Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 239 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UGA Terry MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Anyone get an offer of admission yet? I was interviewed on 19th Feb and was sent an email for admission decision on 21st. I was unfortunately rejected but anyone who got letter of acceptance for R3?
Retired Moderator
Affiliations: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UGA Terry MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
rohitsingh1303 wrote:
Anyone get an offer of admission yet? I was interviewed on 19th Feb and was sent an email for admission decision on 21st. I was unfortunately rejected but anyone who got letter of acceptance for R3?

I was admitted from R3
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
That's great JJCCshg. Congrats. What's your work domain? And also what's your GMAT score? I have around 49 months of experience in building web applications and software products. I have 700 GMAT and I think my interview went well but donno why they rejected me :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
rohitsingh1303 wrote:
That's great JJCCshg. Congrats. What's your work domain? And also what's your GMAT score? I have around 49 months of experience in building web applications and software products. I have 700 GMAT and I think my interview went well but donno why they rejected me :(

So I never took the GMAT. It was waived due to my experience. I have a military background and a decent undergrad GPA, however I got my undergrad in two years, so my GPA looks a little better because of that. Not really sure what all they look for. Did you do an in-person interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Im an international applicant ..so it was a skype interview. I wanted an off-campus interview but the slots were not available in my country. Interview experience was good but I didnt get an admit. Anyway I have given couple of other interviews..hopefully will get into one of those. Congrats again buddy ;)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
rohitsingh1303 wrote:
Im an international applicant ..so it was a skype interview. I wanted an off-campus interview but the slots were not available in my country. Interview experience was good but I didnt get an admit. Anyway I have given couple of other interviews..hopefully will get into one of those. Congrats again buddy ;)

Best of luck to you my friend.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
rohitsingh1303 wrote:

Rohit

Let me break a myth here. Admission business school is not completely governed by GMAT score and Work Ex. A large component of the mix is cultural fit. Terry has a very very strong cultural match and they wouldn’t hesitate to reject anyone who might not have that.
Having said that let me share a real life story of a friend: this fellow had a 770 on the GMAT and got admitted to Wharton and Duke. He chose Duke because he personally felt he would melt well within Duke’s culture that Wharton’s party life/socializing culture.
Moral: don’t take it personally. You wouldn’t fit into all but definitely into some. When you apply to a school show some intent into your application that says how you would fit into that class culturally. Don’t feel bad, i can assure that you have a fantastic profile and you will make it to a top B-school.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
WaterFlowsUp wrote:
rohitsingh1303 wrote:

Rohit

Let me break a myth here. Admission business school is not completely governed by GMAT score and Work Ex. A large component of the mix is cultural fit. Terry has a very very strong cultural match and they wouldn’t hesitate to reject anyone who might not have that.
Having said that let me share a real life story of a friend: this fellow had a 770 on the GMAT and got admitted to Wharton and Duke. He chose Duke because he personally felt he would melt well within Duke’s culture that Wharton’s party life/socializing culture.
Moral: don’t take it personally. You wouldn’t fit into all but definitely into some. When you apply to a school show some intent into your application that says how you would fit into that class culturally. Don’t feel bad, i can assure that you have a fantastic profile and you will make it to a top B-school.

Thanks a lot bud for taking time and replying here. You are right..Its about how well I would fit into the program rather than just my scores and skills. I got couple of good admits, so I dont really have any complaints but I just wanted to know why I was rejected. I know there are lot of factors that go into it and you can't pinpoint one or two...but out of all the schools I interviewed, Terry gave out the first decision and I was rejected in my very first decision. Huge bummer and I started to think I wont get any admits at al..but things changed and I got some good admits. Anyway thanks again for taking time and replying here..have an awesome weekend ;)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
There you go. I knew you would carve out some great admits. Congratulations!! Enjoy your spring time. Keep working on your linkedin. Try to get a subscription to HBR and get acquainted with world business and that would prep you up real good for internship search (read battle). And oh course don’t forget to party a lot. Tou deserve it!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
WaterFlowsUp wrote:
There you go. I knew you would carve out some great admits. Congratulations!! Enjoy your spring time. Keep working on your linkedin. Try to get a subscription to HBR and get acquainted with world business and that would prep you up real good for internship search (read battle). And oh course don’t forget to party a lot. Tou deserve it!

Yup I will. Thanks a lot again . Take care u too :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72883 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All Terry Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All Terry Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All Terry Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated Terry Forum to dive into all things related to Terry's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts