Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:38 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [2]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 2.99
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q153 V165
GPA: 3.58
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
I interviewed with a member of the admissions committee this week. I do not believe she had seen my application, only my resume. My interview lasted 30 minutes. It was not on Microsoft Teams (as noted in the interview invite) but on Zoom.

Walk me through your resume.
Do you oversee anyone at your current job?
What leadership opportunities have you had?
What do you attribute to the success of your career?
Why do you want an MBA? What are your post mba goals?
Why Marshall?
What will you bring to Marshall?
Have you talked to any students or alumni?
What is one soft skill that you are working to improve on?
What are your top three strengths?
How would your friends describe you?
Is there anything more I should know about you?
Do you have any questions for me?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all USC Marshall MBA Applicants: 2023 Intake Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Kudos
What do you like most about your job?
What could your boss/company improve on?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Trojan420 wrote:
Just got an invite. check your emails.

Did you submit official transcripts again after the application submission?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Send PM
Hi, do guys have any update the round:2 invites ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
StarlordArkansas wrote:
I interviewed with a member of the admissions committee this week. I do not believe she had seen my application, only my resume. My interview lasted 30 minutes. It was not on Microsoft Teams (as noted in the interview invite) but on Zoom. Walk me through your resume. Do you oversee anyone at your current job? What leadership opportunities have you had? What do you attribute to the success of your career? Why do you want an MBA? What are your post mba goals? Why Marshall? What will you bring to Marshall? Have you talked to any students or alumni? What is one soft skill that you are working to improve on? What are your top three strengths? How would your friends describe you? Is there anything more I should know about you? Do you have any questions for me?

One more question was how would your friends describe you.

A tip I would give is to present your answer and then give background information or additional context. I tried explaining why I’m different from my friends and because of this they would describe me a certain way. The interviewer took this that I didn’t understand the question. This might have docked me points.

Another issue I had was anticipating future questions. When they asked why USC Marshall I should have talked about more specifics like classes/clubs/ examples from students I talked to, how specifically USC can help me get from A to B.

I expected them to ask what courses I’m interested in or if I had talked to any students. They didn’t and I didn’t get to “show off”

Originally posted by StarlordArkansas on 01 Feb 2023, 04:28.
Last edited by StarlordArkansas on 01 Feb 2023, 04:33, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
SANDIPAN1988 wrote:

Not yet . India
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Indians not getting any luck from both LA schools it seems.
Darden and UNC Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 198
GRE 1: Q170 V157
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
SANDIPAN1988 wrote:

No luck. frm India.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q168 V157
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Yeah nothing. From India.
But USC has a lot of students from India. Any clue how to track the status. How was the first round stats for Indian students like?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
tomorrow there is an information session, maybe we can ask about the situation for R2 applicants...

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GRE 1: Q162 V156

GRE 2: Q170 V165
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
marinap1 wrote:
tomorrow there is an information session, maybe we can ask about the situation for R2 applicants... Posted from my mobile device

Can you share the session invite?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [0]
Send PM
StarlordArkansas wrote:
I interviewed with a member of the admissions committee this week. I do not believe she had seen my application, only my resume. My interview lasted 30 minutes. It was not on Microsoft Teams (as noted in the interview invite) but on Zoom. Walk me through your resume. Do you oversee anyone at your current job? What leadership opportunities have you had? What do you attribute to the success of your career? Why do you want an MBA? What are your post mba goals? Why Marshall? What will you bring to Marshall? Have you talked to any students or alumni? What is one soft skill that you are working to improve on? What are your top three strengths? How would your friends describe you? Is there anything more I should know about you? Do you have any questions for me?

Actually they did ask me about students that I had talked to because I mentioned 3 now that I think about it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi! I just joined the information session and they said that interview invites are rolling basis and that they still have plenty of time to send invitations...So, just wait for the best....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GPA: 2.56
Send PM
Got the invite for IBEAR program

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Mbaaspirant2023 wrote:
Got the invite for IBEAR program Posted from my mobile device

congrats. when did you submit the app? and would you mind to share your bio?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Got the interview invite as well
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
GRE 1: Q154 V151
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
StarlordArkansas wrote:
StarlordArkansas wrote:

One more question was how would your friends describe you.

A tip I would give is to present your answer and then give background information or additional context. I tried explaining why I’m different from my friends and because of this they would describe me a certain way. The interviewer took this that I didn’t understand the question. This might have docked me points.

Another issue I had was anticipating future questions. When they asked why USC Marshall I should have talked about more specifics like classes/clubs/ examples from students I talked to, how specifically USC can help me get from A to B.

I expected them to ask what courses I’m interested in or if I had talked to any students. They didn’t and I didn’t get to “show off”

Thank you for sharing StarlordArkansas

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  47