It is currently 20 Feb 2018, 22:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2007, 21:27
been away for the weeekend.

my 2 paise on all the talk till now

Avi - congrats, youse is in. Stress interview candidates who do not run out of the door crying always are.

River - rock the interview.......have no doubt that your interviewer himself will tell you your're in after the iterview itself

Everyone else - Rhyme has a magical watch that produces time for him to spend with gmatclubbers (an he dont discriminate between us either :)
Director
Director
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2007, 21:31
sangoman,
thanks for the uplifting comments. I hope something happens... lets see how far things go..out on a limb here.. but always hoping even if things are looking bleak
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 03:39
rhyme wrote:
riverripper wrote:
Now you guys got me all paranoid for my interview on Monday.

I'll hopefully run into you. There is at least one more person coming to campus tomorrow from gmatclub.

I am interviewing off campus...I was going to fly out but getting time off of work was a no go.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 04:22
riverripper wrote:
rhyme wrote:
riverripper wrote:
Now you guys got me all paranoid for my interview on Monday.

I'll hopefully run into you. There is at least one more person coming to campus tomorrow from gmatclub.

I am interviewing off campus...I was going to fly out but getting time off of work was a no go.

Ah... ok, well have fun, good luck and don't worry about it!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 06:20
Avi, sorry to hear about the grilling, but like everyone said already, I think you did great (I could not have smiled through that whole hour if I were getting grilled, goes to show that you have a great personality and would be a great value to the GSB!) and will most likely get an acceptance email soon! :)

Good luck River! knock them dead!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 11:01
Cookiemonster is cool.
Manager
Manager
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 11:53
rhyme wrote:
Cookiemonster is cool.

Didn't get the meaning. Can you please explain?
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 12:19
The status of my applications "says" that they received my official transcripts, so now I have done everything that I could. Back to the waiting.

Good luck everybody with interviews!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 18:50
I think I win the award for the longest interview of the year so far. OVER TWO HOURS...now I hope thats a good thing. Nothing to unusual, though he asked a fair bit about my UG which is a very odd school and if I regretted it since I didnt follow the path that led me to go there. Was amazed I only applied to one UG program.

My interviewer was a really nice guy, very honest about the school and his experiences. Admitted that it was his last choice of schools but was actually very happy he ended up going there. Talked about Hyde Park being a pretty crappy area for the school and that at times it can feel like a commuter school but still was a great experience.

He ended it with over the last 4 or 5 years he has been interviewing he said over 75% of the people he has interviewed have been accepted...hopefully I improve that number.
Director
Director
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 18:57
River,
Awesome man... 2 hours .. Gawd thats like seeing a Pirates of the Carribean movie...but its good to know that the person had a lot to discuss with you...

Hopefully you will add a hike to his accepted %... If he said that to you, I am pretty positive that you will get in.. its his show of faith on you...

Personally if I like someone who I interview, I would definitely let him know via such hints and tips..
Current Student
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2007, 19:10
2 hours?!? Wow! He must've really liked what you were saying.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2007, 07:43
Did anyone get the email that says Transcripts and Scores not yet received? Are they strict with the Dec 7 deadline (or else app goes to R2)?

I already sent my stuff like 8 days ago, but they still haven't shown received in the status. Now I know it can just be sitting in the office somewhere, but when do I know for sure?? It could get lost somehow. I mean if they don't update it until Dec 2nd or something, I wouldn't have enough time to re-send everything again.

Called Chicago and they said just wait.

Any ideas?
VP
VP
Reviews Badge
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2007, 08:07
riverripper wrote:
I think I win the award for the longest interview of the year so far. OVER TWO HOURS...now I hope thats a good thing. Nothing to unusual, though he asked a fair bit about my UG which is a very odd school and if I regretted it since I didnt follow the path that led me to go there. Was amazed I only applied to one UG program.

My interviewer was a really nice guy, very honest about the school and his experiences. Admitted that it was his last choice of schools but was actually very happy he ended up going there. Talked about Hyde Park being a pretty crappy area for the school and that at times it can feel like a commuter school but still was a great experience.

He ended it with over the last 4 or 5 years he has been interviewing he said over 75% of the people he has interviewed have been accepted...hopefully I improve that number.

River, this is great news! My crystal ball tells me that you will be accepted :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2007, 08:33
I hope you are right...my GSB interview went far better than my Kellogg and I think my application was a little stronger. Though I think my strongest essays were MIT but thats the toughest school for an engineer to get into in a lot of ways. If I get an invite from MIT to interview then I will feel more confident about my chances everywhere since they only invite around 30% to interview.

My thought now is GSB or bust. The more I think about my experience during the visit and all I have heard I do think it would be much better fit than Kellogg for me. However, Kellogg might be the easier school to get into this year due to GSB having the #1 rankings and thus the huge increase in applications.
Manager
Manager
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2007, 08:38
I know everybody is talking about the surge in number of applications to GSB this year. Do we have some approx numbers around how many apps were filed for R1 and how does this compare to previos years? This is especially important to an R2 applicant like me.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2007, 09:07
vchhaochharia wrote:
I know everybody is talking about the surge in number of applications to GSB this year. Do we have some approx numbers around how many apps were filed for R1 and how does this compare to previos years? This is especially important to an R2 applicant like me.

GSB doesnt give out numbers any more...the best you could hope for is from a student giving a percentage. Last year most top schools say double digit increases and every indication is that will hold true this year too.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2007, 17:42
Big congrats on the interview river! Like everyone else, I think you'll be accepted to GSB soon. Good work!!!
Manager
Manager
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2007, 23:25
aceman626 wrote:
Did anyone get the email that says Transcripts and Scores not yet received? Are they strict with the Dec 7 deadline (or else app goes to R2)?

I already sent my stuff like 8 days ago, but they still haven't shown received in the status. Now I know it can just be sitting in the office somewhere, but when do I know for sure?? It could get lost somehow. I mean if they don't update it until Dec 2nd or something, I wouldn't have enough time to re-send everything again.

Called Chicago and they said just wait.

Any ideas?

the only thing you can do is wait. Get a backup copy and keep it on standby till a pre-meditated cut-off daye - say the 27th of Nov. If by then they dont change your status then send the backup copy.

Btw a funny thing happened in my status reprort. They got my transcripts and changed the status accordingly. But oddly, they have not put in the date of getting the originals and the date for my test scores being verified has also disappeared. Funny, but am not taking tension abt this.
Director
Director
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2007, 00:06
Dont worry...GSB is a funny school... I sent in a official copy of my grad transcript but not in a sealed envelope. I talked to GSB and they told me that the transcripts have to be in sealed envelopes..well I went and got and sent the sealed transcripts.. but I check my status online and what do I see.... they accepted my unsealed transcripts and showed they received official transcripts...
Manager
Manager
ESSAY - PERSONAL GOAL QUESTION [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2007, 12:26
Anyone applying to R2 or who have applied for R1. I have a quick question regarding the ESSAY questions.
ESSAY 1 asks to talk about personal and professional goals?
Can any of you guys elaborate on PERSONAL goals. Its kind of roiling the mud question for me. I can think about professional goals as you guys can too. But what do they mean by PERSONAL goals?
For me personal goal now is to get into one of the top programs..;-)

--gregspirited

ESSAY - PERSONAL GOAL QUESTION   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2007, 12:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ] 

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Update application status  

Moderator: rohan2345

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap