GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Mar 2019, 07:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all the Columbia J-term 2020 applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all the Columbia J-term 2020 applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2018, 05:30
goenkashreya wrote:
Got admitted recently. Any group for admitted students?

Congratulations! There is a Facebook group which you can join once you get access to the admitted students section.
Just curious, are you planning to attend CBS? I can see you have multiple admits.
Cornell Tech Thread Master
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 01:02
anibjoshi wrote:
goenkashreya wrote:

Congratulations! There is a Facebook group which you can join once you get access to the admitted students section.
Just curious, are you planning to attend CBS? I can see you have multiple admits.

It's a tough choice between Columbia and Cornell Tech (50k Scholarship) but I think I am taking up Columbia. Any insight appreciated :) I still don't see this group - Which section is it under in the MBA admitted students page.
INSEAD Thread Master
D
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 09:11
Big congrats on your success; scholarship of any size, for an Indian, is something to be cherished. However, my inclination is to go with CBS.
Would recommend you contact recent alums of both schools via Linked In advanced search (or your own network) and find out which group represents the most satisfied customer. Also, consider how you plan to use your MBA. If you want to go into VC or PE cachet matters. What do you want your MBA to do for you after it is all over, is my question.

goenkashreya wrote:
anibjoshi wrote:
goenkashreya wrote:

It's a tough choice between Columbia and Cornell Tech (50k Scholarship) but I think I am taking up Columbia. Any insight appreciated :) I still don't see this group - Which section is it under in the MBA admitted students page.

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Cornell Tech Thread Master
B
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 07:44
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Big congrats on your success; scholarship of any size, for an Indian, is something to be cherished. However, my inclination is to go with CBS.
Would recommend you contact recent alums of both schools via Linked In advanced search (or your own network) and find out which group represents the most satisfied customer. Also, consider how you plan to use your MBA. If you want to go into VC or PE cachet matters. What do you want your MBA to do for you after it is all over, is my question.

[/quote]

Thanks!! I am definitely very glad to have received the scholarship and both the admits. I am a non-technical product manager with a focus on e-commerce. I am not looking at VC/PE as much as the big tech firms like Amazon, Google. I have spoken to students from both universities. Both have been positive. CBS definitely has an edge but given Cornell Tech seems to be very forward-thinking and should help me get to an Amazon.
INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 22:28
Hi WestCoast7 is there a reason you decided against CBS and did EWMBA at Haas?
WestCoast7 wrote:
I was accepted to J-Term on June 27th. I submitted my application a day after the application went live as I had prepared everything ahead of time. Truly thrilled to attend CBS next year!

Farrell Dyan

INSEAD Thread Master
D

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2019, 22:34
There is absolutely a difference in the application admin rate for regular term versus January term however you need to be a suitable applicant, like a family business or some situation where you really don't need an internship. Otherwise you're just going to drag down their stats because you didn't get an internship and you're trying to get a job. So it's a great opportunity for those who truly do not need an internship but if that is not you don't try to beat the system here

maayo wrote:
Guys, be real with me- is there any difference in the competitiveness of CBS regular admission vs the J Term?

Farrell Dyan

Intern
Intern
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 04:33
Hello,

Is it advisable to apply to Columbia J-term program who is 36 years of age?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all the Columbia J-term 2020 applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Mar 2019, 04:33

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 67 posts ] 

Calling all the Columbia J-term 2020 applicants!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap