GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 03 Jun 2020, 18:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2020, 16:00
1
1
ChiMBA2020 wrote:
So.... do we think there is a chance for tomorrow or going to have to wait until next week?


At this point, I’m now sure. Since it wasn’t today (going off last year’s data), nothing seems to be certain except that calls will be coming out to all admits on March 18.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Feb 2020
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Mar 2020, 07:57
Next week should be the week fellas! Im pumped

Posted from my mobile device
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Mar 2020, 12:59
Jefflosta wrote:
Next week should be the week fellas! Im pumped

Posted from my mobile device


We’ll see. I hope so!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Dec 2018
Posts: 21
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2020, 07:06
fatmike wrote:
Jefflosta wrote:
Next week should be the week fellas! Im pumped

Posted from my mobile device


We’ll see. I hope so!



Same here! I am hoping you were right and it's 1 week after final interviews (like last year).... in that case, we should hear today?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Feb 2020
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2020, 09:06
I think its going to be Thursday of this week (following last year trend)

Posted from my mobile device
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Mar 2020, 16:15
Last year, WL admits got a call two weeks before the round 2 deadline on a Thursday. That didn’t happen this year. Two years ago, WL admits got a call a week before the round 2 deadline on a Tuesday. That’s tomorrow! We’ll see if tomorrow is the day soon.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Dec 2018
Posts: 21
GPA: 3.7
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2020, 07:38
fatmike wrote:
Last year, WL admits got a call two weeks before the round 2 deadline on a Thursday. That didn’t happen this year. Two years ago, WL admits got a call a week before the round 2 deadline on a Tuesday. That’s tomorrow! We’ll see if tomorrow is the day soon.

Posted from my mobile device



Basically the data shows that it is totally random over the last few years with little to no consistency... I hope we all get calls today, but realistically it could be any time.... or even the 18th along with R2.... perhaps the virus has delayed things...
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2020, 11:28
Yeah, it could be anytime. I think it’ll be this Thursday though. All the WL admits generally come at once.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Dec 2018
Posts: 21
GPA: 3.7
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2020, 12:52
2
fatmike wrote:
Yeah, it could be anytime. I think it’ll be this Thursday though. All the WL admits generally come at once.

Posted from my mobile device



I hope it actually happens tomorrow / this week. This wait is rough. :please
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Feb 2020
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2020, 11:40
wooops... I guess they might make us wait till the 18th?
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2020, 12:21
Who knows what is going on at this point, but I think Coronavirus is creating some problems. They just announced all UChicago classes are moving to online! Pay all that money to take an online class with no networking? I’m also assuming First Day for round 2 is canceled. Wow.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 23
Location: Italy
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 00:51
fatmike wrote:
Who knows what is going on at this point, but I think Coronavirus is creating some problems. They just announced all UChicago classes are moving to online! Pay all that money to take an online class with no networking? I’m also assuming First Day for round 2 is canceled. Wow.

Posted from my mobile device


I would very hope they cancel it. Keeping it going would be irresponsible. They might do it together with R3?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Feb 2020
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 08:38
Filipo are you in italy?? what is your plan if they don't lift the traveling restrictions by sept? Stay safe!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 23
Location: Italy
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 13:07
Jefflosta wrote:
Filipo are you in italy?? what is your plan if they don't lift the traveling restrictions by sept? Stay safe!!


Yes I am indeed. I'm all good, just spending a lot of time inside :/

no idea what's gonna happen, for now I'm just hoping for an acceptance, I'll think later how to get there!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Feb 2020
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 14:17
Good luck my friend! I am sure you will get in. Just a couple more days to go :)
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2020, 14:38
FilippoGesuato wrote:
Jefflosta wrote:
Filipo are you in italy?? what is your plan if they don't lift the traveling restrictions by sept? Stay safe!!


Yes I am indeed. I'm all good, just spending a lot of time inside :/

no idea what's gonna happen, for now I'm just hoping for an acceptance, I'll think later how to get there!


Did you do anything in addition to the waitlist video? Were you able to visit before the virus?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Jun 2019
Posts: 23
Location: Italy
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2020, 10:12
fatmike wrote:
FilippoGesuato wrote:
Jefflosta wrote:
Filipo are you in italy?? what is your plan if they don't lift the traveling restrictions by sept? Stay safe!!


Yes I am indeed. I'm all good, just spending a lot of time inside :/

no idea what's gonna happen, for now I'm just hoping for an acceptance, I'll think later how to get there!


Did you do anything in addition to the waitlist video? Were you able to visit before the virus?

Posted from my mobile device


oh actually I'm a round 2 applicant, just lurking around here, I might be waitlisted too who knows. I did visit a couple of times already anyway.

good luck to everyone!
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2020, 10:24
We will all find out Wednesday! Booth calls all accepted applicants.

For WL applicants from round 1, we’ll either get a call on Wednesday or a portal update on Thursday with a ding or to remain on the WL.

For round 2 applicants, you’ll either get a call on Wednesday or a portal update on Thursday with a ding or WL offer.

In either case, if you don’t get Wednesday you’ve got a ding or WL on Thursday.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Dec 2019
Posts: 18
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2020, 14:52
fatmike wrote:
We will all find out Wednesday! Booth calls all accepted applicants.

For WL applicants from round 1, we’ll either get a call on Wednesday or a portal update on Thursday with a ding or to remain on the WL.

For round 2 applicants, you’ll either get a call on Wednesday or a portal update on Thursday with a ding or WL offer.

In either case, if you don’t get Wednesday you’ve got a ding or WL on Thursday.

Posted from my mobile device


fatmike

What if for any reason an applicant misses the call, will the adcom call again or call the other cellphone number listed in the application?
Cheers mate!
Booth Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 24 Aug 2019
Posts: 259
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2020, 15:07
MartRob wrote:
fatmike wrote:
We will all find out Wednesday! Booth calls all accepted applicants.

For WL applicants from round 1, we’ll either get a call on Wednesday or a portal update on Thursday with a ding or to remain on the WL.

For round 2 applicants, you’ll either get a call on Wednesday or a portal update on Thursday with a ding or WL offer.

In either case, if you don’t get Wednesday you’ve got a ding or WL on Thursday.

Posted from my mobile device


fatmike

What if for any reason an applicant misses the call, will the adcom call again or call the other cellphone number listed in the application?
Cheers mate!


They’ll leave you a message and tell you to call back. The number will come from a 773 area code.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2020, 15:07

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 134 posts ] 

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: fatmike, ambera33, carbazzy






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne