GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jul 2018, 11:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

EVALUATE MY PROFILE

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
EVALUATE MY PROFILE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 05:00
Hi ,

I have worked initially with Wipro and currently working with TCS and will have the work ex of 5 years by this September.
Have worked in 5+ projects have onsite experience of 1 year and have lead a team as well.
Have worked for various clients in various domains such as Telecom and Banking.

Class 10th -- 80.60
Class 12th -- 83.60
Graduation (BE) -- 63.84

Planning to take GMAT by September end. Target score : 700 + (I am currently at 665 as per the mocks )

It would be great if someone could evaluate this and let me know If I can make it in ISB round2 ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: INSEAD, HEC, ISB, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: EVALUATE MY PROFILE  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 05:28
Hello harsh1628

ISB will evaluate your candidature based on 6 admission factors mentioned here.
Breaking your profile down-
1. Academic potential is good not stellar. I will recommend at least 730+ as you come from a highly represented pool of applicants and will need a strong differentiator.
2. Quality of Work Ex- while your international stint should help, but what you have done in these 5 years matters more. What has been your career progress and key achievements?
3. Diversity- The first essay asks about this explicitly. Diversity comes from role, industry, extracurricular etc. In your case you are at a disadvantage due to the industry. Your extracurricular can help you here. Due to missing info cannot comment.
4. Career Goals- This, my friend, is the most critical piece of the admissions puzzle. What are your career goals and why is an MBA an absolute necessity? Please throw some light on this.
You will need to have a spike in 3 of the above mentioned 4 factors. I currently don't see spike in any either because of missing info (Work Ex and Career Goals) or average record (Diversity & Academics). You should supplement your research on career goals by reading here.
You will need to weave these into a well written application.
Should you feel the need to discuss this further, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

harsh1628 wrote:
Hi ,

I have worked initially with Wipro and currently working with TCS and will have the work ex of 5 years by this September.
Have worked in 5+ projects have onsite experience of 1 year and have lead a team as well.

Class 10th -- 80.60
Class 12th -- 83.60
Graduation (BE) -- 63.84

Planning to take GMAT by September end. Target score : 700 + (I am currently at 665 as per the mocks )

It would be great if someone could evaluate this and let me know If I can make it in ISB round2 ?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 09:48
Top Contributor
harsh1628 wrote:
Hi ,

Class 10th -- 80.60
Class 12th -- 83.60
Graduation (BE) -- 63.84

Hi Harsh
- You are in a tough and competitive pool, and will need a strong GMAT score. Aim 720+ here, as your acads are not outstanding.
- The onsite experience and telecom and banking exposure is useful, but you will need more (leadership experiences, strong ECA) to differentiate.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Expert Post
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Jul 2018, 10:40
harsh1628 wrote:
Hi ,

Class 10th -- 80.60
Class 12th -- 83.60
Graduation (BE) -- 63.84

Hi Harsh,

Round 2 is not very different from Round 1 - which ever round you apply in, your application will have to be outstanding. You will have to differentiate yourself from the thousands of other applicants with similar work experience as yours. Essentially this means demonstrating your 1. leadership capability; 2. exemplary achievements; 3. maturity and readiness to contribute to an MBA program; 4. clear career vision.

Work hard on the GMAT score- think of a 720+. And then work some more on the application to stand out in your most competitive applicant pool.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Write to us for a FREE profile evaluation
Read our blog:The MBA Decoder Bulletin
Read our Testimonials
View the Deadlines

Expert Post
Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 00:33
harsh1628 wrote:
Hi ,

Class 10th -- 80.60
Class 12th -- 83.60
Graduation (BE) -- 63.84

Hi harsh1628,

Thanks for writing in.

The onsite experience, as well as the client-handling exposure in different domains, will surely add value to your candidature. However, considering you belong to an overrepresented pool of applicants (Indian IT Male), we recommend that you aim for a score upwards of 720 - the higher, the better. 700 is under the average score at ISB and will not help differentiate your profile.

Also, your decision of applying in R2 is a good one as you will be better prepared then. Moreover, ISB reserves an equal number of seats for both R1 and R2 so that should not be anything to worry about :-)

Should you feel the need for a detailed evaluation, feel free to reach out.

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.85

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 16:44
Hi, please evaluate my profile for ISB.

14+ yrs of experience (11 yrs in software delivery (dev/lead/PM/SPM), last 3 yrs in Software Sr Sales Director)
8+yrs of experience working onsite
10th - 83%
12th - 76%
Engineering computer science - 68%

My experience as a sales director can show case how i have worked focusing to create brand awareness, build network & establish relationships with prospects to grow our business. My prior experience would also have instances where i have taken up leadership role and changed the customer perspective from negative to positive.

Would be giving my GMAT soon. Hopefully would be able to cross 700.
Expert Post
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 21:10
gunnysunny wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile for ISB.

14+ yrs of experience (11 yrs in software delivery (dev/lead/PM/SPM), last 3 yrs in Software Sr Sales Director)
8+yrs of experience working onsite
10th - 83%
12th - 76%
Engineering computer science - 68%

My experience as a sales director can show case how i have worked focusing to create brand awareness, build network & establish relationships with prospects to grow our business. My prior experience would also have instances where i have taken up leadership role and changed the customer perspective from negative to positive.

Would be giving my GMAT soon. Hopefully would be able to cross 700.

Hi Gunny Sunny,

That's a great experience overall. As you have rightly pointed out you must address your substantial leadership experience to prove to the adcom that you have had excellent career growth and achievements. The other important thing is to convince them that :
1. You really do need the MBA. Present ambitious goals and explain why they require an MBA.
2. NOW IS the right time to get an MBA - this is crucial. Adcoms want to know why you did not do it earlier like most others.
3. Assure them that you have a strong network to find yourself a job.

I'd anyhow recommend you apply to IIMA PGPX. ISB has been accepting lesser senior executives over the last two years, so you should keep your other options open in order to ensure you definitely go to business school next year.

There are other options abroad- there is the Sloan Fellowship program that is administered by MIT Sloan, LBS and Stanford (MSx). There's also an iBear program by USC Marshall. All four programs are one year, residential and are specifically designed for senior professionals like you, who are ready to jump to senior leadership roles.

Reach out to us should you want to discuss your profile further.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772, +91(80) 40931397
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Write to us for a FREE profile evaluation
Read our blog:The MBA Decoder Bulletin
Read our Testimonials
View the Deadlines

Re: EVALUATE MY PROFILE &nbs [#permalink] 07 Jul 2018, 21:10

EVALUATE MY PROFILE

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap