Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 02:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 02:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 749 [1]
Given Kudos: 2265
Schools: HBS '22
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: ESR (Q49 & V15) Need help [#permalink]
Kudos
deeppan wrote:
Dear All,

Please be informed that I attempted my first ever GMAT yesterday & received the attached ESR.
I received the best score in Quant which I never received in Mocks (Min. Q40/Max. Q46) & received the worst score in verbal which I never received in Mocks (Min. V22/Max. V28)
The main problem, which I understood that I was left with 12 Questions in verbal for the last 10minutes.

Your review and input will be highly appreciated.
I am planning to give the next exam this month-end. Kind of optimistic but this is my target.

All suggestions are welcome.

Hii Deepak,

Sorry to hear about your performance in verbal section. Looking to your ESR, I would say you started off verbal section with a 50% accuracy. You answered medium questions wrong, doing that will definitely lower your score. I want to emphasize here that your low V score can not attributed to your bad performance in last quarter, where you were a short of time. Rather it is because of your performance in first two quarters.

Having said that, I would suggest you to work on medium level questions first. I am not sure what is your learning speed, but from the experience I have I can say that you would probably need at least 2 months to hit V32. But if you want V28 then I would say improve your accuracy on medium questions, focus on first quarter, you can not afford more mistakes in first quarter.

Additionally, V15 indicates that you are not ready or through with the concepts. You should also work on your basics regarding the GMAT.

I hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ESR (Q49 & V15) Need help [#permalink]
Thelionking1234 wrote:
deeppan wrote:
Dear All,

Please be informed that I attempted my first ever GMAT yesterday & received the attached ESR.
I received the best score in Quant which I never received in Mocks (Min. Q40/Max. Q46) & received the worst score in verbal which I never received in Mocks (Min. V22/Max. V28)
The main problem, which I understood that I was left with 12 Questions in verbal for the last 10minutes.

I am planning to give the next exam this month-end. Kind of optimistic but this is my target.

Hii Deepak,

Sorry to hear about your performance in verbal section. Looking to your ESR, I would say you started off verbal section with a 50% accuracy. You answered medium questions wrong, doing that will definitely lower your score. I want to emphasize here that your low V score can not attributed to your bad performance in last quarter, where you were a short of time. Rather it is because of your performance in first two quarters.

Having said that, I would suggest you to work on medium level questions first. I am not sure what is your learning speed, but from the experience I have I can say that you would probably need at least 2 months to hit V32. But if you want V28 then I would say improve your accuracy on medium questions, focus on first quarter, you can not afford more mistakes in first quarter.

Additionally, V15 indicates that you are not ready or through with the concepts. You should also work on your basics regarding the GMAT.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for providing insight on the first two quarters, and accuracy.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OnlineTutorKnight wrote:
What score are you looking to get?
Hi Thanks a lot for your response, my target is to get 70%ile in each hence I am looking for around Q49 V35. seems optimistic but I am on it. :cool: your guidance will be appreciated. :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11668 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi deeppan,

I'm sorry to hear that Test Day didn't go as well as planned. When these types of score drops occur (especially what you experienced in the Verbal section), the two likely "causes" involve either something that was unrealistic during practice or something that was surprising (or not accounted for) on Test Day. Before we discuss any of those potential issues though, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied? How many hours did you typically study each week?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) On what dates did you take EACH of your CATs/mocks and how did you score on EACH (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores for EACH)?

Goals:
4) What is your overall goal score?
5) When are you planning to apply to Business School and what Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Target Test Prep Representative
Affiliations: Target Test Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 22055 [0]
Given Kudos: 283
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi deeppan,

First off, very nice job with quant! Q49 is a fantastic quant score. Regarding verbal, because you are so far off your score goal (20 points), I don't think the data from your ESR will provide many insights. Rather, it's clear that you need to improve in all aspects of verbal in order to achieve your verbal score goal. With that in mind, do you want some advice on how to do so?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V40 (Online)
GRE 1: Q165 V163
Send PM
deeppan wrote:
Dear All,

Please note that as ScottTargetTestPrep said. Looking at your ESRs There appear to be fundamental deficiencies in your Verbal preparation. I don't know what your target score is but if its 670-700, 2 weeks isn't sufficient a time to close this gap. Your math appears to be OK so prioritize Verbal.
Go through my debrief for some insights as I also faced difficulty in Verbal at the start. Target at least the end of Nov for your retake. You can also enroll in some courses if you want a structured preparation.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts