It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 09:07

Happening Now:

Live Chat with Amy Mitson, Sr. Associate Director of Admissions at Tuck Dartmouth

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2007, 21:47
aviroop wrote:
seems like results wont be announced before Jan 03. This is what i heard from admissions office after I spoke to them yesterday..They are pretty strict about not changing dates this time it seems..

but then again following rhyme's hypothesis.. they may have a change of heart and send out emails notifying about new notification date... who knows..

this is one roller coaster christmas

I sure hope they release results before Jan 3 (at least the admits). I actually think it is to the school's advantage to do that, since many R2 deadline are Jan 2 or 3, so if they wait then people will have to apply to other schools R2, thus giving people more options vs. Chicago. IF they realease the admits earlier, then many people will not apply to R2 schools and just go to Chicago.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Dec 2007, 22:04
Hey Cream de la cream top of selection gmatclbbers,

Finally done with my interview.......went for the hub interview in Mumbai. Was too standard an interview.......introduce yourself + goals + why chicago ........apart from this just one random question on the surging Indian economy. No fk ups from my side, although there were no brilliant witticisms either.

Advantage of the hub interview was that I saw part of what I was up against - must say I was majorly impressed. There was a newscaster (who was earlier a crime reporter), 2 CA's, 1 economist an 2 engineers (me included). What was surprising was not their qualifications, but their general "smartness quotient". Guess the application procedure really does work.

As for the numbers - brace yourselves. On 1st Dec (the hub interview date), there were 25 ppl to be intervied in Mumbai alone. I presume there would be an equal number in Bangalore. Whew - that sure is a lot of ppl ........especially considering there were non-hum interviews in India as well.

Chalo peeps..........nothing else to do but wait now. Last year they posted the final results by 20th Dec. That was a full fortnight before the original Jan 4 date announced. But they had sent a mail well in advance saying they are going to do this. Cause my life is ruled by lord Murphy, I have a feeling that there is going to be no such break for us this time round.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 00:22
Sorry Folks was outta this forum for a long time again

Chicago R1 Applicant: I gotta ding yeah as expected :-). So please update your list.

I have an interview invite from Emory. Can anyone tell me which thread to look for or should i start a new one for the same.

PS: I have already posted the same in the Emory 2008 Applicants.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 761 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 05:07
aceman626 wrote:
aviroop wrote:
seems like results wont be announced before Jan 03. This is what i heard from admissions office after I spoke to them yesterday..They are pretty strict about not changing dates this time it seems..

but then again following rhyme's hypothesis.. they may have a change of heart and send out emails notifying about new notification date... who knows..

this is one roller coaster christmas

I sure hope they release results before Jan 3 (at least the admits). I actually think it is to the school's advantage to do that, since many R2 deadline are Jan 2 or 3, so if they wait then people will have to apply to other schools R2, thus giving people more options vs. Chicago. IF they realease the admits earlier, then many people will not apply to R2 schools and just go to Chicago.

During the Sept live event they said they were going to send them out before X-mas break. Then that switched until after X-mas. I am assuming this is due to an increased volume of application. They got many more than they were anticipating so they probably wont release them early.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 06:36
Round 1 Status:
riverripper: Interview Invite
CookieMonster: Interview Invite
Aviroop: Interview Invite
kwam: Interview Invite
faceman: Interview Invite
Forcefeed: Interview Invite
cooldar: Interview Invite
Vij101: Interview Invite
Sangoman: Interview Invite
dabots: Interview Invite
CfaMiami: Interview Invite
gnr646: Interview Invite
chillonamill: Interview Invite
jpjazzman: Interview Invite
burger2001: Interview Invite
Collegesenior: Denied
beyondinfinity: Denied
nnabros: Denied

Round 2 Status: Still working
Bherronp
Dosa_don
adc_away
Nervousgmat
bsd_lover
Helg
Max125
vishalsuri
CerealsMBA
KingKREEP
Poochandi
shmegs
bkk145
vchhaochharia
wallspotter

*edit by riverripper updated nnabros' status per his post a few weeks ago.

Last edited by faceman on 03 Dec 2007, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 06:56
good lord thats a lot of applicants and a whole bunch of success so far. If their accepting 50% of interviewed candidates that means 7-8 GMAT clubber will get in. Then again they say they interview 50% and we killed that so maybe there will be 10+ admits.

might have to change this places name to GSB club.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society

Kudos [?]: 2163 [0], given: 7

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 07:05
riverripper wrote:
good lord thats a lot of applicants and a whole bunch of success so far. If their accepting 50% of interviewed candidates that means 7-8 GMAT clubber will get in. Then again they say they interview 50% and we killed that so maybe there will be 10+ admits.

might have to change this places name to GSB club.

I had the same theory last year... we had a strong showing at the interview table but had a weak showing at the end

These were round 1 post-interview results: (one full time admit, one part time, handful of waitlists, some deny)

ceglar: 740, 3.1, 4years experience at matriculation. DINGED (full time)
jaynayak: 740 GMAT, ~3.0 GPA, 4 years exp, Indian IT, 1 US and 1 Canadian rec,DINGED (full time)
Lich: ?????? unknown stats DINGED (full time)
rhyme: 730 GMAT, ~3.0 GPA, 5 years exp,ADMITTED (full time)
lhmcjen:710 GMAT, 2.9 GPA, 6yrs WE in Marine Infantry ADMITTED (Part time Program)
naturallight: 730 GMAT, 3.6 GPA, 5 years exp in operations at investment firm, CFA, both recs are non-alumni, bad interview, campus visit WAITLIST (full time)
helg: Russian, 730 GMAT; GPA ~4.9/5.0 (top Russian university); 7 years supply chain mgnt, incl. 1 yr intl exp, WAITLIST (full time)
Hindustan: 730, 7yrs exp, 3.35 GPA triple major (!!), strong recos DINGED (full time)
flapjack:, ???? WAITLIST (full time)

But, in general, we did a lot better in R2..

7 deny, 2 waitlist, 7 admits => 7/16 odds = 43% admit

vs r1: 4 deny, 3 waitlist, 1 ft admit ==> 1/8 odds = 13%

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 57 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 07:20
That makes me feel better rhyme, maybe chances in R2 are not so bad. I am seriously considering applying to Chicago in R2, and lord knows I'm not exactly a shoe in. I was originally considering the PT program for next fall, but maybe I will see how it goes on my FT application.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 08:02
hsampath wrote:
That makes me feel better rhyme, maybe chances in R2 are not so bad. I am seriously considering applying to Chicago in R2, and lord knows I'm not exactly a shoe in. I was originally considering the PT program for next fall, but maybe I will see how it goes on my FT application.

Better get to work on the essays you have about a month.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 08:06
damn, R1 was worse than R2 ! that's a surprise.

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 08:29
riverripper wrote:

Better get to work on the essays you have about a month.

Yep, you are right. I have started thinking about them, but the essays themselves, I think will be a couple of weeks before I actually write anything. Looks like I'm going to be very busy this holiday season.

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 08:35
aceman626 wrote:

I'm not sure if this we'll see the same pattern this year, many people waited for R2 because of the PPT - at least it's what I've heard from a add consultant... If R1 is tough I think R2 will still be tough...

Kudos [?]: 162 [0], given: 3

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 08:38
aceman626 wrote:

Same with a lot of schools on here last year. Kellogg had zero admits during R1 but then a ton in R2. Might be that a lot of people rushed applications out during R1 and the R2 people just put together better essays. They say there is no difference in difficulty so its probably just a result of who was applying and what the schools were looking for.

Either way if you would have gotten in during R1 then you will almost definitely get in during R2.

I like everyone am hoping for decisions before X-mas. If I manage to get in that week will be spent hashing out where I will go...though Rhyme says I am a fool for even considering Kellogg over GSB (not that he is biased or anything).

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 12:30
Where can I find the list of all the classes provided at GSB? I see under curriculum, the different concentrations but don't see more than that. Can someone please guide me to the information?

Rhyme, how does the Flexible curriculum actually work?

Thank you!

P.S : Is it too late in the game to be asking these questions?

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 12:34
Dont remember exactly where, but I downloaded the course list from the website itself.
Attachments

GSBCourseSchedules.xls [111.58 KiB]
Downloaded 49 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 12:44
Thank you very much.

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society

Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Premium Member
 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 16:20
hsampath wrote:
Where can I find the list of all the classes provided at GSB? I see under curriculum, the different concentrations but don't see more than that. Can someone please guide me to the information?

Rhyme, how does the Flexible curriculum actually work?

Thank you!

P.S : Is it too late in the game to be asking these questions?

http://programs.chicagogsb.edu/curriculum/

http://programs.chicagogsb.edu/curriculum/degree.aspx

If that doesnt explain things, let me know.

Director
Director

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 16:30
Perfect. Thanks rhyme, exactly what I needed.

I know I am way behind in the process of applying to GSB. I'm having second thoughts about this already.

CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 16:48
Awesome rhyme, makes me feel a LOT better about applying in R2.

Kudos [?]: 654 [0], given: 210

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2007, 17:01
I think I am about done with my essays, except for the powerpoint. I know what I am going to do with the powerpoint, just have one major design decision that I keep going back and forth over.

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] 03 Dec 2007, 17:01

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  29   30   31   32   33  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ]