GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jun 2018, 14:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Frustrated, Stuck and Tired - Need Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Frustrated, Stuck and Tired - Need Help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 12:57
Hello fellow Aspirants and Experts.

Even after postponing my gmat exam from late Dec 2017 to early Feb 2018 and giving Verbal a thorough re- read, I am still stuck at the same score. My score is hovering around 680 with Quants consistently at 49. I am already late for top Masters in finance programs and this fact is also adding to my anxiety. My CFA level 3 prep hasn't started yet because of this GMAT monster.

I have three gmat prep exams left. I havent practiced or explored IR and AWA yet.

Please tell me:

1) strategy to move to Q50. Else no point applying to finance programs

2) strategy or techniques to not get panicked while giving mock. I am always running behind the time and anxiety creeps in. I am never able to complete all questions and always end up guessing last 3-4 questions in both sections.

3) effective time management techniques

4) last 10-15 day climb road map. My exam is on 8th Feb.

Thanks..

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
P
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: Frustrated, Stuck and Tired - Need Help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 00:49
HarshBazooka wrote:

Even after postponing my gmat exam from late Dec 2017 to early Feb 2018 and giving Verbal a thorough re- read, I am still stuck at the same score. My score is hovering around 680 with Quants consistently at 49. I am already late for top Masters in finance programs and this fact is also adding to my anxiety. My CFA level 3 prep hasn't started yet because of this GMAT monster.

I have three gmat prep exams left. I havent practiced or explored IR and AWA yet.

Please tell me:

2) strategy or techniques to not get panicked while giving mock. I am always running behind the time and anxiety creeps in. I am never able to complete all questions and always end up guessing last 3-4 questions in both sections.

Thanks..

Do you have gmatclub mocks? If yes then that will help your QA prep. Also, answer all the questions and go through the solutions of OG and QA review.

Analyze your mocks and see what are the questions you end up spending more time on. Are they from one particular area? If yes, go back to the basics of that topic and revise.

Set a threshold on the time you spend per question. If you are overshooting, then guess and move on. Avoid getting emotional with specific questions.

+1 kudos if you find this useful
GMAT 1: 750 (Q50; V40; IR 8; AWA 5.5)
Debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/first-attempt-750-q50-v40-ir-8-awa-245721.html

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.76
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 09:58
Hi,

right now if you really want to get 750, then you need to calm down yourself because you know very well that staying calm and control is a key to success for GMAT.
For quant i will suggest you to do gmatclub quant tests, they are awesome and with time you will see that you are able to manage your time.
Second thing, you will find question directory where every you can get questions according to difficult level. try to find out your weak Suppose, you cant answer advance Counting problems, go to directory and get 700 level counting questions and practice them.
Try Manhattan advance Quant book and Bunnel Questions.
With this all, I am sure you will get quant 51.

Other very important thing, do not forget verbal section...it is as important as quant.
Best,

HarshBazooka wrote:

Please tell me:

Thanks..

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds. -Larry Bird
Success isn't something that just happens - success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared. -Sparky Anderson
-S

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.9

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 16:35
We would like to help for free and can try and match you with a mentor to talk through issues with you ASAP!!

GMAT Mentors, a non-profit focused on facilitating 1-on-1 free GMAT support and advice! We believe that everyone should have access to GMAT support, regardless of their background or financial situation.

If you are interested in receiving GMAT support, please fill out the brief question form through our website: www.GMATmentors.com

Please feel free to email us with any questions at support@gmatmentors.com

We hope to hear from you soon!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2018, 20:38
GMATMentors wrote:
We would like to help for free and can try and match you with a mentor to talk through issues with you ASAP!!

GMAT Mentors, a non-profit focused on facilitating 1-on-1 free GMAT support and advice! We believe that everyone should have access to GMAT support, regardless of their background or financial situation.

If you are interested in receiving GMAT support, please fill out the brief question form through our website: http://www.GMATmentors.com

Please feel free to email us with any questions at support@gmatmentors.com

We hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks. Form filled and submitted.

Re: Frustrated, Stuck and Tired - Need Help   [#permalink] 23 Jan 2018, 20:38

Frustrated, Stuck and Tired - Need Help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR JUNE
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Free Full GMAT video course, 100% free
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap