GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Apr 2019, 01:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Emory Goizueta ($) or UNC Kenan-Flagler ($)?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Which school?

• 25% [2]
  • 75% [6]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Emory Goizueta ($) or UNC Kenan-Flagler ($)?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 17:55
I was accepted to both Emory Goizueta and UNC Kenan-Flagler for the full time 2 year MBA program. Both schools offered me the same amount of scholarship. My post-MBA goal is either management consulting (CPG industry) at MBB or Deloitte based in DC or LA or investment banking in NYC. I know MBB will be a reach from these schools and that both schools are right next to each other in rankings. I’ll be visiting both schools again to see which school is the right fit. Which school do you recommend for my career path?

Posted from my mobile device
Board of Directors
V
Reviews Badge
Re: Emory Goizueta ($) or UNC Kenan-Flagler ($)?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 18:15
Mb123 wrote:
I was accepted to both Emory Goizueta and UNC Kenan-Flagler for the full time 2 year MBA program. Both schools offered me the same amount of scholarship. My post-MBA goal is either management consulting (CPG industry) at MBB or Deloitte based in DC or LA or investment banking in NYC. I know MBB will be a reach from these schools and that both schools are right next to each other in rankings. I’ll be visiting both schools again to see which school is the right fit. Which school do you recommend for my career path?

Amazing news! Can you please share more details about your profile - are you an international or domestic candidate? Both schools are amazing for the goals you are looking for. Emory has more people going to BCG and Bain while UNC has more to McKinsey.

Also, Deloitte is located in Atlanta, so technically it is Emory's advantage. Actually, all the 3 firms in MBB are located in Atlanta as well. I will just choose whether I want to stay in the city, whether I want to remain closer to the offices of my target industries, my financial situation, etc.

Good luck :-)
Verbal Resources: All SC Resources at one place | All CR Resources at one place
Blog: Subscribe to Question of the Day Blog
GMAT Club Inbuilt Error Log Functionality - View More.
New Visa Forum - Ask all your Visa Related Questions - here.
New! Best Reply Functionality on GMAT Club!
Find a bug in the new email templates and get rewarded with 2 weeks of GMATClub Tests for free
Check our new About Us Page here.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.45

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 18:39
Congrats on two great schools! For you goals of consulting or maybe investment banking, I would go with UNC here. UNC grads are more geographically dispersed. For example, almost 60% of Emory grads stay in the south. UNC grads have a good reach in NE/Mid-Atlantic and the South. Also for IB, UNC has a good reach in NYC if you go that way. For consulting, you can achieve that at both schools. Even though MMBD is in Atlanta, they have heavy OCR on UNC's campus. McKinsey & Deloitte take a lot of UNC people from personal experience. Also I feel the alumni network at UNC is bigger than at Emory and that is important. I would prefer UNC here.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2019, 18:39
abhimahna wrote:
Mb123 wrote:

Amazing news! Can you please share more details about your profile - are you an international or domestic candidate? Both schools are amazing for the goals you are looking for. Emory has more people going to BCG and Bain while UNC has more to McKinsey.

Also, Deloitte is located in Atlanta, so technically it is Emory's advantage. Actually, all the 3 firms in MBB are located in Atlanta as well. I will just choose whether I want to stay in the city, whether I want to remain closer to the offices of my target industries, my financial situation, etc.

Good luck :-)

I am a domestic applicant.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2019, 07:28
MBB is extremely difficult since it has the most consulting interest however MBB does recruit from both of these schools. Actually I know UNC actually has a strong (and growing pipeline with McKinsey. At least 4-5 students I met at experience weekend are going full-time or interning and that’s just from the random people I met). You also mentioned your backup might be IB. Given your goals, I would go with UNC here. UNC places extremely well in IB (Charlotte) and a decent amount of people to NYC. Also if you want to go to DC, UNC alumni reach would be stronger than Emory. Unc grads are more geographically dispersed where as almost 60% of Emory grads remain in the south.

SVP
SVP
V
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 12 Apr 2019, 04:45
Mb123 wrote:

Hi,

Congrats for both schools.

I will mention my process of thought in your case:

1- The visits will give you great exposure of both schools. Try to know about the culture, effect of the city to reach your goals, career office support.

2- Analyze which school gives you balanced opportunity to your goals (main goal and plan B). I would go to the most balanced one.

3- Have a closer look into the curriculum of each school. What do you inclined to study? Also, the type of teaching (case method vs lecture style).

Good luck
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Emory Goizueta ($) or UNC Kenan-Flagler ($)?   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2019, 04:45

Emory Goizueta ($) or UNC Kenan-Flagler ($)?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap