Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:51 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
VoyagerII wrote:
ameyagmat1989 wrote:
VoyagerII I had a small doubt and I would be glad if you could clear it.

I was waitlisted in R1 and I had sent them an 'update email' about my professional endeavors as well around 20th Jan.
However I haven't received any email from there side after that.

I read in previous posts that waitlisted notifications happen around May-June period for international candidates. However, currently I have 4 other admits and the acceptance deadline in around March end for most of the 4 colleges.

I was sincerely hoping to get in UIUC above all.
Should i write an email to adcom mentioning this situation or would it be considered a bad etiquette?

- reach out to them. Specifically, reach out to an individual who is part of the adcom, tell her/him your situation. They should be able to push forward a decision on your file. The adcom, they are very understanding. I had all kinds of issues when I applied, they helped me all the way. I think this is an important point to raise, so everyone who is applying understands...the adcom, they are on your side! They are always happy to do all they can to help you out! So, if you have issues, respectfully, conservatively, reach out to them. A single email to them a month, not bad. The adcoms, they always try to work with you to push the process forward.

- can't raise the deposit by the deadline? tell them!
- what is going on with the waitlist...I have been on the list for two months, when can I expect movement on the list? ask them!
- I can't join the class, I want to defer matriculation ...yep, tell them
- the scholarship u were given, too low, ...raise the issue with them...
- etc!

Thanks for the suggestion VoyagerII.
I had dropped an email to Mark about the same. Got a quick reply from him that at this moment the adcom wont be able to expedite my file and I should go ahead with other colleges if i want to. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q34 V37
GPA: 3.91
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I submitted my application on Jan 16 (round 2) and received an interview invite a few days later on Jan 20 and scheduled the interview for the first week of Feb. I had my interview with Mark and the interview was not bad at all, it was very conversational and relaxed. About a week later I got an admit email with scholarship details in it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gave my interview on 3/3 its almost two weeks now... maybe i should lose hope.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Asset Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Jadewoodstock Normally the Adcom takes three weeks to give a decision. Hang in there! If you don't hear anything after the 3rd week (The Adcoms give out decisions every Friday, so make sure it's past the 3rd Friday AFTER your interview) shoot them a mail and you should get a result or atleast hear when your decision will be announced! All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Jadewoodstock wrote:
gave my interview on 3/3 its almost two weeks now... maybe i should lose hope.

I gave mine on 02/24! I have lost hope... :cry: All the best to you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
Hi Voyager!!!

I am an international student from India and had applied to UIUC in R2. Got an admit with some scholarship. I also paid the initial 750$ deposit on 15th MArch 2015.

But I havent heard anything from Admissions as of now. Is this normal? I had a few questions regarding this.

1. I wanted to know how much time do they take to send our I-20s and formal admission letter?

2. I have already uploaded my financial statement with the application. Is it required to send the original hard copy of the statement as well to the Admcom Office?

3. And apart from the official transcripts, is there anything else that I need to send to the Adcom?

4. I had send a request to the FB group for 2015 admits, but it has been approved till now.

5. Is there a Whatsaap group for the 2015 admits?
Hope you will be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance

-----

- Congruts on the admit!

- Relax, this is a small program, so you don't really get updates at every stage. Since you paid your deposit, you should be getting emails about orientation soon.

- There is NO formal admission letter. Reach out to them so they can email you 1) Official admit letter on official letter head, 2) i-20, 3) scholarship letter. I think that they usually email you these as .pdf files so you can print, or they can mail you....not sure. My point? There is no admit package!

- The university doesn't care about the your finaid docs...the immigration people do. So, once they send you the scholarship infor, i-20, you can use those to adjust your finaid doc information and then off you will go to the US embassy to get your F1 visa. The people you need to convince about your funding sources, not the university, but the visa officers!

- nope. you are done. Once they have the official transcript, you are done.

- I can approve your request to join the FB group. I don't see any pending approvals.

- There is no whatsup group! Sorry....whatsup is not a big thing here in America, unlike the rest of the world!

Cheeers,
----
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a mail from Serena asking if I am still interested in UIUC. I was wait listed about 2 weeks ago. Lets hope I get in :(
Btw do wait listed-admit ppl get scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jadewoodstock wrote:
Got a mail from Serena asking if I am still interested in UIUC. I was wait listed about 2 weeks ago. Lets hope I get in :(
Btw do wait listed-admit ppl get scholarship?

me too! I had asked about the scholarship and was informed by Rozy that waitlisted-admit students will also be considered for scholarship. do you know how many can be there in the waitlist? and how they evaluate the waitlist?

Wonder when we can expect a decision! I'm an international student, so if I do get accepted, visa processing will be pretty time consuming!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Accepted last week! Mark, Serena, and Kelly O'Neill were all absolutely a delight to interact with through this entire process. I had been in contact with mark and Serena since late January and had my F2F interview with Kelly over skype. Good luck for the rest of you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kellogs4toniee wrote:
Accepted last week! Mark, Serena, and Kelly O'Neill were all absolutely a delight to interact with through this entire process. I had been in contact with mark and Serena since late January and had my F2F interview with Kelly over skype. Good luck for the rest of you.

Hi,
Congruts on your admit!!!! Also, can you share your profile and location please.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
OMG I just got selected from the waitlist!!!! With scholarship! 8-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Jadewoodstock wrote:
kellogs4toniee wrote:

Hi,
Congruts on your admit!!!! Also, can you share your profile and location please.

Sure thing would love to contribute. Lower side of 3 scale GPA with 680 GMAT. Only took test once while working. Have four-five years of solid work experience with a lot of volunteering and extracurricular activities. Graduated from Purdue. As I mentioned above mark and the entire staff were an absolute delight to talk and interact with. Had a phone interview then Skype video call because I currently live in California. Got accepted about a week and a half after my in person interview I believe. Scholarship included.

Hope this helped. Any other questions feel free to ask.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 177
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
Send PM
Hi,
I got an admit today!!! Was waitlisted for 1 month.. phew!!..
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group I can join?
Can someone please guide me through post admit procedures?
Thanks,
Rishabh Mudgal
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rishabhmudgal wrote:
Hi,
I got an admit today!!! Was waitlisted for 1 month.. phew!!..
Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group I can join?
Can someone please guide me through post admit procedures?
Thanks,
Rishabh Mudgal

Hey Rishabh, Congratulations on the admit! I was waitlisted for a month too...ugh the agony!!!

There's a https://gmatclub.com/chat group we have, pm me your number I'll add you to it!

Loads of stuff to do post admission...I can guide you with most of it. :)

Congratulations again!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rishabh.. congo.
Hola everyone,
I have also received an admit today. However, I am in some doubt which college to choose. Need some help.
1. I am admitted to Mcgill with a scholarship.
2. I am admitted to Schulich york without a scholarship.
3. I am admitted to Illinois with a scholarship.
4. I am admitted to Melbourne business school without a scholarship.

As for my career goals, I would like to do major in Strategy management with minor in finance. I am from India with 4 years work experience. Please any advice would be helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Hi,

I'm an international applicant and I'm applying for the MSF this year. I did not know much about the US graduate school system so I cannot answer one question on the application online. Do UIC and UIUC belongs to the U of Illinois? They ask whether I applied for the U of Illinois before. I applied for UIC too. So should I say Yes?

Since I have no glue on this matter, I really appreciated your help!

Thanks a lot!

Regards.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
Cee0612 wrote:
Hi,

I'm an international applicant and I'm applying for the MSF this year. I did not know much about the US graduate school system so I cannot answer one question on the application online. Do UIC and UIUC belongs to the U of Illinois? They ask whether I applied for the U of Illinois before. I applied for UIC too. So should I say Yes?

Since I have no glue on this matter, I really appreciated your help!

Thanks a lot!

Regards.

If I understand you, in addition to applying to uiuc, you are also applying to uic. If that is the case...you should answer NO. However, if you applied to uic last year, two years ago, then you should say yes.

The university of illinois system has three schools....chicago, urbana-champaign and springfield.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts