Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [4]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Financial Times 2019 MBA Rankings are Out [#permalink]
Kudos
bb wrote:
akrockheartz19 wrote:
I find the position of CEIBS a bit surprising. Most of the Chinese students I know didn't even consider CEIBS when applying for US B-schools. This is despite all of them have plans to go back to China to work there.

Slight off topic question - I have heard this a lot - Chinese students looking to go back after US or EU MBA as opposed to many internationals looking for H1B and to stay. Do you know why that is different with the Chinese students? Are opportunities better or what is it?

I meant to ask this a few times but never got to it. Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device

I would say - All of the reasons you mentioned.

My evidence is anecdotal, but these observations come from knowing students at Kellogg, Booth, and Georgetown. H1B is obviously a big hurdle. Apart from that, most Chinese students are looking to get into MBB and the popular opinion is that getting into Shanghai and Beijing MBB office is relatively easier if you are studying at Kellogg or Booth v/s CEIBS. Apparently, the salaries offered by MBB is higher for US MBA students.

Additionally, the tech scene is growing rapidly in China and most of the Chinese firms pay equal to US salaries, if not more. Combine that with low cost of living and cultural know-how and the decision is somewhat straight forward.

Finally, one thing which most Chinese students hate is the networking aspect in the US. The cold calls, small talk and other softer skills that you need to have to be successful in the US are quite difficult for them to overcome. That's not saying that all of them feel this way, but most do.

In contrast, other internationals want to stay in the US for two major reasons- Money and/or cultural experience.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Financial Times 2019 MBA Rankings are Out [#permalink]
Kudos