GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 00:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Experts' Topic of the Week, 7/7/17: Get 4 new, “fake” GMATPrep tests!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Re: Experts' Topic of the Week, 7/7/17: Get 4 new, “fake” GMATPrep tests!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 05:48
deddex wrote:
Hi All,
I am particularly asking this to moderators and test takers in India, can we get the GMAT-style test booklet and marker which GMATNinja mentions in this post locally here (at a cheaper cost); to buy this set at 17 USD (1,200 INR) doesn't look worth

The reason I want to buy this is I have seen many test-takers (also me) suffer while using this on the test day (MAYBE we are not habituated to use these weird markers and super big booklets)
You can make one on your own (the noteboard, not the marker :)). But what problems did you face on test day? Did your markers run dry?
B
Schools: ISB '20, NUS '21
GMAT 1: 420 Q26 V13
GMAT 2: 540 Q44 V21
Re: Experts' Topic of the Week, 7/7/17: Get 4 new, “fake” GMATPrep tests!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 06:21
AjiteshArun wrote:
You can make one on your own (the noteboard, not the marker :)). But what problems did you face on test day? Did your markers run dry?

Oh yess, they dried up just after a few mintues when the lid was opened. A similar problem was faced by gmatace2018 and he did complain (at the centre officials and also emailed GMAC). I am ensure what steps are being taken?!

Test Centre: Pearson Professional Centre, Andheri, Mumbai
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2018, 07:20
Yea the markers were quite bad.. It was as if we were expected to not keep the lid open for longer.. however, the markers used to stop working even after the lid was kept open for a minute or two.. and they were those thick markers.. using which the notes were also illegible.. even after requesting additional mrkers, the situation was the same.. Im surprised at the kind of stationary being provided after pying $250..
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
GMAT 2: 800 Q51 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V170

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2019, 01:32
I should have done this a long time ago, but we’ve finally fully updated this to reflect the formatting in the online mba.com software, as well as the shorter GMAT exam. Enjoy!

Beginners' guides to GMAT verbal
Reading Comprehension | Critical Reasoning | Sentence Correction

YouTube LIVE verbal webinars
Series 1: Fundamentals of SC & CR | Series 2: Developing a Winning GMAT Mindset

SC & CR Questions of the Day (QOTDs), featuring expert explanations
All QOTDs | Subscribe via email | RSS

Need an expert reply?
Hit the request verbal experts' reply button -- and please be specific about your question. Feel free to tag @GMATNinja in your post. Priority is always given to official GMAT questions.

Sentence Correction articles & resources
How to go from great (760) to incredible (780) on GMAT SC | That "-ing" Word Probably Isn't a Verb | That "-ed" Word Might Not Be a Verb, Either | No-BS Guide to GMAT Idioms | "Being" is not the enemy | WTF is "that" doing in my sentence?

Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning, and other articles & resources
All GMAT Ninja articles on GMAT Club | Using LSAT for GMAT CR & RC |7 reasons why your actual GMAT scores don't match your practice test scores | How to get 4 additional "fake" GMAT Prep tests for $29.99 | Time management on verbal
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2019, 14:36
Thanks for the protips GMATNinja, I had actually doing this already by browsing the OG directory and opening dozens of tabs... btw, you can use http://www.timer-tab.com/ to keep track of time if you don't have a 2nd screen. I prefer this over looking at my phone.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Experts' Topic of the Week, 7/7/17: Get 4 new, “fake” GMATPrep tests!   [#permalink] 31 May 2019, 14:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 45 posts ] 

Experts' Topic of the Week, 7/7/17: Get 4 new, “fake” GMATPrep tests!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep