GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Jul 2020, 03:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '22 (WL)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2020, 08:44
Congrats FilippoGesuato. How long were you given to accept the offer?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Booth '22 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 00:11
yee11 wrote:
Congrats FilippoGesuato. How long were you given to accept the offer?

Until May 8th
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 01:02
FilippoGesuato wrote:
I'm from Italy, applied in R2.

This was my approach:
- thank you email and quick career update after receiving the WL offer (end of March);
- submitted the video, addressing what I believed was a weak spot in my application;
- updated resume (just a slight update with recent achievements (uploaded onto the portal last week);
- also last week, I sent a second email to adcom, confirming my interest in Booth and giving them a few reason why I would accept an offer despite the current COVID situation. In the same email I mentioned I updated my resume and quickly explained the rationale of my video.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats! good job! Who did you email? The general MBA email? Did you include a cover letter with your resume update?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2020, 13:38
thomkatt wrote:
FilippoGesuato wrote:
I'm from Italy, applied in R2.

This was my approach:
- thank you email and quick career update after receiving the WL offer (end of March);
- submitted the video, addressing what I believed was a weak spot in my application;
- updated resume (just a slight update with recent achievements (uploaded onto the portal last week);
- also last week, I sent a second email to adcom, confirming my interest in Booth and giving them a few reason why I would accept an offer despite the current COVID situation. In the same email I mentioned I updated my resume and quickly explained the rationale of my video.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats! good job! Who did you email? The general MBA email? Did you include a cover letter with your resume update?

Thanks! I emailed directly one member of the adcom I met at a couple of Booth events, with whom I had been in contact throughout the application.
I did not submit a cover letter with the resume, but I explained my recent work achievements in the emails I sent.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q164 V165
GPA: 3.74

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 15:33
My original waitlist letter said they will notify me with a decision by May 21. However, that was before they extended the R3 application deadlines for COVID. Does anyone know if the May 21 waitlist notification date still holds?
Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 15:38
xyz123xyz123 wrote:
My original waitlist letter said they will notify me with a decision by May 21. However, that was before they extended the R3 application deadlines for COVID. Does anyone know if the May 21 waitlist notification date still holds?

Yes, if you were waitlisted in round 2 or are still on the waitlist from round 1, you should get an update along with round 3 applicants. For those who applied after the deadline notification will be rolling.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2020, 22:27
Haven't seen much movement on the Booth WL in the last few weeks (they admitted a handful of people 3 weeks back or so I think). What has been their stand with allowing deferrals for admitted students, and do we expect a lot of WL movement next week, or will they continue to keep most peopled WL'd into the summer?
Booth Moderator
G

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 06:01
Round 2 WL and Round 3 admissions calls should be happening today. Good luck to everyone!

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 22:51
Does it make sense to submit an additional waitlist video (WL'd in R2 and again in R3)? I suppose it shows continued interest, but it seems like at this point the decision has more to do with deferrals / what happens with admitted students vs. specific updates from me? Any thoughts?
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.11

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:23
MBA2023applicant wrote:
Does it make sense to submit an additional waitlist video (WL'd in R2 and again in R3)? I suppose it shows continued interest, but it seems like at this point the decision has more to do with deferrals / what happens with admitted students vs. specific updates from me? Any thoughts?

There's a difference between being persistent and keeping someone informed of material changes vs being a desperate stalker.

You mention sending in "another" video. Is this something you do often?

Whatever you do, be professional about it. This is business school afterall ... not a junior high social club.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:35
Regenerate wrote:
MBA2023applicant wrote:

There's a difference between being persistent and keeping someone informed of material changes vs being a desperate stalker.

Whatever you do, be professional about it. This is business school afterall ... not a junior high social club.

This is a pretty unhelpful post / it doesn't seem like you have any insight into the Booth WL process, so not sure why you felt it was necessary to share this. Hoping people who are more familiar with the process or those earlier on the WL for rounds 1 and round 2 as well, can comment.

FWIW - Booth allows you to submit a 60 second waitlist video (3 topics are given) in each round of Waitlist. So someone waitlisted in round 1 can submit a video then. If they are waitlisted again in round 2, they may submit an additional video at that time.
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.79
Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:49
MBA2023applicant wrote:
Regenerate wrote:
MBA2023applicant wrote:

This is a pretty unhelpful post / it doesn't seem like you have any insight into the Booth WL process, so not sure why you felt it was necessary to share this. Hoping people who are more familiar with the process or those earlier on the WL for rounds 1 and round 2 as well, can comment.

FWIW - Booth allows you to submit a 60 second waitlist video (3 topics are given) in each round of Waitlist. So someone waitlisted in round 1 can submit a video then. If they are waitlisted again in round 2, they may submit an additional video at that time.

Recommendation per my consultant is that given we are basically at the end of this process, it's more important that you submit something rather than anything outstanding. People in previous rounds do all sorts of things, edit their videos etc. This time around probably just talking straight into a camera for 60 seconds would be enough. Booth waitlist is usually very deep and at this point no specific piece of info would get you in/or not. More a tick the box exercise.

Presumably you would have deposited at Kellogg by now. Would you realistically give up your Kellogg deposit to go to Booth? If you are seriously going to do that, I think you should let them know that you have an offer from Kellogg but would prefer to go to Booth (but obviously say it in a nice way). They say they don't care, but they do... (per a '17 Boothie).
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:56
Hansyuwiwb wrote:
MBA2023applicant wrote:
Regenerate wrote:
MBA2023applicant wrote:

Recommendation per my consultant is that given we are basically at the end of this process, it's more important that you submit something rather than anything outstanding. People in previous rounds do all sorts of things, edit their videos etc. This time around probably just talking straight into a camera for 60 seconds would be enough. Booth waitlist is usually very deep and at this point no specific piece of info would get you in/or not. More a tick the box exercise.

Presumably you would have deposited at Kellogg by now. Would you realistically give up your Kellogg deposit to go to Booth? If you are seriously going to do that, I think you should let them know that you have an offer from Kellogg but would prefer to go to Booth (but obviously say it in a nice way). They say they don't care, but they do... (per a '17 Boothie).

Thanks, I was thinking along the same lines -- better to submit something to show the interest and effort, not necessarily spending as much time as on the initial R2 video.

I have deposited at Kellogg, but would probably give that up if I was taken off the WL at Booth -- am more financial services focused, for which Booth I think will help me get to where I want to be a bit more easily than Kellogg. Any suggestion of how to let them know I have the other offer? Have seen mixed advice on this (whether to try to leverage offers or not) and as of now have not informed them. Thanks a lot for your help.
BSchool Forum Moderator
S
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 3.11

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 05:10
MBA2023applicant wrote:
Regenerate wrote:
MBA2023applicant wrote:

Never would I intentionally be unhelpful.

Lay out the specifics of your situation if you want a good and specific answer. General questions can generate odd responses (like mine above).

It's obvious you're at least reasonably close ... being WL'd and then staying in the WL again ... so, it might not take much.

Good luck to you!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022   [#permalink] 28 May 2020, 05:10

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 134 posts ] 

Calling all Waitlisted Applicants - Chicago Booth Class of 2022

new topic post reply Update application status