Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 11:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [7]
Given Kudos: 562
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [3]
Given Kudos: 479
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Schools: Duke '16 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q37 V48
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [1]
Send PM
Re: End of my GMAT Journey! [#permalink]
Kudos
jumsumtak wrote:
Was looking forward to a successful debrief. I'm sorry that it did not go your way. But, it's not over till the fat lady sings and obviously GMAT is only one part of your application.

It is good to know that you have the heart to carry on and it seems that you've learnt a lot from the process - that is a win to me. Come June-July, you might want to give this another shot. But, I second your thoughts of keeping it on hold and giving your mind and body the rest you deserve. Take a break, spend some time out with friends and family and then start thinking about the application process. Anyhow, you have lots of time for fall deadlines.

good luck on your future endeavors and look forward to seeing you in the business school threads!

[edit]: just to add to the above, in your quest to have a decent score, you have contributed a lot to the community and we all genuinely appreciate the effort :)

Thanks for the kind words mate! I am in no hurry to get an MBA. I won't stop until I make it to my target school! A 640 puts me in danger zone but with the efforts that I am going to put on my profile , I am sure I will make it there.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Send PM
nishant1006 wrote:
Sachin , bro !
you cant give up now dude...you have come too far to give it up and go for an avg MBA school. 700 is not that far..
read my brief , i appeared for GMAT on the 14th mar, there is a Lot of me that i can see in you.
see my mini brief n you will know what i am takin abt:

Thanks Nishant! I am too tired now to take it again! I have done nothing in my life in the last 10 months other than my work and GMAT! I am a highly active guy and I had sacrificed everything else. I am gonna life ma life now! I may think of taking it again in the future but for now, I am done!

I won't join an average school! I am gonna work on my profile! I have a lot of time to work on it as I am in no hurry to get an MBA!

Happy that you scored a 690! It ain't less! :) Good luck with your applications! :)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [2]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Kudos
Sachin9 wrote:
nishant1006 wrote:
Sachin , bro !
you cant give up now dude...you have come too far to give it up and go for an avg MBA school. 700 is not that far..
read my brief , i appeared for GMAT on the 14th mar, there is a Lot of me that i can see in you.

Thanks Nishant! I am too tired now to take it again! I have done nothing in my life in the last 10 months other than my work and GMAT! I am a highly active guy and I had sacrificed everything else. I am gonna life ma life now! I may think of taking it again in the future but for now, I am done!

I won't join an average school! I am gonna work on my profile! I have a lot of time to work on it as I am in no hurry to get an MBA!

Happy that you scored a 690! It ain't less! :) Good luck with your applications! :)

Its good that you are taking a break. Would suggest you to develop a hobby of reading a book in 2 weeks, So suppose you plan to give GMAT after 1 year. You would have read 26 books. This alone would improve your reading speed. This is secret of people who score in 750+ range.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
AbhiJ wrote:
Sachin9 wrote:
nishant1006 wrote:
Sachin , bro !

Its good that you are taking a break. Would suggest you to develop a hobby of reading a book in 2 weeks, So suppose you plan to give GMAT after 1 year. You would have read 26 books. This alone would improve your reading speed. This is secret of people who score in 750+ range.

Thanks a lot Abhi! This is an amazing piece of advice!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 6042 [1]
Given Kudos: 543
Send PM
Kudos
I agree I think there is a new trend in the SC questions not sure what's up?
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [2]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
I would say its kkkk...I have seen 100's of profile with 640 getting into top mba progs....
Moreover, with gmat you need to just place yourself 80% score bracket of the class....Apart from top 10 r may be top 15 ...you will be able to place yourself in that bracket. I would say there are gmat gurus scored 7tonsssss but did not make to top schools......I m talkn of this fall admission....Getgyan 720 accepted in Suchillich and Neeley....dinged from top schools. So i would say focus on your profile now.

I m sure you will get into school of your choice....I m keeping up my fight from last year and a half r so.....lets c wen can RIP

Archit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
fozzzy wrote:
I agree I think there is a new trend in the SC questions not sure what's up?

Yeah, and there's no place we can find the new kind of SC questions I guess!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
Archit143 wrote:
I would say its kkkk...I have seen 100's of profile with 640 getting into top mba progs....
Moreover, with gmat you need to just place yourself 80% score bracket of the class....Apart from top 10 r may be top 15 ...you will be able to place yourself in that bracket. I would say there are gmat gurus scored 7tonsssss but did not make to top schools......I m talkn of this fall admission....Getgyan 720 accepted in Suchillich and Neeley....dinged from top schools. So i would say focus on your profile now.

I m sure you will get into school of your choice....I m keeping up my fight from last year and a half r so.....lets c wen can RIP

Archit

Yup! thanks a lot, Archit!

We will rock!
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 63668 [2]
Given Kudos: 1774
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

GRE 2: Q170 V170
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sorry to join the conversation so late! Bummer that things didn't go your way, Sachin. You deserved better.

I really appreciate your attitude toward it all, though. Sometimes we forget that the GMAT is only a very small part of the picture, and the rest of your profile matters much more than your GMAT score. Sure, a 640 is going to make life tough for you at the top programs, but if you can make the rest of your application truly special, then you'll have some really good options. Some of the top European programs seem to be particularly agnostic when it comes to the GMAT, so maybe it's worth focusing some of your attention over there.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you on the forums, Sachin. Enjoy your break from studying, and I'll look forward to some good news during the next admissions cycle.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
GMATNinja wrote:
Sorry to join the conversation so late! Bummer that things didn't go your way, Sachin. You deserved better.

I really appreciate your attitude toward it all, though. Sometimes we forget that the GMAT is only a very small part of the picture, and the rest of your profile matters much more than your GMAT score. Sure, a 640 is going to make life tough for you at the top programs, but if you can make the rest of your application truly special, then you'll have some really good options. Some of the top European programs seem to be particularly agnostic when it comes to the GMAT, so maybe it's worth focusing some of your attention over there.

It's been a pleasure getting to know you on the forums, Sachin. Enjoy your break from studying, and I'll look forward to some good news during the next admissions cycle.

Thanks a lot Charles for your blogs and posts. They are special. :)
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 633 [3]
Given Kudos: 66
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Sachin9,

I haven't been on this forum for that long but I have noticed your active participation in all kinds of discussions and questions, so I wanted to take the time to thank you for your input and congratulate you on your pragmatic view of the entire GMAT experience. You put in a lot of dedication and effort and the result may not have been exactly what you wanted but the entire experience has undoubtedly made you wiser and more prepared for whatever else life throws your way. I'm hopeful this was an experience you will look back on fondly in the future.

I also hope to hear positive news from you in the future.

Best of luck!
-Ron
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Kudos
Sachin ..Don't give up . Although there are many factors that influence admissions at top schools,gmat is the single biggest factor...I suggest a retake again after a few months.

My story is very similar to yours.
I have been fighting the battle to 'conquer' the gmat for 6 months now. Its been only work and gmat prep for me all this while.I used Jeff Sackman books the 1st time ...ended up with a pathetic 450 on the GMAT. Took a break . Studied for 2 months .Scored a 600 this time. I was expecting a 650.
Have started to study again after a break . This time I hope to do well .:-)
Director
Director
Affiliations: NYK Line
Own Kudos [?]: 1857 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
RJSPO wrote:
Sachin ..Don't give up . Although there are many factors that influence admissions at top schools,gmat is the single biggest factor...I suggest a retake again after a few months.

I have been fighting the battle to 'conquer' the gmat for 6 months now. Its been only work and gmat prep for me all this while.I used Jeff Sackman books the 1st time ...ended up with a pathetic 450 on the GMAT. Took a break . Studied for 2 months .Scored a 600 this time. I was expecting a 650.

Hi RJSPO..
this is apart from the topic being discussed...I think Total gmat math is fr those, who have already reached a level of 45 in quants....i think it may help u nw...
i may be wrong...bt i have read feedbacks, that say , its for test takers who already have reached a level of 45...

it will be gr8 if u cn share ur experiences...

Archit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
RJSPO wrote:

Thanks RJSPO. I ain't giving up my aspirations to get into a good B school. I have spent enough money and time on GMAT so far and I think I must work on other aspects of my application and give a try. I may or may not take GMAT again but for at least 1 year, I am not gonna take GMAT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
VeritasPrepRon wrote:
Hi Sachin9,

I haven't been on this forum for that long but I have noticed your active participation in all kinds of discussions and questions, so I wanted to take the time to thank you for your input and congratulate you on your pragmatic view of the entire GMAT experience. You put in a lot of dedication and effort and the result may not have been exactly what you wanted but the entire experience has undoubtedly made you wiser and more prepared for whatever else life throws your way. I'm hopeful this was an experience you will look back on fondly in the future.

I also hope to hear positive news from you in the future.

Best of luck!
-Ron

Thanks a lot for the kind words Ron. I believe everything happens for our own good and a 640 on GMAT might be a blessing in disguise! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Send PM
Archit143 wrote:
RJSPO wrote:

Hi RJSPO..
this is apart from the topic being discussed...I think Total gmat math is fr those, who have already reached a level of 45 in quants....i think it may help u nw...
i may be wrong...bt i have read feedbacks, that say , its for test takers who already have reached a level of 45...

Archit

Archit - I stopped using Total GMAT Math after my 1st GMAT attempt. I use only MGMAT Strategy guides now.
If you think so, I will certainly look at Total GMAT again ...It does hv very useful shortcuts/tips.

Do you think Sackman's Challenge set would help improve my Quant score to 49-50 ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
RJSPO wrote:
Archit143 wrote:
RJSPO wrote:

Hi RJSPO..

Archit

Archit - I stopped using Total GMAT Math after my 1st GMAT attempt. I use only MGMAT Strategy guides now.
If you think so, I will certainly look at Total GMAT again ...It does hv very useful shortcuts/tips.

Do you think Sackman's Challenge set would help improve my Quant score to 49-50 ?

GMAT Club CATs will help for sure provided you use them properly and I can vouch for that.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37309 posts