GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 08:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 10:06
Just got an email inquiring if I want to remain on the waitlist. Anyone else received similar communication?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 10:07
sharmaanurag wrote:
Just got an email inquiring if I want to remain on the waitlist. Anyone else received similar communication?

Just received... seems like it's no Kellogg for me :( :(
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.55
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 10:10
sharmaanurag wrote:

I just got one too, but I clicked accept for the waitlist, and now my update says that I removed myself from the waitlist. Anyone else have this issue? I'm contacting Kellogg about it.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 10:16
I faced a similar issue and called them. It's a technical glitch and they are taking care of it.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Operations (Health Care)
Reviews Badge
Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 12:09
Do any of you know how many applicants usually get accepted off the waitlist? I'm assuming it varies on their yield each year but wondering how often it happens if at all.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 21:32
sharmaanurag wrote:
I faced a similar issue and called them. It's a technical glitch and they are taking care of it.

I have got a similar email.

Since there is a technical glitch, will wait for a day or two before accessing the link. If you hear from kellogg regarding resolution of this issue, then please do post it on this group.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2018, 23:56
MayankK wrote:
sharmaanurag wrote:

Since there is a technical glitch, will wait for a day or two before accessing the link. If you hear from kellogg regarding resolution of this issue, then please do post it on this group.

The issue is resolved for me now and correctly reflects my choice.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 00:09
sharmaanurag wrote:
MayankK wrote:
sharmaanurag wrote:

The issue is resolved for me now and correctly reflects my choice.

Thanks for the update. Will post my update.

Good Luck!
Manager
Manager
S
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 12:02
SKas07 wrote:
Do any of you know how many applicants usually get accepted off the waitlist? I'm assuming it varies on their yield each year but wondering how often it happens if at all.

The baseline acceptance rate off the waitlist is usually pretty close to the overall acceptance rate ~20%, but in our experience those who use this opportunity to examine what was lacking in their application, figure out what hang-ups the adcom has about their candidacy, and fix those weaknesses by sending in waitlist letters can experience success rates 3x higher. If you're not sold on the value of writing waitlist letters, here's an article on the topic: Should I send in Waitlist Letters?

Best,
Nate

IvyAdmissionsGroup.com | Want to know your odds of admission? Get our free assessment here.

Apply to business school like you're running for office. You're the candidate. We're your campaign managers.

Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: USMC
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 04 Apr 2018, 14:31
I've started hammering out my waitlist update letter. I'm guessing adcom's concern was on the quant front. There's not exactly enough time to retake the GMAT or give many updates on my Coursera work while I'm putting in 110 hour work weeks. Fortunately, I've had some good news on the professional front that I can share. Any ideas on whether it's best to fire out all that info at once or space it out to keep your candidacy fresh in the minds of adcom?
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 07:49
Rambro1803 wrote:
I've started hammering out my waitlist update letter. I'm guessing adcom's concern was on the quant front. There's not exactly enough time to retake the GMAT or give many updates on my Coursera work while I'm putting in 110 hour work weeks. Fortunately, I've had some good news on the professional front that I can share. Any ideas on whether it's best to fire out all that info at once or space it out to keep your candidacy fresh in the minds of adcom?

You have to keep in mind that adcom has many things on their plate... and the WL is not at the top of the list. So you want to strategically manage your contact-- too many updates and you will be seen as a pest.... and that could seal your fate right there-- or too few updates and the school will think you are not interested. So balance is the key-- I would send one good update that addresses all new info-- how you have progressed at work, why you feel even more strongly about Kellogg-- perhaps based on conversations with alums or students or from a class visit-- and then if you have improved test scores or a new class etc-- mention that. Once you have done that-- I would not suggest reaching out any more frequently than once/month and certainly as the months progress the other key news you can share is JUST HOW LATE you can accept an offer. For example, if you have decided to continue working if not attending Kellogg, then let them know that you would be able to act on short notice if accepted. That way-- maybe Kellogg will keep you on WL up to the end-- and who knows-- with hundreds of people in play-- there could always be those last minute few changes that happen in June or July or even August. Since Kellogg is on the quarter system classes don't begin until September. That means that fewer people are in a position to accept in late summer so if you are one of them-- let them know how late you can make plans to be in the class as that is also helpful information for them to know.
The other key timing thing to keep in mind is that Kellogg will make R3 decisions public on May 16th which means about 2 weeks prior adcom will likely be looking closely again at the WL and deciding if they want to take anyone off WL rather than a R3 applicant-- so it would be good to have a communication update to adcom in very late April or very early May just to help you come to the mind of adcom with your update! Best wishes-- I know that people DO get calls off the WL at Kellogg and I hope you can be one of them!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2018, 21:28
Awfully quiet in this forum compared to previous years.
Anyone hear from admissions recently? I received a call out of the blue this week. Adcom asked for updates and whether I was still interested. Wonder if this is a good sign that movement is coming.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 05:55
doglover8 wrote:
Anyone hear from admissions recently? I received a call out of the blue this week. Adcom asked for updates and whether I was still interested. Wonder if this is a good sign that movement is coming.

I received a call a week before Round 2 decisions with the similar details but I have not heard any update yet since :(

Do you mind sharing whether you are a R1/R2 applicant and exactly when they reached out to you?

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: USMC
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 10:23
I'm a R2 applicant. I got an email earlier this week asking for updates and then I arranged to have talk over the phone with my admissions officer about the process. It sounds like R3 will be when a good amount of the decisions are made. I'll be crushed if there is still no decision after May 16th.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 May 2018, 14:22
delta598 wrote:
doglover8 wrote:

I received a call a week before Round 2 decisions with the similar details but I have not heard any update yet since :(

Do you mind sharing whether you are a R1/R2 applicant and exactly when they reached out to you?

Thank you!

I'm a R2 applicant. I submitted a WL update early in the week of May 1st and admissions called towards the end of the week.

Seems like in past year waitlist forums that getting a call is a precursor, but then again, you haven't heard back :(
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 May 2018, 07:30
doglover8 wrote:
delta598 wrote:
doglover8 wrote:

Thank you!

I'm a R2 applicant. I submitted a WL update early in the week of May 1st and admissions called towards the end of the week.

Seems like in past year waitlist forums that getting a call is a precursor, but then again, you haven't heard back :(

It could be different for you! Have faith :) Hopefully all of us will receive our decision on the R3 date. I have been waiting since R1 deadline in December...the best we can do is keep our chin up and wait until next week!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2018, 07:17
Rambro1803 wrote:
I'm a R2 applicant. I got an email earlier this week asking for updates and then I arranged to have talk over the phone with my admissions officer about the process. It sounds like R3 will be when a good amount of the decisions are made. I'll be crushed if there is still no decision after May 16th.

So strange that they are asking some for updates and not others. Must be a good sign for you. I have not been called or emailed. I did send an update letter though...
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2018, 10:52
Admitted! No $.
Submitted a WL update letter only. Did not retake any tests.
No mention of how many spots are left or when they will release more.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 05:09
Congrats Doglover!

I just hope there's more spots that open up for the rest of us. Hopefully next week with R3 decisions.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2018, 23:35
doglover8 wrote:
Admitted! No $.
Submitted a WL update letter only. Did not retake any tests.
No mention of how many spots are left or when they will release more.

So happy for you! That call was a great sign for you :) I hope I can be in your shoes soon

Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 &nbs [#permalink] 10 May 2018, 23:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 51 posts ] 

Calling all Waitlisted Kellogg Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Gnpth

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap