GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 05:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 17:08
kpsg wrote:
VoyagerII I have not received interview invite till now. R2 applicant. 2 years work ex. Do you think i still may get one or are all the invites for R2 gone out?

US based applicants, as written elsewhere, are added to the class until August 1, 14 days before the start of classes. So, relax...you should get your invite soon.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 06:11
VoyagerII wrote:
kpsg wrote:
VoyagerII I have not received interview invite till now. R2 applicant. 2 years work ex. Do you think i still may get one or are all the invites for R2 gone out?

US based applicants, as written elsewhere, are added to the class until August 1, 14 days before the start of classes. So, relax...you should get your invite soon.

Ohhh I'm sorry i wrongly put my location as US, I'm from India
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 07:15
kpsg wrote:
VoyagerII wrote:
kpsg wrote:
VoyagerII I have not received interview invite till now. R2 applicant. 2 years work ex. Do you think i still may get one or are all the invites for R2 gone out?

US based applicants, as written elsewhere, are added to the class until August 1, 14 days before the start of classes. So, relax...you should get your invite soon.

Ohhh I'm sorry i wrongly put my location as US, I'm from India

Ok. The last applicants from abroad are added to the class, by the beginning of June! So, you should hear from the adcom one way or another shortly. They do try to make international student decisions earlier so they have time to deal with visa issues.
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 15:49
Question sent to me: I have my Illinois mba interview in the coming days. Could you please share with me what kind of questions did you have before? Was there any case interviews ? Thanks in advance

- case interviews, cancelled.
- for interview questions, please refer to the forum. Read the UIUC 2017/2016/2015 threads, people have described their interview experiences there.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 4
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 09:05
till when we can expect R2 i/w results to be out ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2015
Posts: 167
Location: India
GRE 1: Q780 V680
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 10:15
veenu8 wrote:
till when we can expect R2 i/w results to be out ?

Is R2 18th Jan one??
If it is that, I haven't received interview invite yet :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2014
Posts: 28
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 08:11
I paid my deposit amount a couple of days back. Apart from a mail - my deposit order confirmation mail, I have not heard anything from the college. Is this normal? Guys who have made the deposit - Did you receive anything else and Should I mail the Adcom (I don't know what to ask really)?
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 10:51
sandesh401577 wrote:
I paid my deposit amount a couple of days back. Apart from a mail - my deposit order confirmation mail, I have not heard anything from the college. Is this normal? Guys who have made the deposit - Did you receive anything else and Should I mail the Adcom (I don't know what to ask really)?

- Relax. You will be getting orientation emails soon. These emails will increase in frequency as orientation approaches.
-If you are an international student, you can hit them, asking them to send you the official admit letter (paper version/pdf) plus I-20 for your visa issues.
- meanwhile, have fun and introduce yourself to your future classmates on facebook.
- plus, enjoy your last few months of freedom before school starts.
- most importantly, start looking at the companies you want to intern at! And of course, network with people in your industry....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 44
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2015, 21:58
Hi,
Please can anyone tell till when can we expect R2 Result?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Jan 2015
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GRE 1: Q166 V164
GPA: 3.4
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 10:53
Jadewoodstock wrote:
Hi,
Please can anyone tell till when can we expect R2 Result?


i know someone already got interview invite from R2. I assume the Adcomm will continue to send out more in the following weeks
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 95
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 06:48
VoyagerII Hey, I went through this entire thread and saw that you mentioned calculating someones chances down to a percentage! I am curious, how did you arrive at that?

Also, I saw that you mentioned somewhere Indian quota is filled in R1 itself, However, I still have an interview coming up (R2) So what do you think my chances are?

A bit about my profile:

GMAT: 730
Exp : 3 years by matriculation
GPA : 7.85/10 (IIT in India)
Job : Architecture, going into Real Estate.
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 10:53
xxinus wrote:
Jadewoodstock wrote:
Hi,
Please can anyone tell till when can we expect R2 Result?


i know someone already got interview invite from R2. I assume the Adcomm will continue to send out more in the following weeks

You are correct. Although there are deadlines listed, the admission process at Illinois is rolling in reality. So, don't stress over this or that deadline!
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 11:13
avik629 wrote:
VoyagerII Hey, I went through this entire thread and saw that you mentioned calculating someones chances down to a percentage! I am curious, how did you arrive at that?

Also, I saw that you mentioned somewhere Indian quota is filled in R1 itself, However, I still have an interview coming up (R2) So what do you think my chances are?

A bit about my profile:

GMAT: 730
Exp : 3 years by matriculation
GPA : 7.85/10 (IIT in India)
Job : Architecture, going into Real Estate.


- I love the GMAT score, way above our average, plus at the top 3% of applicants from India. So, this boost your chances massively.
- The work experience is good. Very good, the adcom values work experience a lot. Good non-traditional work experience.
- Academics looks ok, again, the GMAT score will blunt any weakness presented by the GPA.

The class is getting filled up. The quota of guys from India is filling up, since this is February. If your application was under consideration in December, your chance would be very high. Because it is late in the process, the probability of getting in has been reduced somewhat. As they say, when given options, when you eliminate the xyz...what is possible, no matter how improbable! So, first things first, I don't think you will get a reject. Which means you are staring at an admit or waitlist. The waitlist more to do with no space than your qualifications. If I knew your personal statement, I could give you a % probability.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 95
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 23:23
I have a interview coming up with Serena Hoff, can you tell me what will she really look for in my answers? Maturity of goals? Fit? Quality of work experience? What is important for the illinois mba adcom?

VoyagerII wrote:
avik629 wrote:
VoyagerII Hey, I went through this entire thread and saw that you mentioned calculating someones chances down to a percentage! I am curious, how did you arrive at that?

Also, I saw that you mentioned somewhere Indian quota is filled in R1 itself, However, I still have an interview coming up (R2) So what do you think my chances are?

A bit about my profile:

GMAT: 730
Exp : 3 years by matriculation
GPA : 7.85/10 (IIT in India)
Job : Architecture, going into Real Estate.


- I love the GMAT score, way above our average, plus at the top 3% of applicants from India. So, this boost your chances massively.
- The work experience is good. Very good, the adcom values work experience a lot. Good non-traditional work experience.
- Academics looks ok, again, the GMAT score will blunt any weakness presented by the GPA.

The class is getting filled up. The quota of guys from India is filling up, since this is February. If your application was under consideration in December, your chance would be very high. Because it is late in the process, the probability of getting in has been reduced somewhat. As they say, when given options, when you eliminate the xyz...what is possible, no matter how improbable! So, first things first, I don't think you will get a reject. Which means you are staring at an admit or waitlist. The waitlist more to do with no space than your qualifications. If I knew your personal statement, I could give you a % probability.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2015, 02:34
1
Got an admit to UIUC yesterday.
Now I have to choose between UIUC and HKU. Could you please help me decide.
Please post your opinions here http://gmatclub.com/forum/uiuc-ft-mba-vs-hku-ft-mba-193151.html.
_________________
University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business - CLASS OF 2017
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2012
Posts: 11
Concentration: Technology, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Feb 2015, 02:36
avik629 wrote:
I have a interview coming up with Serena Hoff, can you tell me what will she really look for in my answers? Maturity of goals? Fit? Quality of work experience? What is important for the illinois mba adcom?

VoyagerII wrote:
avik629 wrote:
VoyagerII Hey, I went through this entire thread and saw that you mentioned calculating someones chances down to a percentage! I am curious, how did you arrive at that?

Also, I saw that you mentioned somewhere Indian quota is filled in R1 itself, However, I still have an interview coming up (R2) So what do you think my chances are?

A bit about my profile:

GMAT: 730
Exp : 3 years by matriculation
GPA : 7.85/10 (IIT in India)
Job : Architecture, going into Real Estate.


- I love the GMAT score, way above our average, plus at the top 3% of applicants from India. So, this boost your chances massively.
- The work experience is good. Very good, the adcom values work experience a lot. Good non-traditional work experience.
- Academics looks ok, again, the GMAT score will blunt any weakness presented by the GPA.

The class is getting filled up. The quota of guys from India is filling up, since this is February. If your application was under consideration in December, your chance would be very high. Because it is late in the process, the probability of getting in has been reduced somewhat. As they say, when given options, when you eliminate the xyz...what is possible, no matter how improbable! So, first things first, I don't think you will get a reject. Which means you are staring at an admit or waitlist. The waitlist more to do with no space than your qualifications. If I knew your personal statement, I could give you a % probability.

Good luck!



Ms Hoff is absolutely brilliant. I interviewed with her on the 10th. She will make you feel very comfortable, and she's very nice to talk to. Make sure you make her feel comfortable as well, and not be too uptight, or too formal, when she is not being too formal.
She will ask you all the general questions, and ask you points from your resume as well. Be polite and to the point. You can joke a little too.

But otherwise don't be scared. She is really very nice.

Good Luck!
_________________
University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business - CLASS OF 2017
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 95
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2015, 05:28
Hi,

This is for any and all UIUC current MBA student. The employment stats at mba.illinois.edu/careers/stats.aspx is not the most updated. Can anyone please tell me what are the hiring prospects for students in Real Estate. Specifically....

Companies are..?
positions offered..?
international/domestic preference?

Internship or full-time stats, any or both will be useful.

Thanks.
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2015, 05:44
1
avik629 wrote:
Hi,

This is for any and all UIUC current MBA student. The employment stats at mba.illinois.edu/careers/stats.aspx is not the most updated. Can anyone please tell me what are the hiring prospects for students in Real Estate. Specifically....

Companies are..?
positions offered..?
international/domestic preference?

Internship or full-time stats, any or both will be useful.

Thanks.

- You need to use this link for updated stats: https://business.illinois.edu/bcs/recru ... stats.aspx
- There usually is less than 5 people going into real estate. There is never real figures, as they are always lumped together with other industries under 'other'.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 95
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q46 V40
GMAT 4: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 10:00
Just had my interview with Serena Hoff. Questions were:

1.) Tell me something about yourself, it could be hobbies, it doesn't have to be work related.
2.) Why mba?
3.) Why illinois?
4.) Why will you not join illinois if offered a seat? (hahahaha, devilish I know)
5.) What do you expect from business school which is not currently offered anywhere?
6.) What questions do you have?

Fairly conversational. She has a quality of connecting with the applicant, unlike any I have seen. She seems very happy. Which was very farther away from what I was, with all this interview anxiety and all. I had a 3-4 sec pause in the middle of an answer as a particular for of expression escaped me. Worried about that!

Kudos please :lol: . hehe.
BSchool Moderator
User avatar
Status: At peace...
Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 309
Location: Comoros
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2015, 10:14
avik629 wrote:
Just had my interview with Serena Hoff. Questions were:

1.) Tell me something about yourself, it could be hobbies, it doesn't have to be work related.
2.) Why mba?
3.) Why illinois?
4.) Why will you not join illinois if offered a seat? (hahahaha, devilish I know)
5.) What do you expect from business school which is not currently offered anywhere?
6.) What questions do you have?

Fairly conversational. She has a quality of connecting with the applicant, unlike any I have seen. She seems very happy. Which was very farther away from what I was, with all this interview anxiety and all. I had a 3-4 sec pause in the middle of an answer as a particular for of expression escaped me. Worried about that!

Kudos please :lol: . hehe.

Glad it went well. In a entry earlier this year I had written how she is the best! Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017   [#permalink] 17 Feb 2015, 10:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 180 posts ] 

Calling Urbana-Champaign Applicnts(2015 Intake)Class of 2017

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne