changed but even if they have, you will not get your I 20 till after paying the deposit and confirming, attendance of the school. Otherwise, if anyone could just get in admits to any random junkie business school and get a visa without paying a deposit and confirming admission, this would be a major fraud issue, which would result in to a lot of F1 visa‘s getting rejected. However, the system doesn’t work that way and not many people are rejected for business school visas.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
cena wrote:

1. I am yet to hear about someone having their visa rejected on GMAT Club. Maybe people don’t posted much but I have not seen student visa. Rejection reports at least on GMAT Club. I’m sure someone can dig up a crazy ass horror story, but you can do that for anything. As long as you are truthful on your application, and have legitimate plans to attend a business school, F1 visa should not be a concern.

2. I’m not sure how I SB admit comes in to play here. My guess is you don’t want to let that go before you get a student visa?

3. It sounds you are from India, I suggest visiting or googling for time frames related to F1 visa’s. Last time I checked for India, you could apply for the student visa no earlier than 60 days before starting school. That was the rules six months ago. Maybe things have changed but even if they have, you will not get your I 20 till after paying the deposit and confirming, attendance of the school. Otherwise, if anyone could just get in admits to any random junkie business school and get a visa without paying a deposit and confirming admission, this would be a major fraud issue, which would result in to a lot of F1 visa‘s getting rejected. However, the system doesn’t work that way and not many people are rejected for business school visas.

Thank you BB for the response. Yeah you are right, ISB starts its classes from april. So i would like to clear F1 visa and fee payment in advance to avoid any hindrances to Tepper and would subsequently leave ISB. Otherwise, if i reject ISB and also face F1 visa issue then my admission attempts to this year will be exhausted.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
cena wrote:

Thank you BB for the response. Yeah you are right, ISB starts its classes from april. So i would like to clear F1 visa and fee payment in advance to avoid any hindrances to Tepper and would subsequently leave ISB. Otherwise, if i reject ISB and also face F1 visa issue then my admission attempts to this year will be exhausted.

Got it. Let me put it in shorter form too - I do not think you will be able to get your visa before June or July timeframe. I’m sorry for the bad news. Though as mentioned, I think the risk of visa issues is fairly low, though definitely not zero. The only reason to worry is if you have previous unsuccessful, US visa attempts.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
cena wrote:

Got it. Let me put it in shorter form too - I do not think you will be able to get your visa before June or July timeframe. I’m sorry for the bad news. Though as mentioned, I think the risk of visa issues is fairly low, though definitely not zero. The only reason to worry is if you have previous unsuccessful, US visa attempts.

Yeah even I am worried and not willing to sacrifice Tepper to ISB. I didnt attempt for any visa till now, this would be my first one from india, though my H1B visa was not picked in the lottery process this year.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ha. I see your concern about the visa… You have been scarred by the H1B lottery process. My apologies about that. F1 is different but clearly not guaranteed.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:
Ha. I see your concern about the visa… You have been scarred by the H1B lottery process. My apologies about that. F1 is different but clearly not guaranteed.

Yeah, no problem. I will try my best and see how far I can take this.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  57