GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 01:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Consultant vs No Consultant?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Premium Member Reviews Badge
Consultant vs No Consultant?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2018, 07:47
Hi Guys,

I'm going to apply for my MBA in Fall 2018. I know it's pretty late and chances are slim. But I'm out of options at this point.

But I would like to know- is it better to go through a counsellor/consultant such as Edwise or plan it out solo?

Thanks,
Arijit
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: ALTA.MBA
Consultant vs No Consultant?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2018, 18:42
Hi

Might consider the following:
- Is it affordable? Is the consultant willing to consider your particular circumstances in pricing?
- How much time do you have? Do you have time/ability to get advice from many knowledgeable people? Do you have time and energy to try several essay ideas?
- Would a better essay make a difference in your application or is your candidacy pretty straight forward?
- Would actions that you take (e.g., improvements at work, new activities, new job) make a difference in your profile?
- Are you pursuing a post-MBA career that has strong preference for specific schools? Would attending a "reach" school be significantly helpful to your career?
- Are you a good business writer? Do you have someone that can edit your essays?
- Do you come from a competitive demographic?

Hope of bit of help.

Paul at ALTA.MBA

Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
S
Status: Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Re: Consultant vs No Consultant?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2018, 21:11
Hi Arijit,

Whether or not to hire a consultant really depends on your comfort level with the application. I would suggest that you schedule free consultations with a few consultants to see how you feel - there is absolutely no downside to doing so! If you would like to set up a free consultation with me, feel free to sign-up at https://www.ivygroupe.com/contact or email info@ivygroupe.com.

Best,
Shaifali

Ivy Groupe, Founder/CEO
Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting

Blog: https://www.ivygroupe.com/blog
Email: info@ivygroupe.com
Phone: 646.801.5190

Click here for GMAT Club Reviews!

Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Consultant vs No Consultant?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2018, 21:13
If you are trying to get into school for the Fall, which would entail applying for R3 then it might make sense to secure a consultant. Without knowing your background, R3 is really tough to crack for most applicants and tends to be the most competitive round given the limited spots available and they unique type of applicant most schools are looking for at this point.

If you want to share more details about your situation I may be able to give you more targeted guidance but at a quick glance a consultant may help you out here

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Consultant vs No Consultant? &nbs [#permalink] 01 Feb 2018, 21:13

Consultant vs No Consultant?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap