GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jul 2018, 14:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC Dec '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 2.2
Reviews Badge
Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 06:46
mcelroytutoring wrote:
solanki2803 wrote:
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me that in order to get 700 in GMAT how many questions should be right out of 41Q in verbal considering all correct in QA or is it depend on the GMAT adaptive test.

regards,
Vikas

Some general estimates:

0 wrong = 50 or 51
1 wrong = 48
2 wrong = 47
3 wrong = 46
4 wrong = 44
5 wrong = 42
6 wrong = 41
7 wrong = 40
etc.

Your 200-800 score is a combination of your Quant and Verbal section scores.

From V46 to V47 to V40 to V42: My GMAT Verbal Journey (with ESRs)

-Brian

Please confirm wether the number of questions as mentioned above is basically out of 41 questions or out of 30-31 questions, which GMAT tests for score ?

thanks in advance
Top Contributor
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2018, 12:40
Top Contributor
irishiraj87 wrote:
Please confirm wether the number of questions as mentioned above is basically out of 41 questions or out of 30-31 questions, which GMAT tests for score ?

thanks in advance

The numbers above pertain to the 30 counted questions on Verbal only, not the 11 experimental ("pretest") questions.

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Feb 2018, 11:45
Hi,
I have given 2 GMAT Prep tests
Gmat prep 1 620 V28 Q 47
Gmat prep 2 560 V28 Q 39

P.S. I committed silly mistakes in Q in Gmat Prep 2.

In both the examinations in verbal I got 13 questions incorrect , I find that generally in a 10 Q cycle till Question number 30 I get around 2-3 wrong i.e 6-9 incorrect. In the last 10 questions or to be precise the last 5 questions generally are what I get incorrect.
Some body please help me with this
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 23:55
Hi,

I m preparing from past 3 months and my score is not consistent. I take mocks of GMAT prep software by resetting the 2 mocks once completed. There are few questions that get repeated in every mock but I believe that as I am not excelling(able to score 700+) in these mocks, I still need to prepare from GMAT prep mock by resetting it instead of going for another test series.
By now I have reset the GMAT prep mock 4 times. Here is my performance in last 2 mocks:

GMAT Prep1: Score 690- Q50, V32- 6 incorrect in quant and 14 in verbal
GMAT Prep2: Score 590- Q49, V21- 8 incorrect in quant and 16 in verbal

I observed that my verbal score is very inconsistent.
Is it possible that by answering just 2 more questions incorrectly the score can drop by 11 points? Is it possible or is there something I am missing?
I would appreciate your suggestions and guidance.
Top Contributor
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: AB, cum laude, Harvard University (Class of '02)
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V48
GMAT 2: 730 Q44 V47
GMAT 3: 750 Q50 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V169
WE: Education (Education)
For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 09:16
Top Contributor
SHIWANGIANAND wrote:
Hi,

I m preparing from past 3 months and my score is not consistent. I take mocks of GMAT prep software by resetting the 2 mocks once completed. There are few questions that get repeated in every mock but I believe that as I am not excelling(able to score 700+) in these mocks, I still need to prepare from GMAT prep mock by resetting it instead of going for another test series.
By now I have reset the GMAT prep mock 4 times. Here is my performance in last 2 mocks:

GMAT Prep1: Score 690- Q50, V32- 6 incorrect in quant and 14 in verbal
GMAT Prep2: Score 590- Q49, V21- 8 incorrect in quant and 16 in verbal

I observed that my verbal score is very inconsistent.
Is it possible that by answering just 2 more questions incorrectly the score can drop by 11 points? Is it possible or is there something I am missing?
I would appreciate your suggestions and guidance.

Hi SHIWANGIANAND,

First, the numbers I provided are for the actual GMAT, which currently contains 23 experimental/uncounted questions, and starting on April 16 will contain 12 experimentals. On GMATPrep, every question is counted, and that's the first reason why you will see big differences in your results between the two. However, it is also true that the number of questions you answer incorrectly matters only about as much as the difficulty level of questions you earn over the course of the section.

From V46 to V47 to V40 to V42: my GMAT Verbal Journey (with ESRs)

-Brian

Harvard grad and 99% GMAT scorer, offering expert, private GMAT tutoring and coaching, both in-person (San Diego, CA, USA) and online worldwide, since 2002.

One of the only known humans to have taken the GMAT 5 times and scored in the 700s every time (700, 710, 730, 750, 770), including verified section scores of Q50 / V47, as well as personal bests of 8/8 IR (2 times), 6/6 AWA (4 times), 50/51Q and 48/51V (1 question wrong).

You can download my official test-taker score report (all scores within the last 5 years) directly from the Pearson Vue website: https://tinyurl.com/y94hlarr Date of Birth: 09 December 1979.

GMAT Action Plan and Free E-Book - McElroy Tutoring

Director
Director
P
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2018, 18:35
Hopefully this link will be useful too.

https://thegmatblogger.in/2015/04/17/ho ... alculated/

Thanks!
Do give some kudos.

Simple strategy:
“Once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

Best Gmat Resource:
GmatPrep CR|GmatPrep SC|GmatPrep RC

Re: For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct? &nbs [#permalink] 09 May 2018, 18:35

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 26 posts ] 

For 700 score How many Verbal question should be correct?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: egmat

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap