GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 18 Feb 2020, 03:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
VP
VP
GPA: 3.77
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 12:45
rohanpanjiar wrote:
Hi. Sent in my update on the date of the deadline :P talked about the added responsibilities I have taken on at work, a part time course I just completed and people from Michigan Ross who I have spoken to learn more about the school and its culture. What about you?

PTK wrote:
So silent here.
Have you guys updates adcoms on your profile?
If yes, what you did? What info have you provided?

I did not update because I have nothing special to tell them.
I dont want to discourage you or anyone else, but my view is that adding few work responsibilities and names of some alumni would not add much weight. Even if you visit the school from lets say China or Africa (i.e. far from Ross) thats also would not help (my own experince).
Their instructions are pretty clear - inform us of job change or higher GMAT. It means "gives us numbers, which may influence our MBA rankings".
Do added reponsilibilites and names represent numbers? not really.
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE: Sales (Real Estate)
Re: Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2015, 13:46
Did anyone on this thread get the dreaded "early denial" email from Ross this past week?

Refer to Soojin's blog, but they are releasing denials early so people can better prepare for R3 at other schools.

Otherwise, it's another 13 days until we might get good news? :)
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2015, 00:19
jerrywon wrote:
Did anyone on this thread get the dreaded "early denial" email from Ross this past week?

Refer to Soojin's blog, but they are releasing denials early so people can better prepare for R3 at other schools.

Otherwise, it's another 13 days until we might get good news? :)

I have not received! I want and expect to receive only good news. :-D
From Soojin's blog, I understood that they are releasing denials early for R2 applicants.

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 13:18
Patisrambo posted in the main thread he/she got in off the waitlist. Anyone else hear from Ross today?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V43
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 13:27
*tumbleweeds*
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 13:43
IN off the Waitlist!!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2015, 14:12
Congrats Jerry! Good stuff. Hope to see you soon.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.43
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 08:10
Round 2 Waitlist
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V43
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 08:22
A ding for me from the R1 waitlist. Congrats to you guys who got in.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 09:47
jerrywon wrote:
IN off the Waitlist!!!

Hi.. Did you have any change in profile (GMAT or Job change or award) after your waitlist in R1?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 10:46
Hello People, joining the bandwagon of waitlist's! So what are the odds looking like? PTK any statistics?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 12:36
Got the dreaded waitlist in R2.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Mar 2015, 21:27
what's so dreadful about the waitlist? I'm delighted :D
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 17:14
jerrywon wanna help some fellow waitlisters out and answer nksnk's question on whether you updated your profile?
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2015, 23:27
Dhayvat wrote:
Hello People, joining the bandwagon of waitlist's! So what are the odds looking like? PTK any statistics?

given the fact that the number of applicants significantly increased this year and there were some changes to current admissions policy I am fraid we can not do any reasonable assumptions and conclusions out of existing GC statistics.
Of course I do not have internal data.
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 03:14
Hi, guys. Got waitlisted, very disappointing. But when I analyzed application workflow, I realized one (potentially) critical weakness in my application. I have to somehow address this weakness to raise my chances. Does anyone tried to reach adcom over email or using official form? In discussions from previous years it is clearly stated that if you had something worthwhile to say to adcom (promotions, achievements, etc.) you could contact them without any problem. But in this year they specifically noted that one should use only web form and no more than once per round. And I can't find any information whether they provide feedback for waitlisted applicants. So, the situation is like you have only one shot and you have to use it wisely; hit or miss. What do you think guys?
VP
VP

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 03:25
lolopolo wrote:
Hi, guys. Got waitlisted, very disappointing. But when I analyzed application workflow, I realized one (potentially) critical weakness in my application. I have to somehow address this weakness to raise my chances. Does anyone tried to reach adcom over email or using official form? In discussions from previous years it is clearly stated that if you had something worthwhile to say to adcom (promotions, achievements, etc.) you could contact them without any problem. But in this year they specifically noted that one should use only web form and no more than once per round. And I can't find any information whether they provide feedback for waitlisted applicants. So, the situation is like you have only one shot and you have to use it wisely; hit or miss. What do you think guys?

I think they are a bit tired of non-quantifiable, i.e. qualitative updates (see my post above). Therefore, adcoms clearly mentioned that you have only one chance to give us hard nu,bers, either a job change or higher GMAT score. - there are pretty clear insructions on that.
Soojin suggested that her next blog post will be adressed to waitlisted candidates. So let's wait and see.
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 04:19
PTK wrote:
I think they are a bit tired of non-quantifiable, i.e. qualitative updates (see my post above). Therefore, adcoms clearly mentioned that you have only one chance to give us hard nu,bers, either a job change or higher GMAT score. - there are pretty clear insructions on that.
Soojin suggested that her next blog post will be adressed to waitlisted candidates. So let's wait and see.

You're right, and this is the only thing that stops me from rushing into the issue. Nonetheless, all updates must be submitted by April 10, so I have a doubt that one can considerable improve GMAT or obtain CEO position within a month. On the other hand, there should be exact reason for waitlisting an applicant and only adcom member knows it, you just have to ask somehow. It is pretty obvious, but I just want to discuss right approach and wording. Time is against us.

Any thoughts? Does anyone ask adcom and receive meaningful feedback?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stern '18 (M)
GPA: 3.62
Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2015, 16:42
Hello guys,

Hope all is well. Congrats to all who got in. I joined the round 2 waitlist. I'm in the process of putting together the essay. My profile:

25, Male, Indian origin, first generation immigrant. US military experience (Navy).
3.6 GPA in finance and economics. Senior financial analyst at fortune 100. Current MS- Statistics student at CUNY- Baruch. Current grad GPA: 3.4
GRE Quant- 163 (86th percentile)
GRE Verbal- 155 (67th percentile)

I'm a visual learner, and for this reason, Ross is my foremost choice to attend due to hands on training in MAP and an opportunity to get involved in various student led venture funds.I really would appreciate any input from you guys regarding how can I make my follow up essay stand out.

Sincerely,
Devang Bhatt
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45

Show Tags

New post 18 Mar 2015, 08:09
Is there going to be a Google group for waitlisted candidates?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2015, 08:09

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4    Next  [ 62 posts ] 

Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: variantguy, anjalyly