GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 May 2020, 09:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2020, 15:58
fatmike wrote:
ChiMBA2020 wrote:
fatmike wrote:
Do you guys have your $3,000 ready to pay Booth?

Posted from my mobile device

I think it might be a bad assumption, but those with the career and money to apply should be able to pay the deposit or easily get a student loan....

Did you apply anywhere else? Assuming you got into multiple places, you could be losing deposit money at many places...

Booth is really the only place I want to go... lots of eggs in one basket lol
Booth Moderator
G
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2020, 13:56
Round 1 WL and Round 2 admissions calls begin tomorrow morning. According to last year’s info, calls will begin as early as 830am ct and will go all day. Good luck and see you all in the chatroom tomorrow!

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 06:44
fatmike wrote:
Round 1 WL and Round 2 admissions calls begin tomorrow morning. According to last year’s info, calls will begin as early as 830am ct and will go all day. Good luck and see you all in the chatroom tomorrow!

US Candidate, got WL in R1, Accepted this AM, Phone call around 9am CT.
Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 06:47
ChiMBA2020 wrote:
fatmike wrote:

US Candidate, got WL in R1, Accepted this AM, Phone call around 9am CT.

Where in the US are you located?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 09:10
Hey folks - I'm another R1 waitlister who just got the call we've all been hoping for! It came at about 12:45 pm ET from an 847 number (I imagine the admissions team is working from home, so it might not be a 773 as previously reported). I'm in the Midwest (not Chicago).

I've been lurking this forum for months, big shout out to fatmike for holding down the fort. Looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall!
Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2020, 12:52
Looks like a good day for a lot of round 1 WL applicants. FATMIKE got in too!!!

Booth Moderator
G
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 07:24
Looks like a lot of round 2 applicants got WL today. Don’t worry, you’re still on track for admission! Start working on your WL video and seeing where you can improve your application. If you have questions, PM me. Best of luck and FATMIKE will be here!

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 09:05
For those waitlisted, do you know how long do you have until you have to submit the video?
CBS School Moderator
S
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.67
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 09:50
Best of luck to those newly on the WL or still hanging on, we already were fortunate to see some good movement on the R1 WLs so stay optimistic! Especially in these uncertain times likely that schools and individuals are still figuring things out.

Big shoutout to Mike for holding it down all the way back to R1 interview invites, if anyone has questions I'm sure he's the best place to start. I can also help where I can!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2020, 13:10
mws3 wrote:
For those waitlisted, do you know how long do you have until you have to submit the video?
Videos are due by Thursday, April 9th — 3 weeks from today. The message on the portal also says by, not on, and it doesn't mention a time, so I would plan on having the video submitted at least the day before.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Mar 2020, 21:15
Hey guys,

Aside from the video response and possibly updated GMAT/resume, is anyone considering sending the adcom a brief update as well to reemphasize the desire to attend booth? I didn't see clear instructions to NOT contact the adcom in the waitlist F&Q. Thoughts?
Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2020, 07:54
wiltoh wrote:
Hey guys,

Aside from the video response and possibly updated GMAT/resume, is anyone considering sending the adcom a brief update as well to reemphasize the desire to attend booth? I didn't see clear instructions to NOT contact the adcom in the waitlist F&Q. Thoughts?

You should contact them if you have relevant or significant updates to your profile you want them to know about. As for a desire to attend Booth, that's something your video would be great for! Good luck.
Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2020, 07:57
Some stats on round 1 WL admits. Looks like we had 11/28 get admitted off the waitlist here at GMAT Club. That’s a little under 40%, a huge increase from previous years. There’s still a good chance for everyone waiting!

Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2020, 06:10
Did everyone on the round 2 WL finish the WL video?

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2020, 08:09
fatmike wrote:
Did everyone on the round 2 WL finish the WL video?

Submitting mine tomorrow!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2020, 01:58
Hi -

I am a R2 waitlisted applicant. I submitted a new resume, reflecting a new position I have started. Should I also submit a note / letter alongside this explaining the new role or only the resume is required? Thank you!
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMATClub
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2020, 03:22
MBA2023applicant wrote:
Hi -

I am a R2 waitlisted applicant. I submitted a new resume, reflecting a new position I have started. Should I also submit a note / letter alongside this explaining the new role or only the resume is required? Thank you!

MBA2023applicant

I guess it makes sense to submit a cover letter along with your updated resume explaining what changed and why you think those changes improve your candidacy.

Thanks.
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 07:26
Does anyone know if Booth will let people off the waitlist on an ongoing basis given the current situation or wait until R3 original release date of late May?
Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 07:34
MBA2023applicant wrote:
Does anyone know if Booth will let people off the waitlist on an ongoing basis given the current situation or wait until R3 original release date of late May?

Booth does not do a rolling notification, at least not for this round. They will let waitlisted candidates know if they got in either before, all at once, or during the round 3 notifications.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.46
WE: Analyst (Real Estate)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2020, 18:43
workout wrote:
MBA2023applicant wrote:
Hi -

MBA2023applicant

I guess it makes sense to submit a cover letter along with your updated resume explaining what changed and why you think those changes improve your candidacy.

Thanks.

If it helps, I updated my resume mid-application (not WLed) with a new position at my company, and I did not add a letter for context. I just put in 2 succinct bullets about the new job and what I was to do. This also, however, was before my interview so I knew at that moment I would have the chance to explain.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022   [#permalink] 13 Apr 2020, 18:43

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 134 posts ] 

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: ambera33, carbazzy, fatmike