It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 09:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Canadian Schools for an MBA -- Need help in assessing the right one

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Canadian Schools for an MBA -- Need help in assessing the right one [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2017, 04:46
Hi,

My GMAT score is 650 and I have more than 4 years of work experience. Currently in advertising and have done my Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Looking to do a 12-16 month course.

I am looking at Canadian Schools, planning to apply to the following:
- Sauder
- Schulich

I am confused between some of the safe schools I have shortlisted:
- SFU (Beedie)
- Ted Rogers
- Alberta

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 37

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Canadian Schools for an MBA -- Need help in assessing the right one [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2017, 14:59
AnushkaG wrote:
Hi,
Hi AnushkaG, thanks for your question. Beyond what you HAVE done, what do you see yourself doing going forward?
As that informs school selection.

My GMAT score is 650 and I have more than 4 years of work experience. Currently in advertising and have done my Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Looking to do a 12-16 month course.

- Sauder avg gmat there about 646)
- Schulichavg gmat here about 660)
Have you considered Ivey also?
- SFU (Beedie)avg gmat in range of 550-700)
- Ted Rogers avg gmat about 625
- Alberta avg gmat about 630

Any help would be great!
So these schools are in the range you set for GMAT but beyond GMAT, spend some time thinking about WHAT you want to do post MBA and then WHICH program has the most innovative offerings for those goals.
Thanks!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Intern
Intern
B

Re: Canadian Schools for an MBA -- Need help in assessing the right one [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2017, 06:08
Thank you so much for the detailed response on this one. I'm looking to get into the consumer products goods industry as a Brand Manager. Would you have any idea about which schools would be the best for that?

StratusMBACounselor wrote:
AnushkaG wrote:
Hi,
Hi AnushkaG, thanks for your question. Beyond what you HAVE done, what do you see yourself doing going forward?

My GMAT score is 650 and I have more than 4 years of work experience. Currently in advertising and have done my Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Looking to do a 12-16 month cours

Any help would be great!
So these schools are in the range you set for GMAT but beyond GMAT, spend some time thinking about WHAT you want to do post MBA and then WHICH program has the most innovative offerings for those goals.
Thanks!

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2017, 09:12
AnushkaG wrote:
Thank you so much for the detailed response on this one. I'm looking to get into the consumer products goods industry as a Brand Manager. Would you have any idea about which schools would be the best for that?

This guide might help you sort out the pros/cons of several programs in Canada: http://touchmba.com/best-mba-programs-c ... HeadToHead and Rotman does offer a brand management concentration. I also encourage you to look at the recruiting firms for each of the programs on your list and that will help you sort out which program has more of the recruiting relationships you are looking for.
StratusMBACounselor wrote:
AnushkaG wrote:
Hi,

My GMAT score is 650 and I have more than 4 years of work experience. Currently in advertising and have done my Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Looking to do a 12-16 month cours

Any help would be great!
Thanks!

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Re: Canadian Schools for an MBA -- Need help in assessing the right one   [#permalink] 31 Oct 2017, 09:12

Canadian Schools for an MBA -- Need help in assessing the right one

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap