Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:03 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
WE:Management Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
Re: Darden (UVA) Class of 2016: Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
yoko182 wrote:
Calls to international applicants will already go out on Monday, December 16, right?

I think depending on the location they call some people on Dec 16th EST, but Dec 17th local time for the applicant. They would have to stand up really early for some calls, e.g. China (13 hours time shift), so it is easier to make those calls the night before.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden School Military Veteran Featured in The Wall Street Journal
Second Year student Scott Poitevent, president of the Darden Military Association and U.S. Navy veteran, was recently featured in The Wall Street Journal. In his interview, he discussed his experiences with applying to business school, his transition into life as an MBA student, the veteran recruiting network and the role that the Darden Military Association plays in supporting veterans at the School. Read the full story on The Wall Street Journal’swebsite.

This past summer, Scott also wrote an article for the Service Academy Career Conference blog on “Things to Consider When Applying to Business School.

Military veterans make up 7 – 9 % of Darden’s student population each year. To learn more about military veterans at the Darden School of Business, visit these pages:

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
FWIW I was down at Darden on Tuesday and spoke to Sara Neher. I explained I was a Round 1 applicant and hadn't received an invite. I asked what percentage "majority" meant from the post on the admissions blog prior to Thanksgiving. She thought for a second and then said 75-80% of interview invites have been sent.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
bconlan wrote:
FWIW I was down at Darden on Tuesday and spoke to Sara Neher. I explained I was a Round 1 applicant and hadn't received an invite. I asked what percentage "majority" meant from the post on the admissions blog prior to Thanksgiving. She thought for a second and then said 75-80% of interview invites have been sent.

Awesome - thanks for the update! I would've thought the number was higher...

Edit: welcome to gmatclub - I see this is your first post. +Kudos for you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
bconlan wrote:

That's great news! But it makes me nervous that we haven't heard of any invites lately, after the Thanksgiving break.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
One week to go. Starting to get very antsy and distracted. Also trying to prepare mentally for bad news, but not succeeding very well. Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Send PM
thefinancelady wrote:
One week to go. Starting to get very antsy and distracted. Also trying to prepare mentally for bad news, but not succeeding very well. Anyone else?

Yepp. I also can't motivate myself to work on additional applications. Deadlines for the next rounds are not long after next week's decisions...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
gentlejack wrote:
thefinancelady wrote:

Yepp. I also can't motivate myself to work on additional applications. Deadlines for the next rounds are not long after next week's decisions...

I've never been one to receive a last minute anything to change my luck. Preparing for the inevitable. Decided to not even try to do Round 2 until the Round 1 deadlines.
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden and the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management Webinar
Monday, December 16, 2013

8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET)

Are you applying or thinking about applying to Darden through the Consortium for Graduate Study in Management? Join Darden First Year students Josh Francis, Sonja Pedersen-Green and Derek Rey for a special webinar about the Darden MBA and our tight-knit community.

Learn about their experiences in applying to business school, choosing between MBA programs, career resources through the Consortium and at Darden, and transitioning to life in Charlottesville. A Q&A session will follow.

While this webinar is geared towards prospective students applying through the Consortium, we welcome anyone interested in learning more about diversity at Darden to attend. Register here.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
thefinancelady wrote:

+1. Good going on the European admits, though!

This is going to be a longggg week.
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Twitter Q&A With Darden Admissions Dean Sara Neher
With the Round 2 MBA deadline approaching on 7 January, we’d like to give you the opportunity to connect with Darden MBA Admissions Dean Sara Neher to get your questions answered. She will be hosting a live Q&A on Twitter this Thursday, 12 December from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (ET).

To participate, simply tweet your questions using the #DardenMBA hashtag during the scheduled chat session.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
xinga wrote:
Any invites this week?

I just got invited today for a remote interview! Not sure about how many spots left but I could only schedule this Friday at 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM, or 3:00 PM (8:00 AM was already full).

Best of luck everyone, invites are still going out apparently, at least for remote interviews!

If it's of any use, I'm a Mexican business consultant.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Chmeva wrote:
xinga wrote:
Any invites this week?

I just got invited today for a remote interview! Not sure about how many spots left but I could only schedule this Friday at 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM, or 3:00 PM (8:00 AM was already full).

Best of luck everyone, invites are still going out apparently, at least for remote interviews!

If it's of any use, I'm a Mexican business consultant.

Thanks for sharing! All the best to you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Do you guys know if Darden does a background check? If so, does anyone have any idea on what the fee for that is? Tuesday is fast approaching and I want to be ready just in case I get admitted.
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Meet Darden Students in Your City for a Coffee Chat
Are you interested in learning more about Darden, but are not able to travel to Charlottesville? We’d like to give you the opportunity to meet a Darden student in your city over the winter break.

Darden students are hosting coffee chats around the world to give prospective students the opportunity to learn more about the Darden experience. Please check our website often for an updated list because more dates and cities will be added throughout the next week. Below is a list of the events that have been planned so far:

15 December 2013
Guangzhou, China
Register

17 December 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
Register

17 December 2013
Delhi, India
Register

17 December 2013
Paris, France
Register

17 December 2013
Rio, Brazil
Register

17 December 2013
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Register

18 December 2013
Salt Lake City, UT
Register

19 December 2013
Boston, MA, USA
Register

21 December 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
Register

21 December 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Register

21 December 2013
Novi, MI, USA
Register

21 December 2013
Seattle, WA, USA
Register

22 December 2013
Arlington, VA, USA
Register

22 December 2013
Norman, OK, USA
Register

22 December 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
Register

22 December 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
Register

22 December 2013
York, PA, USA
Register

23 December 2013
Caracas, Venezuela
Register

23 December 2013
Dallas, TX, USA
Register

23 December 2013
Jacksonville, FL, USA
Register

23 December 2013
Lima, Peru
Register

23 December 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Register

23 December 2013
Princeton, NJ, USA
Register

23 December 2013
Rockville, MD, USA
Register

25 December 2013
Moscow, Russia
Register

26 December 2013
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Register

26 December 2013
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Register

27 December 2013
Cleveland, OH, USA
Register

28 December 2013
Birmingham, AL, USA
Register

28 December 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
Register

30 December 2013
Vienna, Austria
Register

6 January 2014
New York, NY, USA
Register
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
Will calls go out Monday or Tuesday? I'm seeing mixed things on the blogs and thread from the past year. Thanks and good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V46
GPA: 2.32
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Software)
Send PM
I just figured out that the 17th is Tuesday, not Monday. One more day than I though of this painful wait. Arg.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  40   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts