Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
i'm thinking that most people haven't been invited yet, simply comparing this thread to that of other schools where a ton of people share their invitations. the wait (and not knowing when it will end) sure is stressful, though
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Thanks Shawn for your insights. Although I may not be the one among EMBA radar, I am really curious to have clarification on this.
If someone wants to attend management education full-time and has strong reasons for regular MBA than EMBA, wouldn't Darden AdCom provide him a forum to express views? Some folks might not want to study part-time or through distance learning. For those, FT MBA is the best way to go. How does Darden AdCom view such opinion? Anybody aging 29-30 has this thin borderline where EMBA or PT MBA thoughts popup. But ultimately, if the prospect is at ease to sacrifice his employment and enroll FT, it will be helpful to know how this mindset is evaluated. Thanks for your post.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Ankit7 wrote:
sriram18 wrote:
Did any Indian living in India receive interview invite today?

No invite yet. Indian living in India.

Thanks for the update mate. I hope our wait ends soon.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
sriram18 wrote:
Ankit7 wrote:
sriram18 wrote:
Did any Indian living in India receive interview invite today?

No invite yet. Indian living in India.

Thanks for the update mate. I hope our wait ends soon.

Fact is lot of Indians (Including living in India) have got invites ... The last invites for Indian (as per the forums) was on Monday. While I agree that Darden keeps sending invite till the very end , we have to agree that with each passing day the chances are getting slimmer
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Lot of Indians have received invites? Can I know which all forums are you looking at? Atleast in this forum not many have received invite.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
sriram18 wrote:
Lot of Indians have received invites? Can I know which all forums are you looking at? Atleast in this forum not many have received invite.

A friend of my colleague received an invite about a week back... His GMAT is 720 . Indian living in India...
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: From New York City to Charlottesville
Ranked one of the top places to live in the United States, Charlottesville combines big city cultural amenities with beautiful scenery and outdoor activity options. In this week’s guest blog, First Year Sasha Friedman describes how living in Charlottesville compares to her previous location New York City:

Sasha Friedman, Class of 2015

“I moved to Charlottesville after spending 7 years in New York City. Not only was I coming from a big city, but I also went to undergrad in NYC, so my idea of a ‘quad’ was a public park, and to me a public park meant 80% cement, 15% grass and 5% flowers. This is not Charlottesville at all — and that’s exactly why I chose to move here and have loved every minute of it.

The first thing that people will tell you about Charlottesville is how beautiful it is, and that is definitely a great selling point. I’m sitting on my patio in the height of the fall season and I cannot stop looking at how perfectly colored the trees are on the surrounding mountains. My 6-minute walk to and from school everyday beats my walk to and from Grand Central that I made for the last 3 years.

Beyond the beautiful scenery in Charlottesville (and there is A LOT of it), there is also a lot to actually DO in Charlottesville. Of course, as a New Yorker, I was highly skeptical that any place outside of the city would have a decent bagel, but Charlottesville has Bodo’s, which is just as delicious as an H&H NYC bagel. The greater food scene is incredible as well, with such a wealth of choices, from Thai to Sushi to delicious barbeque. I never feel that I am lacking in options for where to eat and where to drink. Just last week I found a new bar on the downtown mall designed like a horse stable with their own unique copper drinking cups and innovative alcoholic concoctions. For as much as Charlottesville is not like a large city, it comes with a lot of the large city benefits, like a diverse food scene, funky bars and great concerts/performances.

My favorite part of Charlottesville though is the Shenandoah Valley and all of the activities that come with it. I went hiking 6 times within the first 3 months of school; some hikes had dozens of waterfalls, others had challenging rock scrambles and some with unbelievable views of Charlottesville. With ski season around the corner there are plenty of opportunities to go on a day trip to Wintergreen resort just outside of the city.

Of course, no day of hiking would be complete without a stop at one of Charlottesville’s breweries. If beer isn’t your thing, Virginia also has more vineyards than you will have time to visit. With Sunday polo matches at the King’s Family Vineyard, Saturday night stargazing events at Veritas vineyard and dog-friendly happy hours at Keswick Vineyard, you will have plenty of options of where to try Virginia’s famous wine.

Whether you’re an avid outdoorsman, wine connoisseur, lover of ethnic cuisine or just a fan of gorgeous scenery, Charlottesville will not disappoint.”

Sasha Friedman is a current First Year in Section B (go birds!), looking toward a career in Operations Management or Marketing. Prior to Darden, she worked as a paralegal in the corporate transactions practice of a New York City law firm. When she’s not reading cases or going to trivia with her learning team, she loves sitting out on Flagler Court and enjoying a “real” quad experience.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 41
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Most of the talk has been about Indians living in India receiving interview invites, any updates from Americans? I know I saw a couple Americans received invitations a while back, but has anyone else recently?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
bulldog33 wrote:
Most of the talk has been about Indians living in India receiving interview invites, any updates from Americans? I know I saw a couple Americans received invitations a while back, but has anyone else recently?

Still waiting :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.02
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Just invited! 2:50 EST.

American - East Coast
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
smp5000 wrote:

American - East Coast

Me too! American - East Coast. There were only two days of on-campus interviews left available on the scheduler when I checked it - 12/3 and 12/6 (and NO class visits available). I guess I'm going to have to be "sick" that day. Anyone have a recommendation of where to stay overnight near campus?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thefinancelady wrote:
smp5000 wrote:

American - East Coast

Me too! American - East Coast. There were only two days of on-campus interviews left available on the scheduler when I checked it - 12/3 and 12/6 (and NO class visits available). I guess I'm going to have to be "sick" that day. Anyone have a recommendation of where to stay overnight near campus?

Congrats!

If you do not know any current students to stay with, I would recommend staying at the Inn right next to the grounds. It's literally a stone's throw away and cheap! https://www.innatdarden.com/

Also, I plan to check with admissions about the class visits and events for 12/3 and 12/6 to see if there is any availability.

I have already visited prior to applying but wouldn't mind experiencing it again!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Looks like a significant wave of interviews went out today and there aren't a lot of interview slots open. Sounds like for the group of us that didn't get the invite today it's better luck next year or somewhere else.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
smp5000 wrote:
thefinancelady wrote:
smp5000 wrote:

American - East Coast

Congrats!

If you do not know any current students to stay with, I would recommend staying at the Inn right next to the grounds. It's literally a stone's throw away and cheap! https://www.innatdarden.com/

Also, I plan to check with admissions about the class visits and events for 12/3 and 12/6 to see if there is any availability.

I have already visited prior to applying but wouldn't mind experiencing it again!

Would you mind sharing their feedback about class visits when you get it?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Would you mind sharing their feedback about class visits when you get it?

Certainly.

As for the invites. I would try and remain hopeful. I know an ex-admissions student and she said that they literally interview up until the deadline. I would expect more invites to go out...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
shreyas413 wrote:
Thanks Shawn for your insights. Although I may not be the one among EMBA radar, I am really curious to have clarification on this.
If someone wants to attend management education full-time and has strong reasons for regular MBA than EMBA, wouldn't Darden AdCom provide him a forum to express views? Some folks might not want to study part-time or through distance learning. For those, FT MBA is the best way to go. How does Darden AdCom view such opinion? Anybody aging 29-30 has this thin borderline where EMBA or PT MBA thoughts popup. But ultimately, if the prospect is at ease to sacrifice his employment and enroll FT, it will be helpful to know how this mindset is evaluated. Thanks for your post.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi Shreyas413,

If you haven't already received that specific communication, I wouldn't necessarily assume it applies to you. I myself was 31 when I began Darden, and I have at least 5 classmates that I can think of off the top of my head that are older than me (I know of two that are 34ish).

That said, in my on grounds interview, they did suggest that I would be a good candidate for the EMBA with my collective 8 years of experience (the EMBA minimum). However, like you, I said in my interview that I would much prefer the full time program for almost the exact same reasons you stated, in addition to the fit component (being closer in age group to the full time MBA students).

Shawn
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
All-

On the decision release date (12/17 for R1), your application status will change to reflect the admission decision. All denied applicants will have the opportunity to schedule a feedback call in June after the admissions cycle ends.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts