Last visit was: 14 Jul 2024, 11:07 It is currently 14 Jul 2024, 11:07
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8913 [0]
Given Kudos: 3038
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
Kudos
Receive R3 interview invitation today,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Re: Calling Simon (Rochester) MBA Applicants: 2022 Intake [Class of 2024] [#permalink]
There has been no update on the status of my application. I submitted it in R2..anyone has got an interview invite for R2 or still waiting?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
herewego2022feb wrote:
Receive R3 interview invitation today,
What time did you receive the invite? What time do these emails usually arrive?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GPA: 4
Send PM
DB01 wrote:
There has been no update on the status of my application. I submitted it in R2..anyone has got an interview invite for R2 or still waiting?
Same here. But I don’t have any hopes now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Bookmarks
They haven’t got even gotten back after the interview. It will be two months in two week now since the interview :(
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
I chatted with Julie from the adcom team and she mentioned that Simon has received A LOT of applications this year, which is why everything is taking time. But I’m sure because of their small class-size they must have already filled everyone up. Wondering what they are going to do for R4 and R5 candidates.

And especially for over-represented community - it honestly looks bleak

Originally posted by nikmat31 on 10 Mar 2022, 23:33.
Last edited by nikmat31 on 10 Mar 2022, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
nikmat31 wrote:
I chatted with Julie from the adcom team and she mentioned that Simon has received A LOT of applications this year, which is why everything is taking time. But I’m sure because of their small class-size they must have already filled everyone up. Wondering what they are going to do for R4 and R5 candidates.

And especially for over-represented community - it honestly looks bleak

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all! I saw some frustration in here and thought I'd try to tell you some stuff I've heard from current/admitted students, as well as learning from getting admitted. I applied Jan 5, got interviewed Jan 14, got accepted (100% tuition) Jan 21. I had lots of connections with students already admitted/graduated from Simon so they helped me a lot. keep in mind it's all through the grapevine so I could be wrong!

Simon's brand is being the #1 diverse top 50 MBA program so they put heavy emphasis on diversity. It's not just the diversity of the students, but ALSO how much diversity experience they have. I know a lot of you are from India, but you also should try to emphasize your experience of learning about/experiencing/promoting diversity different than yours. Have you led or participated in diversity-based clubs/organizations that are non-Indian (like French clubs, Latin American clubs, African clubs, LGBTQ+, charity/volunteering for low-income people, etc)?

B school applications are all about making yourself sound more unique than your peers. If you're a male from India, how can you distinguish yourself diversity/experience-wise from all the other male Indian applicants? You are not competing against EVERYONE applying, you are competing against other people with similar backgrounds as you, so making yourself the most unique as possible gives you a better chance at admission. This is true at all schools. Every school "allocates" spaces for people with different backgrounds (tech, education, non-profit, finance, etc) so just because you're not from a common background doesn't mean you can't get in. You just have to show that you are a marketable candidate that will bring value to the school, and, ultimately, be able to get a job once you graduate. If they don't see how you plan on using b school to get a job afterwards, then that's a ding.

Also, they truly did receive a LOT more applications this year. the fact is, with the pandemic, ALL MBA schools have received a HUGE rise in applicants. Due to lots of people losing jobs, changing jobs, etc, many people are looking for career changes. It will take more time this year for all schools than last year.

Hope this helps!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
I absolutely concur with the absolve message. Simon has been extremely selective this time. I got an interview invite on March 3rd. I am from India with ~4 years of international work experience with good score and top GPA.
Current Student
Send PM
Got an admit from Simon. Just got a call from Andrew Brayda.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
i had applied in R2, i am waiting for an update
Intern
Intern
Send PM
guptsahi wrote:
Got an admit from Simon. Just got a call from Andrew Brayda.

Congrats, I was interviewed end of Feb and I received an email that my test waiver was approved o. The first of March. I haven't heard from the Adcom since then. Should I loose hope?

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
Nyarie, Thank you. As the school is rolling out acceptances on a rolling basis, I won’t lose hope but, as per my discussions with AdCom, it was really really competitive this time.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Nyarie, how many years of work experience you are having??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have 2 years post graduate experience. + 7months internship

I am working for one of the Big 4 firms, as an HR practitioner

Originally posted by Nyarie on 14 Mar 2022, 14:26.
Last edited by Nyarie on 14 Mar 2022, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Got an admit on 3/14
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  31   32   33   34   35  ...  41