GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 01:27

INSEAD R1 Results This Week!

First Decision Reported on Decision Tracker  |  Join INSEAD Chat to Calm Your Nerves & Catch the Latest Action

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Chances of Admission for MBA during R2 ? (Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Desautels '21
Chances of Admission for MBA during R2 ? (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2018, 12:17
Hi There,

I was hoping if someone could help evaluate my profile for the admissions process for the 2 years MBA programme. PFB the details:

- Male, Indian, 24.

- Education:
1.Undergrad: B.Engg in Computer Science (top 10 engineering colleges in India). 7.8 CGPA out of 10.
2. Grade 12: IB and attended schools across Tunisia, Sri Lanka, Belgium, and India.

- Work Experience:
1. Founder and CEO for a college startup of mine. Ran it for good ~3 years with a team of 25+ folks working across India.
2. Founding Member and Head of Sales for a pre-Series A funded company ($2.1M) (we are a 60+ member team now with offices in Delhi and SF). 3 years of work experience. To focus on my applications and the GMAT prep, I have a taken a break for now.
3. By the time I go for my MBA, I'll have around ~4 years of work ex.

- GMAT: I am currently preparing, hoping to give the exam in the current month.

- Recommendations: WIP from an immediate manager and figuring out whom to take the second one from.

Why HBS?- Other than the aforementioned work ex, I have been quite entrepreneurial as a child, running and managing multiple online platforms since middle-school (earning from small online ventures to fund my gaming spends (seemed like priority to a kid then). My early on experimentations with growing tech platforms and the diverse academic exposure helped me hone 'leadership' and 'risk-taking' qualities. MBA, especially from HBS would allow me to 'polish' my traits and help me become a better version of myself, allowing me to pursue my future plans with great credibility attached. I am looking to join a VC fund, not just from an investor pov but also from a standpoint of a mentor. I believe I have learned a lot from the startup community and would love to give back to it as well.

Would love to hear from you guys, is my profile a good fit for HBS? Appreciate your help :)

Thanks!
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: Chances of Admission for MBA during R2 ? (Class of 2021)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 01:50
Hello Kash2Smash

Interesting profile. Definitely have potential to showcase a 'spike' in your work ex and diversity.
GMAT is definitely going to be a critical piece of the puzzle, considering the Indian background.
If you can get a 740+, then you may have the goods, you need to deliver them (via your essays/LOR).
What other schools are you applying to?

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kash2Smash wrote:
Hi There,

I was hoping if someone could help evaluate my profile for the admissions process for the 2 years MBA programme. PFB the details:

- Male, Indian, 24.

- Education:
1.Undergrad: B.Engg in Computer Science (top 10 engineering colleges in India). 7.8 CGPA out of 10.
2. Grade 12: IB and attended schools across Tunisia, Sri Lanka, Belgium, and India.

- Work Experience:
1. Founder and CEO for a college startup of mine. Ran it for good ~3 years with a team of 25+ folks working across India.
2. Founding Member and Head of Sales for a pre-Series A funded company ($2.1M) (we are a 60+ member team now with offices in Delhi and SF). 3 years of work experience. To focus on my applications and the GMAT prep, I have a taken a break for now.

- Recommendations: WIP from an immediate manager and figuring out whom to take the second one from.

Why HBS?- Other than the aforementioned work ex, I have been quite entrepreneurial as a child, running and managing multiple online platforms since middle-school (earning from small online ventures to fund my gaming spends (seemed like priority to a kid then). My early on experimentations with growing tech platforms and the diverse academic exposure helped me hone 'leadership' and 'risk-taking' qualities. MBA, especially from HBS would allow me to 'polish' my traits and help me become a better version of myself, allowing me to pursue my future plans with great credibility attached. I am looking to join a VC fund, not just from an investor pov but also from a standpoint of a mentor. I believe I have learned a lot from the startup community and would love to give back to it as well.

Would love to hear from you guys, is my profile a good fit for HBS? Appreciate your help :)

Thanks!

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2018, 18:26
Hello from EddeGlobal!

Firstly, congratulations on deciding to apply for an MBA.

Let's look at your profile in detail:

1. At 24, you would be on the younger side of applicants - a positive
2. While the engineering undergrad degree will not differentiate, your GPA is respectable
3. International exposure during schooling certainly helps

Work Experience:
1. B-schools highly value startup experience these days, esp. if you've founded a company - definitely a plus
2. 4-years is a good amount of experience

If you're planning to apply in R2, you should take the GMAT within a month to have enough time for applications. (If you want free GMAT practice, try http://www.prepmymind.com)

Why HBS would need work. While your background is impressive, HBS would want to know why you choose them over other business schools (think Stanford).

We at EddeGlobal help candidates such as yourself in creating the right application strategy and preparing their applications for success. You can check out our website http://www.eddeglobal.com for more details.

Feel free to reach out to us and we would be happy to discuss in detail.

Wish you all the best,
The EddeGlobal Team
--------
Website - http://www.eddeglobal.com/
Email - info@eddeglobal.com
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/eddeglobal/

Kash2Smash wrote:
Hi There,

- Male, Indian, 24.

- Education:

- Work Experience:

Thanks!

------------
Email: info@eddeglobal.com

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Desautels '21

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2018, 02:14
MBAkarma Thanks for checking out the profile.

As you correctly said, GMAT is the missing piece of the puzzle in my application right now. I was hoping to not dwell much on listing down the kind of schools I wanted to apply to BEFORE giving my GMAT. Though I'd be lying if I say that I wouldn't like to attend any of the top b-schools.

To answer your question - I'd have a concrete list once I know my score, until then, definitely top 20 schools is what I am looking for.

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello

Interesting profile. Definitely have potential to showcase a 'spike' in your work ex and diversity.
GMAT is definitely going to be a critical piece of the puzzle, considering the Indian background.
If you can get a 740+, then you may have the goods, you need to deliver them (via your essays/LOR).
What other schools are you applying to?

Best
Varun Sharma
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Chances of Admission for MBA during R2 ? (Class of 2021) &nbs [#permalink] 05 Sep 2018, 02:14

Chances of Admission for MBA during R2 ? (Class of 2021)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap