GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 04:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Campus Visit and REALLY getting to know your school

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Current Student
V
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Campus Visit and REALLY getting to know your school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Aug 2018, 10:39

While we offer a lot of information events throughout the world, we strongly advise candidates to visit us in the summer

Seems familiar? I can guarantee that you will find this sentence - or some versions of it - in most school websites. Now there are debates about the pros and cons of school visits, and some of it justified and some of it not (in yours truly's opinion). This thread is an attempt to disseminate some useful school visit information and then some.

Personal Advice

I think there is a LOT of value in networking with the school before you hit submit. Why would you want to be a stranger when you can be someone that rings their bells. I remember the wise Icecream87 mentioned that after visiting INSEAD, she made sure that she sent an email after hitting submit to let them know "hey remember me? I finished my app".

I do think for international students (especially developing countries) taking a 2 week off to visit schools that will probably not admit them is kind of daunting. But the adcoms I talked to told me that while they do get many resident Indians coming to campus, most of their Indian admits come to campus for the first time at matriculation. Sudershan - Tuck adcom mentioned this specifically.

However, I think if you have some gaps in your profile, I think going an extra mile to let them know that you are willing to spend good money to visit them is a great act of good faith. Once you are there, you can try to impress the pants off them and I am sure they will think "hey I know this guy. Sure he got a C in statistics, but he seemed really into the class and a nice guy overall". Do you think this will ever hurt your chances? I think not.

With that said, here are what others have to say about school visits. Make sure to see the Tuck visit report mbsingh posted on the Tuck thread to know how to create a great visit and come out like a champ.

School Visit - Discussions, Strategies, Tips.

How important are school visits?
How important/helpful is it to visit schools?
Admission Consults or School Visit- Where to Invest
School Visit Etiquette- A word of caution!
Do informal visits count?
What not to do in a school visit!
Right time to visit campuses
School Visits- Plan

School Visit - Articles, Tips.

Make the Most of Your B-School Campus Visit
Visiting Your Target Business Schools
How to Make the Most of a School Visit
Quick & Dirty Tips for Maximizing your Business School Visits
Is a campus visit worthwhile?
Business Schools Get Smarter About Weeding Out Uninterested Applicants

School Visit Experiences

Mind Blowing School Visits to Top 8
Moss's trip to Chicago
HBS Campus Visit
ISB Visit Experience
Impressions from 16 Top School visits
INSEAD visit Debrief
Ivey Class Visit
Domotron's visits..... HBS, Tuck, LBS
European B-School Visits
IIM - A - New !!

2017-18 visits

Tuck visit with pictures and class recordings by mbsingh

So what do you guys think? How many of you are making the trek? Be sure to let bb know as I hear from the grapevines that GMAT Club is willing to sponsor some of these!

Have an MBA application Question? ASK ME ANYTHING!

My Stuff: Four Years to 760 | MBA Trends for Indian Applicants

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Originally posted by souvik101990 on 09 Aug 2017, 13:02.
Last edited by adkikani on 12 Aug 2018, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
Edited with inclusion of IIM-A
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge
Re: Campus Visit and REALLY getting to know your school  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 06:46
How can a campus visit help you?
1. You may put yourself on the radar of the admissions committee. Schedule a meeting with an admissions representative, so you have a chance to impress them and possibly stay in touch throughout the process.
2. You gain the opportunity to gather vital information that you can put to use in writing in your application essays.
3. You’ll get the chance to meet students and professors, and truly experience the atmosphere on campus.
4. In addition, a campus visit is a fantastic way to expand your network. Whether or not you end up attending this school, you’ll have a chance to meet potential future colleagues and friends.

For more info, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enEf0tFIyEY

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Campus Visit and REALLY getting to know your school &nbs [#permalink] 04 Jul 2018, 06:46

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap