Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Stanford Graduate School of Business no longer has to share the limelight at the top of U.S. News & World Report’s latest ranking of Best Business Schools for 2016. The three-way tie last year between Stanford, Harvard Business School and University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School has been broken, with those schools occupying second and third place, respectively.

Chicago Booth School of Business ranks No. 4, MIT Sloan School of Management takes fifth place, and Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management ranks No. 6. The top ten is rounded out by UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, Columbia Business School, Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business, and, coming in at No. 10, UVA Darden School of Business.

The schools making up the top ten remain largely unchanged from last year. NYU Stern School of Business had occupied 10th place in the 2015 ranking, and Darden was at No. 12. NYU Stern is now tied in the No. 11 spot with Michigan Ross School of Business.
#11. Michigan Ross School of Business
#13. (tie) Duke Fuqua School of Business
#13. (tie) Yale School of Management
#15. UCLA Anderson School of Management
#16. Cornell’s Johnson School of Management
#17. UT McCombs School of Business
#18. UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School
#19. Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis
#20. CMU Tepper School of Business
The U.S. News rankings are based on a weighted average of several indicators, including overall program quality, peer assessments, recruiter assessments, placement success, starting salary and bonus, average GMAT/GRE score, undergraduate GPA and more.

To compile this year’s rankings, all 464 master’s programs accredited by AACSB International were surveyed in fall 2014 and early 2015. A total of 385 responded, of which 126 provided enough of the data needed to calculate the full-time MBA rankings.
You may also be interested in:
The Truth Behind 3 Common MBA Rankings Myths

Separate GMAT Rankings for U.S. and Asian Applicants

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [0]
Send PM
In recognition of a $10 million endowment from the W. P. Carey Foundation, the JD/MBA program at the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania will be renamed the Francis J. & Wm. Polk Carey JD/MBA Program.

Law and business are more interconnected than ever, and business lawyers need to understand corporate finance, management, marketing, and real estate to best serve their clients. In addition, businesses are turning to lawyers to serve in business roles such as CEO.

“Doing business requires an increasingly diverse set of skills,” says Geoffrey Garrett, Dean, Reliance Professor of Management and Private Enterprise, and Professor of Management at the Wharton School. “Through their experience at Wharton and Penn Law, our JD/MBA students develop the critical thinking, reasoning, and leadership abilities necessary to navigate our global economy and excel in their careers.”

Established in 2009, the three-year JD/MBA program was the first elite three-year program in the country. Through an integrated, accelerated course of study, students earn both JD and MBA degrees in three years, rather than the five years it would typically take to earn each degree separately.

Students spend their first year in the Law School and the following summer in Law and Wharton courses designed specifically for the JD/MBA. The second and third years combine Law and Wharton courses, along with a JD/MBA capstone course.

“Both institutions were critical to the career success of Frank and Bill Carey and they believed so strongly in the interconnected nature of business and legal education,” Jay Carey said on behalf of the W.P. Carey Foundation. “My father and uncle also believed in supporting excellence, and we are grateful to support Penn Law and Wharton given their historic preeminence and continued success.”

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Mid-Round Update
Like that old Pennsylvania saying, March definitely came roaring in like a lion. With extra cold temperatures and plenty of snow, the Wharton community is very excited that Spring Break has arrived. More importantly, we are quickly wrapping up our…Read More

The post Mid-Round Update appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
FROM Wharton Admissions Blog: Being a Veteran at Wharton
On the first day of pre-term in August before our first semester began our cluster (~220 students, there are four clusters in each class) was instructed to congregate by pre-MBA industry. Having spent two years in finance after the Marine…Read More

The post Being a Veteran at Wharton appeared first on MBA Program.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 53
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V47
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
It is impossible to do Lauder Round 3. There is nothing adcom can do. Wharton Lauder starts class on May 2. Round 3 admissions decisions don't get released until May 5, so there is no way you could attend the program. It's simply a timing thing.

khyatipatel wrote:
Hi

I am a Round 3 Wharton applicant . Tried hard to make it in round 2 but could not because of several factors. The problem is - I am interested in the Joint Lauder program and Wharton does not accept applications for this program in Round 3. Should I request adcom to consider my application for Lauder in Round 3? Did anyone in the forum had similar experience ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
So I found this post by MBA Data Guru on the acceptance rate for those invited to interview...how realistic do you folks think it is?

https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... ance-rate/

EDIT: an [old] data point that seems to support it -> wharton-post-interview-acceptance-rate-60697.html

Yea...i'm dreading Tuesday...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Health Care)
Send PM
Best of Luck to all for Tuesday!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I just tried to login into Wharton application portal but could not sign in for some reason. It kept coming up with incorrect username/password. Is the site down at the moment? Can somebody confirm.

https://shibboleth-idp.collegenet.com/i ... erPassword
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hey guys, it was a pleasure to read this conversation. Nice to know that some people are as tired of waiting as I am. I have just one question: At your one-on-one interview, did your interviewer give you a feedback on your performance during the TBD?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Macson wrote:
Hey guys, it was a pleasure to read this conversation. Nice to know that some people are as tired of waiting as I am. I have just one question: At your one-on-one interview, did your interviewer give you a feedback on your performance during the TBD?

Hm....I was not given direct feedback on my own performance, but was asked a few questions such as "overall evaluation of the group", "is this your typical leadership style? give specific examples of similar or dissimilar instances of leading groups" I was also asked bunch of other questions regarding Wharton and my resume so I think it really depends on who is interviewing you or how they felt after your group discussion. Either way, good luck, no point speculating now - we will find out in a few days!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pandaMan wrote:
Macson wrote:

Hm....I was not given direct feedback on my own performance, but was asked a few questions such as "overall evaluation of the group", "is this your typical leadership style? give specific examples of similar or dissimilar instances of leading groups" I was also asked bunch of other questions regarding Wharton and my resume so I think it really depends on who is interviewing you or how they felt after your group discussion. Either way, good luck, no point speculating now - we will find out in a few days!!!!!

Thanks for your comment. Totally agree that tere's no point speculating now, just the closer the deadline the more stress...
I was told by the committee member that I was challenging others. I did not pay much attention to that since I thought that was the way to encourage me and others for the one-on-one interview but just the question occurred - do they do that for all applicants? :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE:Research (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hey,

At what time for Round 1 call started coming in?
What is the expected time for India?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
About 4 pm I guess
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Starting from about 4 pm I guess
Manager
Manager
Send PM
They start coming in anytime after 8:30 am eastern time.. And I suppose they get done with the calling by noon.

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Send PM
They do not call the dinged ones, do they?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Correct...Calls are only made to the selected lot.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts